Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

Yeah dont worry about the kislev rivalry as katarina, just slap a supporter building in each minor settlement, its good for devotion and order anyways. Kos (or some say, Kostaltyn) has an initial lead but unless he balls out hard he'll be plateaued on supporter income pretty quickly

Honestly I wish when you got 600 supporters it didn’t automatically confederate Kostaltyn. He was a great buffer against the demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

neonchameleon posted:

One thing about the Realm of the Sorcerer - I'm pretty sure that the teleport paths are different for each different person that is in there. I mugged N'kari with Katarin when they appeared from the beacon I was trying to reach to get to the survival battle.
Having lost to Kugath (forcing a restart from ~10 turns back) and nearly again to Miao Yin, both of whom moved past me in far fewer hops, yes I can confirm.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I feel like Tzeentch would approve of save-scumming.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Broken Cog posted:

:thunk:

If you've played the Kairos campaign, you will know why

I guess this means that Kairos is the only character in the game that will be able to get every single lord defeat trait

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Any idea if its possible to replace settlement battles with field battles, before mods come out? I have zero modding experience unfortunately.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think I'd like it if settlements were naturally field battles, the defenses make the map a minor settlement map and the second tier that currently adds walls instead dramatically increases the supplies you start with and get.

I'd like walled settlement battles to be minimized, I guess that's what I'm getting at. Also how the hell did CA take the lesson "Towers should really be significantly more threatening" from W2 rather than "One of the least fun mechanics in the game is towers"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Frog Act posted:

So I have a fat stack of cash as Cathay but a low income and can only have one caravan dispatched at a time - is the more than one caravan a tech thing? I really need a higher income if I want to tech up now that I have crane gunners and cannons, but don’t want to eradicate my income even with a nice cash reserve. I just confederated the guys who own the other two gates and that seems to have made my economy worse

You can only send out a second caravan once the first one has started heading back. Just keep them going nonstop. Also keep in mind any units you accumulate though events will carry over, so you can snowball pretty hard as your caravans get bigger each trip and can crush ambushes in autoresolve.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
How are all of you building your Demon Prince? All of his pieces of equipment are weird cuz they don't feel like upgrades as you unlock them. He also feels really weak compared to other lords. Right now I've just got some sort of Nurgle head that let's me cast Purple Sun of Xereueudueuuex and that's basically the be all/end all for him right now.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah I need a new graphics card badly. loving bitcoin.

Hell I just need a whole new computer.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I just made my Daemon Prince into a Bloodthirster

Regen in melee and lots of melee stats

Sort of just made me miss Skarbrand :3:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Talking of Caravans: What happens when you send a caravan to a location you got the unique item for already?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I came here to posit that siege attrition can stay instant if they make it cut one way or the other based on public order, and that it was ridiculous I could start depriving Laurelon from the word Go. Then I managed to spring up a rebel army in two turns so I dunno :catstare:

Ravenfood posted:

:same:

QuintessenceX posted:

How are all of you building your Demon Prince? All of his pieces of equipment are weird cuz they don't feel like upgrades as you unlock them. He also feels really weak compared to other lords. Right now I've just got some sort of Nurgle head that let's me cast Purple Sun of Xereueudueuuex and that's basically the be all/end all for him right now.
Max melee attack and defense, max missile resistance and ward save where I can get it, DoT when in melee, anti-large weapon. Not great at any one thing but can tie up anything.

Randarkman posted:

I feel like Tzeentch would approve of save-scumming.
Thread title right there.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
looking for key binding advice, what do you change from default?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It's past turn 100 on my Kislev campaign, Ko-ko-Kostaltyn has joined up frankly earlier then I expected since I stopped paying attention to the support race in the last 10 turns and somehow sucked in about 150 of them without realizing and now I have to find the money and time to support his trash fire war with Chaos undivided, Khorne dudes and some rogue army north of troll country. I was relying on the Dwarves to prop up my northern and eastern borders but Kraka Drak decided to put all it's eggs in one basket and charged off to the north over the sea for whatever the loving reason and now all that poo poo is Nurgle and Urngrim kinda did the same thing but with the darklands and ignoring a Slaanesh portal.

My effort to get the Slaanesh prince soul was hosed by a late entry into the realm because Katerina was down with Ague plague for another 5 turns when the bear roared, and now I made it almost to horny palace but only had one turn left so I wasn't gonna make it. So I took the vainglory temptation gate that gives all your lords and heroes +15 levels so I guess it's time use all these new heroes I have to clean some drat house.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Caidin posted:

My effort to get the Slaanesh prince soul was hosed by a late entry into the realm because Katerina was down with Ague plague for another 5 turns when the bear roared, and now I made it almost to horny palace but only had one turn left so I wasn't gonna make it. So I took the vainglory temptation gate that gives all your lords and heroes +15 levels so I guess it's time use all these new heroes I have to clean some drat house.

lmao I got only 5 levels. Slaanesh :argh:

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Which buildings increase local recruitment cap for chaos undivided? I'm stuck on 2 and I can't find anything in the building browser that increases it...

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Have a hero or two follow around enemy LLs and close the gates before they can enter. The shoe is finally on the other foot you fuckers

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Honestly I wish when you got 600 supporters it didn’t automatically confederate Kostaltyn. He was a great buffer against the demons.

Every time I've confederated a Kislev faction it turns out their economy was utter dogshit and somehow incapable of supporting even a fraction of the troops they have and they just become an income crashing liability until I disband and/or suicide charge all their troops and generals. I don't recall it being that bad in TW1 or 2.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I do love the outpost systems. I can have feral mammoths and warpfire cannons in my army. thats tight

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Every time I've confederated a Kislev faction it turns out their economy was utter dogshit and somehow incapable of supporting even a fraction of the troops they have and they just become an income crashing liability until I disband and/or suicide charge all their troops and generals. I don't recall it being that bad in TW1 or 2.

There's a bug with lords, they add to increase your upkeep even when disbanded. Confederation really fucks you over 'cause of that, the AI often ends up recruiting a lot of lords.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Game good.

Goldtooth is insanely strong, started my first campaign, didn't really pay much attention to camps until turn 10, by 30 turns in on normal/normal I was number 1 in the power rankings with a million allies and 100k in the bank with +7k a turn. Just the most ridiculously rich and powerful faction.

Plays and runs better on my potato machine than wh2 did so thats nice.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

whats the play with ogre camps, just drop em deep in enemy territory?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Southpaugh posted:

I think you might be the only person with that experience.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Sinteres posted:

I think you might be the only person with that experience.

nah, it's just very inconsistent across machines

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm not saying everyone's having horrible performance issues, but that's definitely the first time I've seen someone say it runs better than 2.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm so excited for some crazy person to mod the caravan stuff into its own roguelike game. If I could just have the game give me random troops and fight random battles I would be in heaven.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal

Vashro posted:

looking for key binding advice, what do you change from default?

Set pause as spacebar. Saves my life. The UI options menu space bar is defaulted to is fine on P. I also recommend C/V for speed up and slow down respectively.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Omnicarus posted:

The game is doing something odd that the previous games didn't do at all - occasionally on battles the entire game just freezes its processing, not the graphical updates or anything but there's a good two seconds where everything stays put.

Following up here, I figured out that this is only happening for me in scripted missions where there is an area trigger that fires when a unit gets to a certain place. I'm guessing it's related to the game checking if a unit is there?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sinteres posted:

I'm not saying everyone's having horrible performance issues, but that's definitely the first time I've seen someone say it runs better than 2.

I think it runs about the same for me? But Warhams 2 didn't crash as often.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

whats the play with ogre camps, just drop em deep in enemy territory?

IMO early on you want to plop one down as soon as you can, but preferably in the direction you’re expanding, in order to get it developing so you get access to the higher tier camp benefits/units sooner. They’re your only way to access the whole roster so you want at least one high level camp. As your camp cap increases you’ll want to start ones in enemy territory, more for the meat and maybe replenishment than to actually develop them, then after you conquer the area you can abandon them and set up new ones closer to the front.

One good tip Legendoftotalwar had for them was to finish your army’s movement into enemy territory, plop down your camp, then move your lord’s units into the camp at the end of the turn for the 60% upkeep reduction. Depending on your stack, it can recoup to the cost of the camp altogether!

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I was half way through my first survival battle in Khorne's realm and I alt tabbed, big mistake. It's usually fine with alt tabbing but nooo. Those battles are too drat long for me to fight without brief breaks and definitely too long to replay.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
ok ready for caring about rifts for real, reloaded from 15 turns back aaaand take 2:

I'M THE BEST DAUGHTER EVER AND I AM HERE TO SMOKE OPIUM AND BEAT THE poo poo OUT OF TZEENTCH AND I ALREADY SMOKED ALL THE OPIUM

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

some of the rewards for leaving slaanesh's realm are absurd, I got a sword that has +500 Armor Piercing Weapon Damage and +20% ward save, among some other beefy stat stacks - the only downside being spreading Slaanesh corruption in the local provence

Also I love how the daemon prince battles to take their souls include your summonable reinforcements as "reinforcements" and allow you to auto-resolve. Counting that huge stack of T5 units in the autoresolve calculation means you can just autoresolve Heroic Victories on those battles every time, which is good because playing Tower Defense in Total War isn't too fun

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 20, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Southpaugh posted:

Same actually. Also have potato machine, also runs a lot better than wh2, especially loading times. I can even afford to run Lost Ark login queue in another window without my computer making GBS threads itself, which I didn't believe was possible.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hey -- did they rush out a day 1 patch for the performance issues yet?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I think the tower defense stuff in the prince battle was pretty fun. But it's pretty braindead stuff so it was only fun once.

Stuff melee units in the gaps and watch as the AI mindlessly walks into your army while getting blown apart by towers isn't super exciting stuff

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017

deep dish peat moss posted:

some of the rewards for leaving slaanesh's realm are absurd, I got a sword that has +500 Armor Piercing Weapon Damage and +20% ward save, among some other beefy stat stacks - the only downside being spreading Slaanesh corruption in the local provence

They are extremely nuts. At the cost of a +2 corruption trait on my lord I got a follower you can just stick on a hero that gives +250 local growth, +25 global control and -50 local enemy control.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Ravenfood posted:

I have a complete overkill PC and this game runs significantly worse than WH2 even with a bunch of mods, so there's that.

Started my first campaign as Khorne and kind of got bored past turn 50, gonna give ogres a try now.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah that Slaaneshi guy is really good at temptation it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

deep dish peat moss posted:

Also I love how the daemon prince battles to take their souls include your summonable reinforcements as "reinforcements" and allow you to auto-resolve. Counting that huge stack of T5 units in the autoresolve calculation means you can just autoresolve Heroic Victories on those battles every time, which is good because playing Tower Defense in Total War isn't too fun

I was a little surprised you could just autoresolve the big survival battles but as the father of a newborn I don't get to play for very long and I appreciate not being locked into a long fight