Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bust Rodd posted:

I just meant that over the plan-DEMS-ick! they’ve given relatively minor bandwidth to the globally distressing COVID-19 trutherism horseshit when they could have easily spent months doing different crackpot COVID conspiracies and making things worse. I just appreciate that Brace & Liz try not to simply disseminate bad facts and misinformation for the sake of the show.
it helps that most of the conspiracy stuff is all LAB LEAK!!! anti-china wish-thinking that they’d be less likely to want to spread generally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yeah it's all red-scare bullshit that they're desperately trying to make stick with young folks but really only ends up catching boomers again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea they could probably do an ep on the lab leak nonsense but it really just boils down to 'almost every medical person who studied it said 'yea this is some bat poo poo that went buck wild, nature's crazy huh folks?' and people like 'the bat lady of Wuhan' have been very actively encouraging people to tour the lab and inspect it themselves while the US keeps going 'well...we won't, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING????'

The only people on the other side are idiots like that Redford ex CDC head who goes on Fox to say 'well OBVIOUSLY it's lab made, just, uh...just look at it...yea...that's got Han treachery all over it...' and genuine morons like Tom Cotton using a boring red scare 'well China can't prove it DIDN'T come from a lab soooo'.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I just tell the anti vaxers I work with that a Chinese bioweapon is rewriting all their dna when they catch covid

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It wouldn't be a hypothetical Wuhan lab leak they'd be covering. IIRC Brace said "google Ft. Detrick" on Chapo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My brain is buzzing with the vignette of Ghizlaine Maxwell losing access to her Reddit mod buttons. In a yearning to regain that control, that feeling of power, she offers her decades of community management experience to Jeffrey of YOSPOS via smuggled cell phone that doesn't have the awful app, a final favor from mossad.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

code:
PROBATION	08/21/21 10:37pm	KirbyKhan	Mossad Sends Its Regards.	Fluffdaddy	Fluffdaddy

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

bi crimes posted:

You’d need some balls of steel or be completely not self aware to wear this if you’re in flyover country, lmao

This but also pretty much anywhere else too. Like obviously NYC would be a terrible idea, but I think it would offend some amount of people anywhere, and just about 100% of cops.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gonna wear it to peshawar

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lmao they did a west elm caleb ep

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Androies posted:

Wasn't Nick really good about packing stuff? I remember he would go on Instagram Live and it would literally just be him folding boxes and packing orders in silence unless somebody called him.

Yeah, when he did it himself the service was great, the company he later outsourced it too was the ones that sucked.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Thanks for your work, BeeP, that’s a fat skiparooski for me.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

v good episode this latest one, everyone should listen to it, it is not about caleb

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cached Money posted:

v good episode this latest one, everyone should listen to it, it is not about caleb

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

lmao they did a west elm caleb ep

Wait who's the op?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I assume it's about deranged white women that moved to Brooklyn in 2017

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Yea it’s a good episode. Very good Liz rant.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
10/10 pod about West Elm Caleb

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
it was a good ep, much like the last one about social media.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Liz reveal yourself coward

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Liz reveal yourself coward

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Danger posted:

Yea it’s a good episode. Very good Liz rant.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Very bad episode. Meandering pap.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
keep the dream alive really good so far. john darnielle is the best. only thing i think is weird is that yc's musical interludes don't really fit the vibe very well

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

It’s good. Also now that he’s talking a bit more, I noticed that Yung Chomsky’s voice could be a dead ringer for David Cross lol

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Great 2 parter with Mark Ames. Is there a War Nerd thread in RGD?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

There's a thread. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805897

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/timjdillon/status/1495047508103503891?s=21

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

wonder if they'll do an ep about this

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:eyepop:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Those were the days. Just having fun with the boys :sigh:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the limited hangout has finally all been hung out

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One thing I never understood about the cameras being down is… what about the other hundreds of cameras in the prison? You don’t have cameras in every fuckin hallway? Every corridor? Every room? Even if the camera in his cell is off, what about the cameras in the hallway and adjoining cells and the security hallways etc? Like even as much as it’s an obvious lie and a threadbare response to keep people away… it literally disintegrates under the lightest scrutiny!

It’s just that anyone who asks “well what about the other cameras” will probably end up dead stuffed into the trunk of their own car, ruled suicide

Edit: I don’t think Maxwell will die because she of the 3 of them probably has the actual know-how to produce a dead man’s switch (her dad was intelligence). If she dies it might ACTUALLY implicate some people, so I expect she’ll rot in prison forever, unless she ever gets released into Gen pop. If that ever happens she is as good as dead, a child molester in a women’s prison is absolutely toast, my brother told me they usually last 10 months tops before they get found.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 19, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

One thing I never understood about the cameras being down is… what about the other hundreds of cameras in the prison? You don’t have cameras in every fuckin hallway? Every corridor? Every room? Even if the camera in his cell is off, what about the cameras in the hallway and adjoining cells and the security hallways etc? Like even as much as it’s an obvious lie and a threadbare response to keep people away… it literally disintegrates under the lightest scrutiny!

It’s just that anyone who asks “well what about the other cameras” will probably end up dead stuffed into the trunk of their own car, ruled suicide

usually how it goes if you run up too hard against the prevailing narrative of a deep political event. they've learned over the decades how to construct the lies so that people understand them as a warning.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

off-topic but the episode about the kidnapping of josh boyle & caitlin coleman was really good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
glad tim could take some time off from posting anti-vax screaming

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

emo-ignorance posted:

off-topic but the episode about the kidnapping of josh boyle & caitlin coleman was really good

I feel like this thread will be split along the "They gently caress Doggies Don't They?" line on whether they liked the episode - meaning I liked the episode.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Androies posted:

I feel like this thread will be split along the "They gently caress Doggies Don't They?" line on whether they liked the episode - meaning I liked the episode.

wait, are you saying you gently caress doggies? or you dont gently caress doggies?

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
they are the doggie

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Doggone good posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
my close friend Liz promised me that Russia wouldn't invade Ukraine wtf is happening