Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Please dont encourage WGing to remove one of the last free things they just give out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I haven't had to play a single Yoh tank but I nearly have the entire line researched (except the modules of course). Every daily mission that rewards blueprints seems to give me 2x yoh blueprints every time. I still got a good amount of other tier 7 and 8 tanks that need to be researched though. Seems odd I keep getting so many Yoh tank bps.

McGavin posted:

Who gets a survey is random.

Edit: Of course I put that I'm delighted to get the Well Deserved Reward, as it's a special sign the developers are paying attention to the players. :lolplant:

It seems like they're trying to get rid of the Well Deserved Reward this year.

They probably want to replace it with some RNG roulette style "give away" that needs bonds to play again if you don't get the new Super X tank. Don't get it this year? Don't worry, it will be back next year to try again!!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Please dont encourage WGing to remove one of the last free things they just give out

I didn't, but their questions made it seem like they really want to remove it. I guess because it isn't fair to new players. :shrug:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

I didn't, but their questions made it seem like they really want to remove it. I guess because it isn't fair to new players. :shrug:

Then they should give the tanks to new players too. I dunno like after a year if they want to incentivize people sticking to the game?

A well deserved anniversary reward.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I agree. It should be for everyone, not just the bitter vets. And there should be ways for new players to earn the rewards that older players were given. I hate it when games gate content based on when your account was created.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
It looks like everyone that played more than 4 years got the tanks anyway?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/well-deserved-reward-2021/

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The point of things like the Well Deserved Reward is to dump an email once a year on everyone who has quit that says 'hey remember this game? here's a bunch of free stuff!' to make them come back, and none of those people are going to be responding to surveys.

WG are really bad at understanding how to reel people in even if they're being super profit focused: the number 1 way to make money is for more people to play your game, not to squeeze a dwindling population of whales ever harder. They're probably out there patting themselves on the back for maximising their per-player returns but that's no loving use if the number of players is going down instead of up.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm trying to Ace the MKA and I just had a battle where I got 1,166 xp. The lowest Ace on wotreplays is 1,179. :negative:.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I aced my Foch 155 in my very first game and it wasn't even a good game, the expected values in the foch 155 must be rock bottom.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The lowest xp Foch 155 Ace on wotreplays is 1,079 xp.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Nice beat it by 40xp :smuggo:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You don't even have the top gun on the Conq, do you?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

34k xp of 60k so far for the top gun.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6181352#berlin-mariuslecter-conqueror

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is the Conqueror fun? Should I grind the Conqueror?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's one of the better heavies at its tier.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I did not care for the Caernarvon at all which kinda makes me wonder if I'd like the Conqueror either. It's possible I didn't figure out how to make it work but it felt like the tank's gimmick of having good turret armour didn't really work in practise and I was getting penned left, right and center.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
There's no faster way to kill any enjoyment left for you in this forsaken game than trying to play the hulldown meta, wiggling back and forth behind a hill crest trying to time shots into tiny Kranvagn cupolas.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

There's no faster way to kill any enjoyment left for you in this forsaken game than trying to play the hulldown meta, wiggling back and forth behind a hill crest trying to time shots into tiny Kranvagn cupolas.

I see you play Ranked.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've never played the non premium British heavies but my understanding is that they're all hot garbage until the conqueror. And for the BP that's being a bit harsh on the garbage.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I did not care for the Caernarvon at all which kinda makes me wonder if I'd like the Conqueror either. It's possible I didn't figure out how to make it work but it felt like the tank's gimmick of having good turret armour didn't really work in practise and I was getting penned left, right and center.

I love the Caernivore-on, hurt me to have to sell it for credits for the Cromwell B deal. Have the crew in the Caern AX ready to hop back in at some future time when I rebuy it.

Conqueror has been a pretty good stock grind.
Just really slow till the top engine I even tossed in a Turbo Charger. Think I'm gonna keep that in there with the Rammer and Improved Hardening.

The stock gun is pretty great DPM and perma tracking people for 30 seconds to a whole drat minute is possible.

e;

They took a ton of punishment and escaped with 10hp and never reappeared again. We capped them out on encounter Erlenberg.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 19, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I got an offer for the Jagdtiger 8,8 in the trading caravan. I can probably guess the answer, but is the thing fun? I see it has preferential matchmaking at least.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I got an offer for the Jagdtiger 8,8 in the trading caravan. I can probably guess the answer, but is the thing fun? I see it has preferential matchmaking at least.

It's an assault gun because the 88mm doesn't have great pen for new T10-armored T8s (the APCR round only has 237mm average pen), but it absolutely *shits* DPM. Plugging normal equipment into tanks.gg, I got 3629.43 DPM which equates to a little over 15rpm at .27 dispersion.

This is with normal Rammer/Vents with a wildcard slot depending on how you want to play it. Plus Chocolate and BiA. You can also hit 450m view range with Chocolate, Vents, BiA and both vision skills without any kind of optics or binocs.

The armor on it is nothing special anymore with power creep and everyone carrying APCR and HEAT. It's also a little awkward to crew as a German TD since it has two loaders.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 19, 2022

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Azhais posted:

I've never played the non premium British heavies but my understanding is that they're all hot garbage until the conqueror. And for the BP that's being a bit harsh on the garbage.

This is clearly wrong since the Black Prince exists.

The T8 is an absolute monster now too, one of the highest DPM T8 and it gets a turret that can let you use that DPM.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's alright, and a good time when you're top dog in the matchmaker. Not the nigh-invulnerable monster it once was, due to a combination of power-creep at Tier VIII and every glue-eating monkey going full gold with their ammo, but it still prints credits and if you catch someone out then they're in for a really lousy day as you throw 240dmg at them every 4.2 seconds. Permatracking with this thing is great fun and watching your victim flail their turret around in frustration never gets old.

Sadly though the way the MM frequently throws you into Tier IX battles will see that "fine-on-paper" 250mm of armour put up about as much resistance as the paper it's written on.

In short, it's a gamble. Fantastic when you're punching down (and even when it's a single-tier game the potential is there), but when the MM shits on you, it shits hard.

Azhais posted:

The Caernarvon at Tier VIII is a horrible monster that catches unwaware pubbies as they overextend and rips them apart with over 3,000 DPM while the turret bounces everything short of a V2 rocket. It's amazing.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 19, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Weekly (NA) WoT Code: TOPDOG

Rental Panzer 58 Mutz for 3 days
Access to a Mission
5x Personal Reserves: +300% to Crew Experience for 1 hour

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
The trading caravan on NA is eager to offer me a number of mid-tier tanks for 5m a pop: the Rudy, the ISU-122S, and the IS-2, each with a BIA crew.

I'm wondering if it'd be a better use of my credits to just... buy training manuals for my good tanks I'm focused on at 2m a pop until I have ludicrously good crew on some of my primary tanks?

The thing is that these tier 6/7 tanks do come with BIA crew, help me goons I'm not sure how to best waste my silver~

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Those tanks have 0-skill BIA crews, which make them much better than a crew with BIA because they have BIA but don't count as having a skill so the xp required to get to the next skill is exponentially lower. The Rudy is especially great because you get 2 tanks (Polish and USSR) for the price of one. Tier 6 tanks are also the choice tanks for doing Battle Pass missions, so the Rudy and Cromwell B are definitely worth buying in my opinion.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

McGavin posted:

Those tanks have 0-skill BIA crews, which make them much better than a crew with BIA because they have BIA but don't count as having a skill so the xp required to get to the next skill is exponentially lower. The Rudy is especially great because you get 2 tanks (Polish and USSR) for the price of one. Tier 6 tanks are also the choice tanks for doing Battle Pass missions, so the Rudy and Cromwell B are definitely worth buying in my opinion.

Thanks much, the Rudy seems way more like a steal now - plus who doesn't love the 34-85s. I'll get grinding!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Numismancer posted:

Thanks much, the Rudy seems way more like a steal now - plus who doesn't love the 34-85s. I'll get grinding!

The Rudy is an excellent value because you can switch it between Russian and Polish crews, and the Poles have pretty decent mediums.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Crews with free skills are very powerful due to xp cost scaling, if you plan to stick around with this accursed game for a longer time.
Getting them for credits is a no brainer. Some people used to buy those tanks for real money, sell them ingame and buy them again to get another BiA crew :smith:

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

McGavin posted:

Also not sure how I did it (quite a while ago) but I managed to get a second set of polish BIA crew by moving the crew to another tank / barracks, not playing them switching it back to soviet and then having a patch drop. Wish I could explain it better but I somehow ended up with a spare Polish BIA crew for the Rudy.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
The same thing happened to me. I believe I converted one of the polish bia crews to heavy tanks when I started grinding to the 60tp

Scapegoat posted:

Also not sure how I did it (quite a while ago) but I managed to get a second set of polish BIA crew by moving the crew to another tank / barracks, not playing them switching it back to soviet and then having a patch drop. Wish I could explain it better but I somehow ended up with a spare Polish BIA crew for the Rudy.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They just straight up gave the Rudy an extra Polish crew in one of the patches. I think it was when they introduced the Polish tech tree.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Yeah, when I switch Nationality of the tank there is a whole other crew that takes over. The other crew is still in the tank or something cause they dont go to the barracks.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Schrodinger's Tank Crew.

They're either Russian or Polish, but not at the same time.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hey nerds, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTeUKO3MkXQ

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I love poo poo like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_LhAveOAgM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009