Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jackson Mahomes has been an ongoing storyline for over a year now. I can't quite rap my head around the idea that someone being obnoxious on TikTok could be news.

Why can’t you see it? Twitter and Facebook can be breaking news; this is just the natural evolution of a social media driven world.

I’m very much a “kids these days” grandpa about social media but it is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kalli posted:

No Roethlisberger, no care
https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/status/1494690916245901322
This has been Pittsburgh Sports Radio lately and I'm like "Goddamn it no!" Just get someone who hasn't done sex crimes who is also good!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kalli posted:

No Roethlisberger, no care

I need them to be bad for like, at least five years first.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MJeff posted:

I need them to be bad for like, at least five years first.

I mean it's been 5 years since they've won a Playoff game. Ben's dropoff has been real slow and steady. Hell, they've given up 42, 48 and 45 points the last three times they were even in the playoffs, so the D has been bad bad bad by then as well.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FizFashizzle posted:

supplemental pick when he's poached next season.

Niners and Steelers taking big advantage of the market inefficiency created by not hiring smart black guys because of racism. They can just have coaching staffs stacked with experienced guys too good for their jobs and then get picks when they finally get a shot.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a Steelers fan who grew up in an FSU household and gently caress no. Just no, he sucks and he's terrible. Motherfucker stole crab legs in probably the only Publix in Tallahassee you can't easily shoplift from.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Winston was a miserable watch last year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

Winston was a miserable watch last year.

I mean, yeah this is true. But did you watch the other guys they started?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, yeah this is true. But did you watch the other guys they started?

Regrettably.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
He went 5-2 before the injury last year when Sean was clearly holding him back. I’d rather have him back than any of the other three QBs on the Saints roster now.

I’d also like them to draft a QB in this draft but who knows what DA will do in his first draft as the Saints coach.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I finally realized after 3 years, mahomes talks like Danny McBride that’s it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

He went 5-2 before the injury last year when Sean was clearly holding him back. I’d rather have him back than any of the other three QBs on the Saints roster now.

He was holding him back because when you don’t hold him back he throws 30 interceptions and does rapes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lasik jameis > your fave

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Blake Bortles is going to take this league by storm, again.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grip it and rip it posted:

Blake Bortles is going to take this league by storm, again.
You think Hackett brings him in, or he goes somewhere else?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We all know how reliable local talk radio guy rumors are but hell someone has to post something today

https://twitter.com/DanSileoShow/status/1495160324315500545

Lol apparently he's not even a radio host anymore he has a youtube show

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The WFT trading for a serial rapist QB is entirely on brand

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You think Hackett brings him in, or he goes somewhere else?

The Saints signed Bortles to a reserve/future contract in January.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sharknado slashfic posted:

We all know how reliable local talk radio guy rumors are but hell someone has to post something today

Sad part is that that offer will be easily outbid.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

I don't know if they could get someone like Derek Carr for that

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
not sure if yinz knew this but chase young is pretty loving good and watson is pretty high risk for return to form/not being in jail.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Would the Commanders (gently caress I gotta get used to calling them that dumbass name I guess?) even be enticing enough for Watson to waive his no trade clause? Like it’s somehow only barely an upgrade in ownership over the Texans poo poo show. And the team is losing one of its best young players in the course of the deal. Seems like he would be aiming higher.

Although ideally Watson and Snyder both just go to jail and we never have to talk about either anymore.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chucktesla posted:

I don't know if they could get someone like Derek Carr for that
lol wut, a 3rd overall pick wrecking ball of a DE with 3 more years on his rookie contract plus all that other capital? WFT has like six 1st round picks on that defense that they wont be able to afford forever so I can see why they'd be willing to trade one of them away.

Docjowles posted:

Although ideally Watson and Snyder both just go to jail and we never have to talk about either anymore.
Amen.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

The WFT trading for a serial rapist QB is entirely on brand
God drat, it really is. Watson and Snyder spiderman meme.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m sad that every terrible NFL scandal for a decade now has been some depressing crime and not something like the Vikings Sex Boat.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

lol wut, a 3rd overall pick wrecking ball of a DE with 3 more years on his rookie contract plus all that other capital? WFT has like six 1st round picks on that defense that they wont be able to afford forever so I can see why they'd be willing to trade one of them away.

The best DE in the league is worth far less than the 10th best QB.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The best DE in the league is worth far less than the 10th best QB.

Yeah but that's what the 3 picks are for.

I don't know if LV would do it, but I feel like that's a very nice haul if they wanted to trade Carr.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Woozie66 posted:

I don't know if LV would do it, but I feel like that's a very nice haul if they wanted to trade Carr.

If that was all it took to get a good QB these sorts of trades would happen all the time. There’s like a dozen teams that would happily make a similar offer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

McDaniels can probably get Jimmy G cheap so I bet he’d do it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m sad that every terrible NFL scandal for a decade now has been some depressing crime and not something like the Vikings Sex Boat.

Something that great as Fred Smoot telling us about the okra patch comes about every few decades.

Also it was 2005 :corsair:

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Anyways if Watson wasn't a rapist he'd be worth both those Washington edge rushers and every first Washington has but alas

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chucktesla posted:

Anyways if Watson wasn't a rapist he'd be worth both those Washington edge rushers and every first Washington has but alas

He is though and might be suspended for half a year or more once that all gets figured out or he goes to a team that tries to put him on the field. This is the only way that rumor makes sort of sense. (it's obviously bullshit of course)

Deshaun also has a no trade clause and hasn't even pretended he'd consider Washington unless I missed something.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Before the allegations came out pundits were theorizing that Watson would be worth 3 firsts and more at a minimum. And I doubt they were wrong.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Before the allegations came out pundits were theorizing that Watson would be worth 3 firsts and more at a minimum. And I doubt they were wrong.

The market kind of got blown out by the Stafford trade and I guess by the 9ers moving up for Lance. It was pretty well established that the Panthers believed they had a deal for Stafford for their 8th overall and a third. The obvious caveat was that he's in his 30s and probably had (has?) 2 -5 years of viability left. The Rams knew they had to go high with Detroit and given their first rounder was and figured to be late in the first - they added in the extra first to force the trade.

Watson requested his trade in January - before the Stafford trade and before the allegations of assault came out. At the time the expectation / scuttlebutt was 2 firsts and an established player would have been enough to get it done and that the 3 firsts the Texans apparently wanted was just a gently caress you to any team potentially interested / their attempt to set the market high to force Watson to come home. While I think a first, second, third and what's functionally a 2nd first rounder in Chase would be cheap for a player of Watson's calibre I don't think with the allegations its too far off the money. I still think that 2 firsts and change is probably enough to get it done, I just don't know how highly rated Chase is in the NFL zeitgeist. I know if I was him I wouldn't want to suit up for the commanders again if they're trying to send me to the loving Texans though - jesus.

I also find it interesting (if this offer is true) simply for the fact that its an NFL team with the stink of treating women extremely badly readily looking to trade for another terrible person and mortgage a huge chunk of their future to do it.

The no-trade clause is still the sticking point because Watson only wants to go to a contender and while the WFT is probably a playoff team with him under centre and they have some pieces they don't exactly jump off the page as having a stacked roster or dynamic coaching staff.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I wish nothing except a decade of spectacular failure on any team who trades for him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was curious so I went and looked to see what Denver's offer for Stafford was cause I thought it was Lock, a 1st and a third.

Apparently it was just 9th overall, no Lock and they wanted a 2nd rounder back too? :lol:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

If you’re giving up a couple of firsts plus a good player, you better be drat close to making the super bowl with an upgrade at QB. You really only have 2-3 years to get there before the lack of picks start catching up to you.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

If you’re giving up a couple of firsts plus a good player, you better be drat close to making the super bowl with an upgrade at QB. You really only have 2-3 years to get there before the lack of picks start catching up to you.

False.

A team doesn't have a realistic chance to go to the super bowl without a good QB. The only exceptions have been Goff and Tom Brady. In both cases they had great coaching and often powerful supporting casts.

A good team can work around not have firsts for a few years.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

False.

A team doesn't have a realistic chance to go to the super bowl without a good QB. The only exceptions have been Goff and Tom Brady. In both cases they had great coaching and often powerful supporting casts.

that’s an odd way to spell joe flacco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

False.

jimmy garroppolo