Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Namtab posted:

The problem wasn’t necessarily people being horny because I didn’t see a lot of that, it’s the fact that people are just really loving obsessive about the tubers and just hunt for drama. In a thread that should be like funny clips or links to streams that aren’t fetish tier lists, we got epic speculation about rushia’s mental health instead.

I. M. Gei posted:

Is Baal one of those people who deals with anger at others through self-harm or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

alexa, kill this clown

https://twitter.com/ImSmilingRn/status/1494796303359885312?s=20&t=nIXktXNWqJdSk-rx7xrmaA

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So uh, Attack on Titan, thoughts? I think it's pretty cool.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

littleorv posted:

Let me know how you feel in 3 episodes or however many it has left.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

littleorv posted:

it stinks

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm just saying I don't get the motivation, drat. If I'm stepping on toes then I'm sorry and I'll shut up.

the one lesson you should've taken from the vtuber thread is that showing concern for another person online will get you made fun of here

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

check this dope poo poo out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3Dx1fkhWQ

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

littleorv posted:

attack on good taste more like

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Takoluka posted:

the one lesson you should've taken from the vtuber thread is that showing concern for another person online will get you made fun of here
No, I don't think that's the lesson to be learned from the vtuber thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Attack on titan is based.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

how do I respec? Asking for a friend.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

for sale: Gei's shovel, heavily used

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

homeless snail posted:

"mouse's sleep schedule seems absolutely hosed"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Takoluka posted:

Saying "I wonder if the mod self-harms" is not showing consideration for them imo. It's weird speculation about a forum users and its super strange you think that the post was like just being nice or whatever.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Beyond the Time is a banger :hmmyes:

Repaired Radio
Nov 13, 2017

Takoluka posted:

how are you so stupid?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Saying "I wonder if the mod self-harms" is not showing consideration for them imo. It's weird speculation about a forum users and its super strange you think that the post was like just being nice or whatever.

It’s creepy, is what it is.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

So one of the projects for this sub that's been a long time coming is refreshing some of the ancient threads.

The recommendation thread dates back to 2015 and I think it is time for a refresh.

I will also get started on the spring 2022 anime thread.

I have no intention of changing anything here but I do think a few megathreads need some love.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Takoluka posted:

-_-

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

based on what

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Stairmaster posted:

based on what

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

based on what

A justified casus belli

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Let's leave this thread for feedback and use the chat thread for discussing the Rumbling

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

it was bad verbiage to be sure, but captain baal very clearly and openly did not react well to the situation and you can easily interpret their posts as beating themselves up over it a bit. i think it is okay to express that you hope that they won't hurt themselves, albeit in a better or different tone. personally, i think that's better than saying "lol the pedophile moderator coward had a meltdown"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd like to know a little bit about what's going on behind closed doors--were the shittiest posters on the vtuber thread getting reported?

I don't care if the thread is gone and never reappears, that's really not my issue. I'm more wondering if the report system was even doing its job in this particular case. Cause it feels like you might as well remove the function entirely if problems are better solved by threadshitting and QCS threads in the aftermath.

It was a stupid problem for this subforum to have, and it was handled poorly by just about everyone.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When I said "meltdown" I didn't mean it quite that way. I was, as I said, speaking from experience for the emotions when you have a stressful time modding and gently caress it up in a public way, with a bunch of people telling you how badly you hosed up. Just wanting nothing to do with the forums for a while is, I think, a perfectly normal response, and clicking the permaban button on yourself in such a highly emotional state shouldn't really be taken to have any deep meaning. And it's good that the admins don't grant those requests.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cheetah7071 posted:

When I said "meltdown" I didn't mean it quite that way. I was, as I said, speaking from experience for the emotions when you have a stressful time modding and gently caress it up in a public way, with a bunch of people telling you how badly you hosed up. Just wanting nothing to do with the forums for a while is, I think, a perfectly normal response, and clicking the permaban button on yourself in such a highly emotional state shouldn't really be taken to have any deep meaning. And it's good that the admins don't grant those requests.

Thank you. I appreciate that kind of insight. It gives some context from someone who's been there, and I can totally understand Captain Baal just wanting to take a break.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Takoluka posted:

it was bad verbiage to be sure, but captain baal very clearly and openly did not react well to the situation and you can easily interpret their posts as beating themselves up over it a bit. i think it is okay to express that you hope that they won't hurt themselves, albeit in a better or different tone. personally, i think that's better than saying "lol the pedophile moderator coward had a meltdown"

captain baal is mad at posts on an internet forum and doesn't want to be a mod anymore

that's it

he handed out a couple grudge probes and demanded the admins permaban him. we have no reason to think he's physically gonna self-harm, and bringing up the possibility is so absolutely out of nowhere that it feels weird

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fluffdaddy posted:

So one of the projects for this sub that's been a long time coming is refreshing some of the ancient threads.

The recommendation thread dates back to 2015 and I think it is time for a refresh.

I have no intention of changing anything here but I do think a few megathreads need some love.

I'm still making the seasonal threads, you don't have to worry about those. Spring thread will get posted in 3-4 weeks. But yeah updating the recommendations thread would be good. Thanks for stepping in to help for a bit Fluffdaddy.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I'd like to know a little bit about what's going on behind closed doors--were the shittiest posters on the vtuber thread getting reported?

I don't care if the thread is gone and never reappears, that's really not my issue. I'm more wondering if the report system was even doing its job in this particular case. Cause it feels like you might as well remove the function entirely if problems are better solved by threadshitting and QCS threads in the aftermath.

It was a stupid problem for this subforum to have, and it was handled poorly by just about everyone.

There were some reports from that thread but like most insular threads, people will go out of their way to protect each other, even if someone is being a complete weirdo.

It's just like when mods are accused of circling the wagons on a moderators decision, the same thing happens in threads. People tend to go "yea that was creepy, but I know MY posting pals would never actually be a weirdo".

As an admin team, most of us feel like if a thread needs more attention than the rest of the subforum, then it's probably not worth keeping around.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I'd rather you leave that to people who post in ADTRW, thanks

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Julias posted:

I'm still making the seasonal threads, you don't have to worry about those. Spring thread will get posted in 3-4 weeks. But yeah updating the recommendations thread would be good. Thanks for stepping in to help for a bit Fluffdaddy.

Awesome. Yea I think for the most part just updating great threads into this decade is the only thing I want to accomplish in my hopefully short stint here.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vizuyos posted:

captain baal is mad at posts on an internet forum and doesn't want to be a mod anymore

that's it

he handed out a couple grudge probes and demanded the admins permaban him. we have no reason to think he's physically gonna self-harm, and bringing up the possibility is so absolutely out of nowhere that it feels weird

not all self-harm is physical, though the OP could've meant that when they made the post. i can agree that it does come off really weird with how it was stated

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd rather you leave that to people who post in ADTRW, thanks

Thanks for your feedback I will keep it under advisement.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Fluffdaddy posted:

There were some reports from that thread but like most insular threads, people will go out of their way to protect each other, even if someone is being a complete weirdo.

It's just like when mods are accused of circling the wagons on a moderators decision, the same thing happens in threads. People tend to go "yea that was creepy, but I know MY posting pals would never actually be a weirdo".

As an admin team, most of us feel like if a thread needs more attention than the rest of the subforum, then it's probably not worth keeping around.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think cleaning house might have fixed the problem. I don't think I saw anyone in that thread get more than like a day's probe aside from Bloom, which doesn't really fix the problem either for the people making creepy horny posts or the deliberate thread-making GBS threads. Nobody is going to give a poo poo about a day's probe, and just laugh it off. Although, I can understand not wanting to babysit the thread while all the creepy posters are purged.

Threads can be redeemed. The visual novel thread used to be absolutely terrible and full of incredibly creepy posters. I don't really care if the vtuber thread isn't brought back though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

Come on you can't seriously claim it was the Vtuber thread that was circling the wagons in this scenario.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

do not worry baal will continue watching wrestling and playing lost judgment

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

all anime posters including me are terrible

therefore, i should become the new moderator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014