Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
4 years ago today, lol

https://youtu.be/9UEZ4h-JdsM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."

I got stuck in my building's elevator once for 20 minutes or so and because of this video my first thought was "god i hope no one peed on the buttons".

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/EnesFreedom/status/1494763137362444292

:ohdear:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm going to wait for his book, China: Israel of the East, to come out. :nallears:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The CCP Politburo meets in an emergency session at Zhongnanhai

Li Keqiang: President Xi, the assets are ready.

Xi: Good. We know we can't take America in a straight up war, but we can take them from the inside. Soon they will be but an arm of China!

Li Zhanshu bursts in: SIR! WE HAVE A SITUATION!

Xi: what is it?

Zhanshu: it's... It's the Americans! They have Enes Kanter Freedom! He's a citizen of their country now!

Xi pounds on the desk furiously: FOOLS! All our plans... Ruined. All Erdogan needed to do was arrest him and we had America by the throat! And now? We have nothing. NOTHING!!!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Communism takin' the US one SA poster at a time :ohdear:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Communism takin' the US one SA poster at a time :ohdear:

Even if he could, Xi would sooner stick his dick into a hive of murder hornets than rule the US anyway. C-SPAM are all Vichy for a regime the Chinese government themselves would never want.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 20, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I feel Vichy whenever I read CSPAM too.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

McGavin posted:

I feel Vichy whenever I read CSPAM too.

They have a cream for that

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

lol, this guy has become totally unhinged

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Woolie Wool posted:

Even if he could, Xi would sooner stick his dick into a hive of murder hornets than rule the US anyway. C-SPAM are all Vichy for a regime the Chinese government themselves would never want.

I'm imagining someone going into a meeting of the CCP top leadership and informing them that the US just surrendered to them and it is now a part of China for them to try and organize and pacify and maintain control.

Just a whole straight day of screaming, arguing, yelling and crying.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Tomn posted:

I'm imagining someone going into a meeting of the CCP top leadership and informing them that the US just surrendered to them and it is now a part of China for them to try and organize and pacify and maintain control.

It would be the fastest way to destabilize mainland China. I’m the alternate history where the US and China are a single entity, it’s ruled by Washington DC.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Tomn posted:

A common reaction landlords have when confronted with the prospect of working for a living.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Betty Wight posted:

It would be the fastest way to destabilize mainland China. I’m the alternate history where the US and China are a single entity, it’s ruled by Washington DC.

The Pooh in the High Tower

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Tupperwarez posted:

A common reaction landlords have when confronted with the prospect of working for a living.

:gowron:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Isn’t there a movie about this?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

The Manchurian Candidate?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

Wolf Warrior?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MarcusSA posted:

With Six You Get Eggroll?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Elon Musk: does nothing aside from being incredibly rich *media jacks itself raw to cover the greatest humanitarian ever*

China: loans some money to nations devastated by colonialism *what could the dastardly commies be up to this time*

Presented without comment.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

WarpedNaba posted:

:stare:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

WarpedNaba posted:

:rubby:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

WarpedNaba posted:

The only surprise is that it came from the Kiwi thread.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I mean, I'd stick to the GBS Kiwi thread

If there was one.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A thread about fruits and flightless birds?

What an absurd idea.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
this is the defacto kiwi thread because nz is a colony of china!!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
comrade naba take your daily spoonful of nin jiom pei pa koa and a shot of mou tai

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Booty Pageant posted:

nin jiom pei pa koa

Oh lord, I remember that from childhood illnesses. Does it actually have any real medicinal effect beyond being a sweet placebo?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Tomn posted:

Oh lord, I remember that from childhood illnesses. Does it actually have any real medicinal effect beyond being a sweet placebo?

it's also just a good hot drink!! it does make me feel better when i'm sick but i cannot comment on the medical efficacy as i am not a pharmacologist

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Booty Pageant posted:

comrade naba take your daily spoonful of nin jiom pei pa koa and a shot of mou tai

I'll stick to baozi if it's all the same to you.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

quote:

China: loans some money to nations devastated by colonialism *what could the dastardly commies be up to this time*

*raises hand, lowers it, hesitates raises it again*

Is it... is it... colonialism?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No, it's only colonialism when done by the US, which is what makes it bad.

China is not the US, therefore it cannot be doing a colonialism, therefore China good.

Simple.

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Tomn posted:

It has mint menthol in it, which basically means it's like cough drops. Ironically, this makes it more efficacious than 99% of Chinese medicine.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

WarpedNaba posted:

I'll stick to baozi if it's all the same to you.
Now this here is a whole man.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
now what's the deal with chasiu??? how come they put it on japanese menus but chinese menus are still stuck with bbq pork

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

No, it's only colonialism when done by the US, which is what makes it bad.

China is not the US, therefore it cannot be doing a colonialism, therefore China good.

Simple.

China has never done a colonialism because China does not lend to other countries with absurd loan terms and when the countries can't pay they force the debtor countries to sell parts of their country to China wait poo poo I've lost the plot

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

China has never done a colonialism because China does not lend to other countries with absurd loan terms and when the countries can't pay they force the debtor countries to sell parts of their country to China wait poo poo I've lost the plot

I mean, the conditions that China is offering are typically better not only than what was historically offered by colonial powers, but also better than what is offered by those powers and their descendants currently.

But, in the end, it's still the business of resource extraction in order to develop a distant country, and comes with the imposition of foreign practices, laws, and hierarchies of officials and managers, so... yeah.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
er, a sizable chunk of Indonesia disagrees with you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Indonesians

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah the real trouble with the East India Company was the downright unreasonable interest rates

The ping pong table in the lobby of brutal empire building

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I saw a new chyron today that China was sanctioning Raytheon and Lockheed for selling to Taiwan. If there's a court that will hear complaints I want the latter to send lawyers that do nothing but twist One China inside-out for laughs.