Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mystes posted:

How about if we compromise and just say that they should have had her shot by a firing squad?

Like I literally don't understand how she could get such a mild punishment for simultaneously passing a school bus that I assume had its lights on/stop sign out and driving on the sidewalk both of which should be totally inexcusable on their own.

If you're someone who would even consider doing that, you should at the least never be allowed to drive a car ever again.

If she ran over some kid after that would the kid's parents be like "oh yeah sure she passed a school bus on the sidewalk but she had to hold a sign so nobody could have expected this; poo poo just happens"?

The sign thing is an usual way to try to shame someone but it's basically saying "we're not allowed to actually punish you for this for real because anything goes when you're driving a car in america so I guess we'll just try to embarrass you slightly"

i imagine if she had hit someone the punishment would be more severe but generally speaking courts punish people for what they did and not what they might have done hypothetically

personally i'm shocked she didn't eat a bigger fine, i thought you were supposed to get fat loving fines for speeding in construction areas or passing schoolbuses/fire engines and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cars are cool

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

cars are cool
actually no

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

look at all these cool cars, they come in all different shapes and sizes. just like real people!

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Jestery posted:

Spotted this on the local bikeway

, System working as intended

What bikeway? This looks like a road divider. Feel like I'm missing something here.

edit: is it the white car on the far side of the road sitting in a bikeway? Help me out here please.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

look at all these cool cars, they come in all different shapes and sizes. just like real people!

I can't remember the last time I saw a pickup with a bed that long. They're all microbeds now.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

so does cancer

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nocturtle posted:

What bikeway? This looks like a road divider. Feel like I'm missing something here.

edit: is it the white car on the far side of the road sitting in a bikeway? Help me out here please.

yes, you can tell it's the bikeway because someone's parked their car in the middle of it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

distortion park posted:

so does cancer

cancer isn't very cool though

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Very funny. [unsheathes blade and begins pedaling] Prepare to die.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i will never share my hotwheels with you

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

i imagine if she had hit someone the punishment would be more severe but generally speaking courts punish people for what they did and not what they might have done hypothetically

personally i'm shocked she didn't eat a bigger fine, i thought you were supposed to get fat loving fines for speeding in construction areas or passing schoolbuses/fire engines and poo poo

they mean if she later hit a kid with her license that should have been permanently taken away.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Cugel the Clever posted:

When did school dropoff/pickup become such an ubiquitous thing? At least when and where I went to school, it was a wild abnormality.

"I have to drive my kid to school in my assault vehicle because, if they walked or biked, somebody driving their kids to school might run them over!!!" :downs:
republicans stoking fear about crime. idk why they dont take the bus instead

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I like to drive fast with one hand on the wheel like a cool guy

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

these days only the top left one exists. also its 3x larger.

you can also get the top left one with a vestigel truck bed.

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

None of those are even real cars that exist in the us in 2022 lol

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

yeah most car manufacturers only make “SUV that looks like a compact car at 200% scale” and “inflatable cartoon truck, also at 200% scale” in tyool 2022

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Nocturtle posted:

The bike way is on the side closest to the camera

It has collected the wing mirror and bumper of a car that couldn't take the turn

mystes
May 31, 2006

mistermojo posted:

I like to drive fast with one hand on the wheel like a cool guy
The cool people drive with zero hands on the wheel now and trust their life (and your life!) to a very bad computer program

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

these days only the top left one exists. also its 3x larger.

you can also get the top left one with a vestigel truck bed.

That's why cars are so cool.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIaTMV_IBQc

Here is the context that just makes them both look even dumber. If another driver tries to run you off the road, you don't have to continue road battling them forever like this. Your car is capable of slowing down, stopping, and even turning onto other roads.

drat the comments are aids

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://i.imgur.com/Y6EdoT8.mp4

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

this is what they actually think they're doing irl, isn't it

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
BMW simulator is looking great

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think it's nice of society to leave 2 spots reserved near the front of parking lot for BMW owners.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Crossposting from the Canada thread:
https://twitter.com/EatsFood2/status/1495105362785099785

This convoy poo poo is going to get copycatted in the US and there will be deaths. If nothing else, the use of a vehicle as a weapon merits a reasonably proportionate response.

Cugel the Clever has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Feb 20, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cugel the Clever posted:

Crossposting from the Canada thread:
https://twitter.com/EatsFood2/status/1495105362785099785

This convoy poo poo is going to get copycatted in the US and there will be deaths. If nothing else, the use of a vehicle as a weapon merits a reasonably proportionate response.

Nothing will happen to them because laws have been passed making vehicular homicide legal for fascist babies

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bdMSCdw20

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nothing will happen to them because laws have been passed making vehicular homicide legal for fascist babies

Vehicular homicide is already legal as long as you aren't drunk and stay at the scene. They just have to say "the sun was in my eyes " or"they came out of nowhere " or"i mixed up the gas and the brake ".

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

except in the case of the person who killed my friend and crippled another: if you have 10+ traffic violations in the past couple years and no valid license you may get a couple weeks in the brig and a fine before they let you get behind the wheel again

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

just had a giant SUV tailgate me in a garage (posted speed 5mph) and then peel around me,on a ramp, blowing through marked crosswalk where a family was waiting to get to the elevators.

car brain sucks and our laws encourage it. if this moron had run over that family at most they could claim it was in their blind spot or something dumb and (especially if they’re white) just get a point on their license or something.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I hate the bastard automobile

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

leftist heap posted:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
From my morning errands:

Samuel Glompers posted:

leftist heap posted:

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I wish it were somehow possible to make it mandatory for anybody trying to get a drivers license to commute by bike for a few months first, so they can experience what it's like being on the receiving end of carbrain before they get to be on the giving end.

I feel like in European cities with huge cycling numbers this is probably a positive flow-on effect, if you and everyone you know cycles all over the place all the time you're going to behave a lot differently when you get behind the wheel of a car. There's probably a snowball type effect there where the more people who cycle, the more drivers who know what it's like and the less agro there is on the road which encourages more cycling.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Yeah, absolutely. The biggest problem is that most Americans don't ever ride bikes so people who ride bikes are just weird dumb people who are getting in the way if normal people

Actually even if the do ride a bike occasionally they probably only do it recreationally on paths so people riding around normal places for transportation are still weird other people.

That's totally different even from a situation where most people drive most of the time but still use bikes for short local trips.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yeah most Americans see someone riding a bike on the road and their internal monologue is literally "oh so you think you're better than me???"

mystes
May 31, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

yeah most Americans see someone riding a bike on the road and their internal monologue is literally "oh so you think you're better than me???"
Nah that's wishful thinking. it's really just "why is this idiot getting in people's way riding a toy for kids"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Yes I believe the conspiracy theory that suburban ways of life are set up to reinforce the idea that riding a bus or a bike are childish things that should be put away when you're a big boy/girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

mystes posted:

Yeah, absolutely. The biggest problem is that most Americans don't ever ride bikes so people who ride bikes are just weird dumb people who are getting in the way if normal people

Not only will most American adults never ride a bicycle, they will hold people whose huge trucks aren't huge enough in disdain lol