Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

I think night Factory also has a 55% chance of Tagilla.

Not sure the exact % but it is more common yeah. Anyone know if that applies to other bosses?

Talking of bosses, are there go to strats for each of them? Reshala is pretty easy and for Killa we can use the VEPR Hunter meta, but I tried to kill Sanitar the other day and he instagibbed me as soon as I peeked from one of the cottage windows.

Tagilla defaults to the same spot on Factory so you can pre-fire him pretty easy. Not sure about Glukhar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Man this game is hard until you unlock better vendor levels and the flea market and leveling is so slow. Can I just load up on cheap meds and shoot myself or hump barbed wire and heal for XP?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

AlternateAccount posted:

Man this game is hard until you unlock better vendor levels and the flea market and leveling is so slow. Can I just load up on cheap meds and shoot myself or hump barbed wire and heal for XP?

Yes yes you can.
But really that's not very efficient.
Here's some tips for quicker XP gain.

Search every body. The way search XP works, you get xp based on the number of items you identify in a container, when you search a body you automatically get xp for each item they have equipped. So even if you know they don't have anything you want to loot, peek them real fast for extra xp. Since I started doing this it's almost doubled my end of raid xp rewards.
Don't use the Therapist to heal when you exit the raid, instead get a Grizzly med kit and use that. It's slightly cheaper and gives you xp.
If you're low on hydration and energy, save your food and drink for in raid, you get xp and metabolism skill ups
Headshots on scavs give bonus XP, always go for headshots if you can.
You get a big bonus for extracting successfully so survival should be your number one priority

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

if you kill a player scav do ai scav turn hostile. I killed some guy that shot at me first and just one after the other more scavs came out and started shootin. I cant tell if they were all player scavs but they just kept coming out to fire on me.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
If they shoot but don’t hit you, you’re a bad scav according to the Tarkov rules

If they shoot you and hit you, you’re safe to kill them and only them.

You’re safe to shoot if they shot a scav at any point m, but that’s not as easy to judge

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Battlestate Games: We want the guns modability to match reality
Reality:

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Ahh, so that's what blue tape is useful for.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Bucnasti posted:

Yes yes you can.
But really that's not very efficient.
Here's some tips for quicker XP gain.

Search every body. The way search XP works, you get xp based on the number of items you identify in a container, when you search a body you automatically get xp for each item they have equipped. So even if you know they don't have anything you want to loot, peek them real fast for extra xp. Since I started doing this it's almost doubled my end of raid xp rewards.
Don't use the Therapist to heal when you exit the raid, instead get a Grizzly med kit and use that. It's slightly cheaper and gives you xp.
If you're low on hydration and energy, save your food and drink for in raid, you get xp and metabolism skill ups
Headshots on scavs give bonus XP, always go for headshots if you can.
You get a big bonus for extracting successfully so survival should be your number one priority

I do a lot of this. I check every body because I am an unrepentant loot goblin.

I don’t think I can even get a grizzly since all vendors are LL1 and I’m not 15. Just using the Kraft singles.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Ahh, so that's what blue tape is useful for.

Mechanic takes 20 for an M1A for a reason, comrade.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I hit flea today and holy poo poo. Feels like a different game

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

What does "Use only available parts" mean in the Weapon presets? It doesn't seem to have any relation to whether or not traders sell them, whether it's in stock on the flea market, whether it's avliable on the flea, or whether or not it's in your inventory ready to assemble.

Only thing I can tie it to is the clipboard icon at the bottom right corner each item. Checking this option hides items that have that icon.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 21, 2022

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

TJChap2840 posted:

If they shoot but don’t hit you, you’re a bad scav according to the Tarkov rules

If they shoot you and hit you, you’re safe to kill them and only them.

You’re safe to shoot if they shot a scav at any point m, but that’s not as easy to judge

You're only safe to shoot if they killed a scav that didn't shoot them first .

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

OK I think I found the answer. If the item is in your inventory, and will allow you to assemble right away, then it won't have that clipboard item at the bottom right.

However, there might be a bug where checking the option "Use only available parts" will remove that icon from some weapon parts, and then allow them to be selected. Here it is in action.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SimilarImaginaryBorderterrier-mobile.mp4

Is this a bug? Or am I misunderstanding the feature?

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 21, 2022

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Hihohe posted:

if you kill a player scav do ai scav turn hostile. I killed some guy that shot at me first and just one after the other more scavs came out and started shootin. I cant tell if they were all player scavs but they just kept coming out to fire on me.

There are also raiders and rogues who will go aggro on you (for the most part) no matter the faction, and go in groups. Local scavs will go aggro on you if you tk

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

When you try to do purchase the items, uncheck the second box up top. You should be able to install all the items, then press back and then assembled

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Charles 1998 posted:

Is this a bug? Or am I misunderstanding the feature?

I can't answer your question, but that whole weapon preset area is so poorly designed and implemented it's impressive.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

They want to add radiation to some map areas, if your PMC stays too long it's permadeath and your whole profile gets wiped.

I'm not kidding.
stuff like this should be saved for russia 2028... at some point they gotta pinch this fucken games development off and get working on what tarkov was meant to fund... stalker made by the tarkov team on unreal 5 would be :discourse:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Gay Hitler posted:

You're only safe to shoot if they killed a scav that didn't shoot them first .

If a pscav has shot an AI scav or another pscav, you can kill them with no penalty to your fence rep.

If a pscav has killed another pscav, you can kill them and get a rep reward for it.

Thats actually how it works

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

ChesterJT posted:

I can't answer your question, but that whole weapon preset area is so poorly designed and implemented it's impressive.

Escape From Tarkov: so poorly designed and implemented it's impressive.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I'd like for the lowest flea price to be shown in the preset screen. A bunch of times I'll make a gun only to find that that handguard is 80K because it's needed for a quest or something.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I love videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOrenu3eUlA

It just reinforces my rat tendencies.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Charles 1998 posted:

Escape From Tarkov: so poorly designed and implemented it's impressive.

Also, I just realized they added the helmet+flashlight combo over a year ago and there's still no way to turn it on without removing it, attaching it to a gun, turning it on, removing it, and reattaching it to the helmet.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Died because I didn't make it to the extract in time on a map, never got my insured rifle back.

Working as intended?

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

AlternateAccount posted:

Died because I didn't make it to the extract in time on a map, never got my insured rifle back.

Working as intended?

Yeah if you are about to MIA you need to throw your insured gear down.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

pocket pool posted:

Yeah if you are about to MIA you need to throw your insured gear down.

Ffffuuuuu I just sat down in a quiet spot and died instead.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

AlternateAccount posted:

Ffffuuuuu I just sat down in a quiet spot and died instead.

Don't worry. Youll lose plenty more rifles in the future.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Don't worry. Youll lose plenty more rifles in the future.

Best Tarkov advice anyone can give. It should be the thread title, forever.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

TheTofuShop posted:

If a pscav has shot an AI scav or another pscav, you can kill them with no penalty to your fence rep.

If a pscav has killed another pscav, you can kill them and get a rep reward for it.

Thats actually how it works

Negatory. Pscav nearly killed my bud and I saved him. Lost rep.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Ah, perhaps if it hits *you* theres no penalty then, as they hadnt killed another scav but hadnt hit you so it gave you a rep loss. As I had 2 pscavs earlier this week reject my loot offering and then die after shooting me and I recieved no penalty for bringing them to justice

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I dusted two pscavs who attacked me and I definitely didn’t get penalized and maaaaybe got a rep boost? They were dumb, giant backpacks full of goodies and decided to start it at close range.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Charles 1998 posted:

Battlestate Games: We want the guns modability to match reality
Reality:

I really wish there was some dumb poo poo like this for scavs.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
It would be cool if scavs got a pile of random trash each raid to build a loadout from limited by weight or space or value or something.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
I figured out how to suck way less at this... take a decent semi auto shotgun with magnum rounds and just blitz around the map... specifically customs I've been successful on. I'm playing so much better because headshots are easier to make, and you don't have any hesitancy about taking risky moves with such a cheap loadout.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Kashwashwa posted:

I figured out how to suck way less at this... take a decent semi auto shotgun with magnum rounds and just blitz around the map... specifically customs I've been successful on. I'm playing so much better because headshots are easier to make, and you don't have any hesitancy about taking risky moves with such a cheap loadout.

This is 100% the best way to get confidence and build skills. if you're always afraid of losing your poo poo you won't push yourself into those tough situations and learn. i've found the aggressor has advantage in a majority of situations.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The best way to play this game is to completely ignore scav karma.

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
the best way to scav play is to name yourself 'the loot redistributer' and run around to hidden caches swapping low value loot around but making it look like the caches are otherwise untouched

Beemo
Feb 20, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I love videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOrenu3eUlA

It just reinforces my rat tendencies.

Oh poo poo, I know this guy, he's the eft guy who gleefully admits to almost sexually assaulting his sister.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SeductiveClearPepperoniRiPepperonis

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
A lot of very sweaty boys playing tonight and kicking my rear end.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

jerman999 posted:

I did a woods raid and completed four quests :unsmith: so close to flea market

This is my first wipe and I really wish people had emphasized more how important it is to just bum rush quests and finish raids until you get to 15 /the flea because the game's completely different once you get access to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Is cheating much of a thing in this game? I know I am bad, but last night I was sitting perfectly still in a bush and watching this guy move perpendicular to me about 50m away along a wall. Suddenly he stops, snaps right to me and kills me in about 1.5 seconds with a headshot.

Feels spurious.

edit: but my friend did manage to win a close quarters gun fight in the gas station on customs. Him with a garbage SKS he looted off a scav five minutes before vs. some try hard funny guy with FOUR lasers on this full auto M4. Just hyper aggression and trigger mashing.