Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Average Bear posted:

Has anyone played EU4 since Leviathan?
Anbennar mod owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Anbennar mod owns.

allclan goblins are incredibly ftw. also elf hitler aelnar

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

How is this not fixed? Have they been on vacation since it released?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kill groogy and wiz wth chainsaws

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

kill groogy and wiz wth chainsaws

Unfortunately, this must be done

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Just had this thought while pooping: What if Ubik had The Wiz's career? EU4 would be so drat epic!!!

Post from 2014... Anyone got a time machine so we can make this happen?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Has anyone played EU4 since Leviathan?

I haven’t played since res publica tbh. I heard art of war was good but I just kind of lost the itch to play because the expansions and patches were crap until then. Still own most of the dlc though. Just in case.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The crappy broken patches turned me off ck3 too. I understand that some bugs just are hard to find but that first flavour pack had a bug that made most raiding armies non hostile in a dlc about raiding. Like they didn’t even play one game in the office.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Like they didn’t even play one game in the office.
Yep, that's the state of Paradox right now.

e: It became evident with the Emperor release when every nation would instantly get a revolt because they'd seize land from estates and the estates were starting at 45 loyalty before they patched it to be 50.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 18, 2021

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

frankenfreak posted:

me, ever since the Emperor release:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
It's pretty weird hearing the stories that come out of the office like "We need to make sure Victoria 3 uses the same codebase as Victoria 2" "uhhh that's insane" and thinking to yourself "no one has tried competing with these guys yet???"

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Hello thread is Humankind good. I'm starting to get the 4x itch for the first time in a while but as you all know civ 6 is cringe so im looking to branch out

e: oh i didnt actually realize it came out literally today but yknow

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

It's pretty weird hearing the stories that come out of the office like "We need to make sure Victoria 3 uses the same codebase as Victoria 2" "uhhh that's insane" and thinking to yourself "no one has tried competing with these guys yet???"

the indie mapgames like realpolitik are even worse

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Monicro posted:

Hello thread is Humankind good. I'm starting to get the 4x itch for the first time in a while but as you all know civ 6 is cringe so im looking to branch out

Bye.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Plutonis posted:

allclan goblins are incredibly ftw.
playing my first game where I formed them. just got the "goblinz with artifice" event. lmao

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Monicro posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's forbidden to call Civ a map game here. However, I will always push Fall From Heaven 2 for Civ 4 as the best fantasy strategy game out there.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I will always push Fall From Heaven 2 for Civ 4 as the best fantasy strategy game out there.

QFT

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

frankenfreak posted:

Anbennar mod owns.

yeah it's really reignited my love of eu4 after being unable to buy dlc for years and the game getting progressively worse.

my favorite guys i've played so far are the winelords (mission tree to just conquer lots of grape provinces)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm about 100 years since into a 3p game as the Griffin Lords of Marrhold. They have screaming griffins that divebomb artillery

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I recommend Anbennar for EU4, a fantasy mod that BTFOs vanilla like kaiserreich does for Hoi4.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve been playing insane amounts of ck3 again. I basically stopped because Northern Lords was so goddamn buggy on release (can’t attack raiders who are vassals rofl)

I think the best thing about the huge delay between dlc releases has been that the game is actually patched and stable for longer. I already have the ex pass so I’ll get royal court on release but after that I’m gonna wait every time.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

has anyone played through a multiplayer grand campaign and avoided the pitfalls of veryone having 10k planes at the start of hoi4 and having the majority of the game take place in northern idaho where we managed to push one province after 2 mil dead soldiers thanks in advance.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Hazamuth posted:

has anyone played through a multiplayer grand campaign and avoided the pitfalls of veryone having 10k planes at the start of hoi4 and having the majority of the game take place in northern idaho where we managed to push one province after 2 mil dead soldiers thanks in advance.

have you checked out communism? simply look for the subforum named "C-SPAM" on this very website to learn all about it. ganbare comrade.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b_d posted:

have you checked out communism? simply look for the subforum named "C-SPAM" on this very website to learn all about it. ganbare comrade.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

hmm I knew I shouldn't have had taken so many left turns before albuquerque, thanks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

been playing EU4 again after not touching it for 6 years and I don't have like 80% of the expansions. Formed Siam and been trying to reach Australia before the British do to maybe save the poor island from that terrible fate,

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
How is EU4 right now? I played a bunch in 2015 but I haven't touched it since

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

It’s alright, some of the latest changes to things like Native American tribes are actually really good, but at this point it’s really straining under the weight of years of DLC that add pointless features to justify a price tag.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It was the best game in the world after art of War and then they ruined it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

what was cool in art of war and then how did it get bad

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

what was cool in art of war and then how did it get bad

That was when they added a ton of map provinces outside of Europe and qol stuff like the army builder, but before they added nonsense like sailors

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

How is EU4 right now? I played a bunch in 2015 but I haven't touched it since

Modding is pretty great, not so much for the game itself. Third Odyssey is getting updated soon which I am excited to even though they still haven't made any new exile nations other than Spartania, Elysia and Vinland.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im getting hype for vicky3.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

is Rome still fully wack? thats one of my favorite time periods and it sucks the game was so bad at launch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

is Rome still fully wack? thats one of my favorite time periods and it sucks the game was so bad at launch

They gave up on it after the first round of patches

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

They had a big 2.0 update about a year ago but I haven't tried it. Recent steam reviews are "mostly positive" while lifetime are "mixed," maybe I'll check it out soon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hate to be That Guy, but the Paradox DLC model blows chunks. It is literally impossible to play a dLC on release without there being some huge, often game breaking bug that fucks with your poo poo waaay too much. There is maybe a short window 2 months after a dLC where you can play it relatively bug free before a new DLC comes out and fucks the rear end of the game all over again. even if you remember that the broken DLC that came out a few months ago might be patched, you can never ever get on the hype train with your map gamining bros ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hey, you're finally awake.

That fall looked really bad. Tired of playtesting Paradox's poo poo? $30 expansions that suck rear end? Let's go post in the stickied Map Gaming Thread. There was a new EUIV dev diary and Ragg sniped the page with a Mind if I Roll Weed video.