Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

nrook posted:

this is definitely not what you’re looking for but there is Government Corruption Investigator Rintaro Nakabo

Misappropriation Investigator you mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The mod will be one of the Toonami thread normies, I'm betting.

*slowly backs out of the room before anyone notices me*

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Homer_Simpson_hiding_in_a_bush.gif

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

dogsicle posted:

100% this has existed in one of the many old man manga magazines
It needs to be scanlated then.

nrook posted:

this is definitely not what you’re looking for but there is Government Corruption Investigator Rintaro Nakabo
Assuming this was for me, yeah I think the action tag is not exactly my thing - I was imagining something way more slow-paced.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm very much looking forward to the English release of the BL isekai manga about an accountant who gets portaled into a fantasy world where he continues to be an accountant (and also gets a hot knight boyfriend)

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It needs to be animated then.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

*slowly backs out of the room before anyone notices me*

if it helps you post constantly with your foot lodged in your mouth so i don't think you're in the running even in this hypothetical

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

isnt that like the number one quality of a mod

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

drat stair might have a point

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Let he who is without sin…

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stair coming in with the astute observation

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Speaking of accountants, a streamer I was watching brought up the idea of an anime or manga about an accountant, just doing their job.
Like, that's the entire story.

And I genuinely wanna read that manga.

Speaking from experience it'd be boring as hell most of the time!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Space Flower posted:

dick spacious, CPA would be a wonderful fit for the thread

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Make namtab do it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cant wait to be chain probated

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Srice posted:

Speaking from experience it'd be boring as hell most of the time!
Slice of life is my favorite genre.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

can you make my money grow, srice?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Stairmaster posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Slice of life is my favorite genre.

The general office stuff, sure, but the nitty gritty of it all would be a challenge to make interesting! There's a reason why a lot of salaryman manga can get vague about the actual work after all.

Stairmaster posted:

Heck I wish I could do that with my own!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Polsy posted:

Zorak's position was that irl idol agencies are run by the yakuza and/or paedophiles, and thus idol anime glamorising it is bad.

I have read stories on this very forum about late-90s/2000s-era boy bands all being formed for exactly that second reason (some airline exec formed the Backstreet Boys, N*SYNC, and all those other bands just so he could get little boys into his office and suck their dicks — I SPECIFICALLY remember someone saying he gave head but didn't receive it), so this wouldn't necessarily shock me.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm very much looking forward to the English release of the BL isekai manga about an accountant who gets portaled into a fantasy world where he continues to be an accountant (and also gets a hot knight boyfriend)

Well, double-entry bookkeeping is one of the standard low-hanging technological fruits isekai protags wow the natives with.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Paracelsus posted:

Well, double-entry bookkeeping is one of the standard low-hanging technological fruits isekai protags wow the natives with.

Solte the Traveler did this but with Othello and washing your hands

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Srice posted:

The general office stuff, sure, but the nitty gritty of it all would be a challenge to make interesting! There's a reason why a lot of salaryman manga can get vague about the actual work after all.

If you do it with enough verve and intensity and give it the superficial appearance of having high stakes, even the dullest bullshit task can be funny and watchable. The Devil is a Part-Timer pulled that trick rather well

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Make namtab do it.

Some people have their destiny laid out right before them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure we should give moderatorship to so many Karens.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Schir posted:

shake things up a bit, randomly select some regular from one of the really niche subforums who's never posted in ADTRW. get one of the BFC regulars, it'd be funny to watch some accountant have to deal with the vtuber thread

I'll do it, I'll mod the vtuber thread but only post about Kizuna AI and Sonic The VTuber will be allowed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

If you do it with enough verve and intensity and give it the superficial appearance of having high stakes, even the dullest bullshit task can be funny and watchable. The Devil is a Part-Timer pulled that trick rather well

If Fukumoto were to make a manga about it, well, he can make anything compelling as hell.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Red Minjo posted:

I for one can't imagine an accountant having a hobby that amounts to just throwing money into a black hole

I see that you don't frequent the Star Citizen thread

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

trucutru posted:

I'll do it, I'll mod the vtuber thread but only post about Kizuna AI and Sonic The VTuber will be allowed.
kizuna ai is retiring though...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

all three of them?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

Better yet! There will be only sanic.

that would solve a huge problem, nobody would ever want to gently caress an animated hedgehog.

vvvv indeed! vvvv

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

trucutru posted:

Yeah, sure, this won't attract perverts :rolleyes:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Erg posted:

all three of them?
i'm sorry erg, half of the lovepii channel already retired, months ago...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Baal so I don't want them to leave forever.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It looks like the admins pressed the "remove star" button but declined to press the perma button, as I expected, and as was the right call

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

cheetah7071 posted:

It looks like the admins pressed the "remove star" button but declined to press the perma button, as I expected, and as was the right call

Lol cowards

At least own the fact that you’re driving good people off with your lovely site-running, Jeffery

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

weird how you posted that in this, the vtuber thread

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeff will be posting here on Tuesday to handle any questions or comments, thank you for your patience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope that someday Vtuber fans can learn to be less easily trolled. They should take some inspiration from furries.

And probably KPOP fans.