Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

we've been sold a bill of goods. the american dream of 2 cars in every garage, and 2 apes in every wallet, is increasingly unattainable for the average person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

@joerogan been hacked, pls help

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

duz posted:

in this currency of the future, one of these is legit and the other is a scam to steal all your apes

they are both scams

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Is this a fake screen shot? It seems fake but

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

shyduck posted:

Hi I'm the crypto wallet inspector

Hey! That not the crypto wallet inspector.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ikanreed posted:

Is this a fake screen shot? It seems fake but

look in your heart and you will find the answer

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Users who receive legitimate apes will rarely get scammed

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Has anyone seen my ape?

Him name Hopkin bored ape.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Users who receive legitimate apes will rarely get scammed

The metaverse has ways of shutting that whole thing down

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I'm beginning to fear the collapse of crypto because of the possibility that something even dumber will replace it.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

[cryptocurrency] I wanna fund a jpeg animal

edit: that song is stuck in my head now

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

I'm beginning to fear the collapse of crypto because of the possibility that something even dumber will replace it.

The great thing is: All we have to do is capitalize on it and then become the top of the pyramid first!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao I got in trouble with my wife yesterday because my sister in law tried to push her "web 3.0 podcast" on us at lunch and I might have implied that SIL was stupid for trying to sell us on it when she couldn't even explain what blockchain is

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Probably fake but lol nonetheless

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Paradoxish posted:

that's impossible, it literally can't be dumber than this, is what i repeat over and over in a vain attempt to convince myself

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

that's impossible, it literally can't be dumber than this, is what i repeat over and over in a vain attempt to convince myself

Use the Matt Christmann method of divining the future. The universe always selects the dumbest possible outcome.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

duz posted:

in this currency of the future, one of these is legit and the other is a scam to steal all your apes

drat that's a lotta salt

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rynn posted:

Probably? You sure?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rynn posted:

lol if it was like 321Greetings or some poo poo that did them in

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1495864428860178436?t=Ho7rA2OhT9SubBAq6GBUOA&s=19
https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1495867068469686280?t=322bfxB-Uavb5Nwvt8ZidA&s=19

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

lol the be your own bank crypto geniuses clicked a phishing email and signed a virtual contract to hand over millions of dollars worth* of ape jpegs

The fantasy is that with smart contacts you'll be the libertarian captain of industry outsmarting all the rest and getting the best of every deal and no one can refuse to hold up their end of the bargain because the code is law.

The reality is you log in to your banking app and 5 dozen pop-ups appear and if you click the wrong one your savings account, rare art collections, and the deed to your house vanish

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
if you can't check that something is real by verifying a couple SHA-512 in your head on the fly then you're being lazy and it's your own fault when you lose all your apes

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

The fantasy is that with smart contacts you'll be the libertarian captain of industry outsmarting all the rest and getting the best of every deal and no one can refuse to hold up their end of the bargain because the code is law.

The reality is you log in to your banking app and 5 dozen pop-ups appear and if you click the wrong one your savings account, rare art collections, and the deed to your house vanish

Also sometimes the entire account simply vanishes on its own

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/dubz0922/status/1495819992352309255?t=Mi9spcD3JBN8YVVULThMgg&s=19

hell yeah lfg

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

text editor posted:

[cryptocurrency] I wanna fund a jpeg animal

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Judge: "So what is it that you maintain was stolen?"
Plaintiff: "My NFT."
Judge: "And what is an NFT?"
Plaintiff: "It's an electronic token that shows I own a url of a picture on the Internet."
Judge: "... A picture of what?"
Plaintiff: "A bored ape."
Judge: "..."

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Finally, with NFTs I can demonstrate ownership without the pesky Government getting involved.

Wait, what do you mean you own it now? Return my property immediately or I'll involve the Government!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Presto posted:

Plaintiff: "It's an electronic token that shows I own a url of a picture on the Internet."

Plaintiff: "And it's really rare and Justin Bieber just bought a much less rare one for a million dollars, so mine is worth at least several million!"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dustcat posted:

Plaintiff: "And it's really rare and Justin Bieber just bought a much less rare one for a million dollars, so mine is worth at least several million!"

I'm imagining the judge from My Cousin Vinny staring on in stupefied horror

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

judge: so how do you prove the ape is yours?
plaintiff: i can prove the ape is mine because i have the private key
judge: so how was the defendant able to steal your ape?
plaintiff: he has the private key!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

aren't these things supposed to be like even less regulated bearer's bonds

maybe they should petition elon or something

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

"Did the bored ape look like this, son?" *judge points to his own face*

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ash1138 posted:

"Did the bored ape look like this, son?" *judge points to his own face*

"no sir, it was even more slack-jawed and tasteless"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Presto posted:

Judge: I don't understand any of this but I am prepared to issue a ruling that will have far reaching effects even beyond crypto and shape the internet for decades to come.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Judge: I don't understand any of this but I am prepared to issue a ruling that will have far reaching effects even beyond crypto and shape the internet for decades to come.

Just got to log into my computer to write it down, and grab my glasses to read my post it note with my password so I can do so

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Coinbase's CMO tried "clarifying", but only made the company look more incompetent and disorganized. COIN down almost 7% today
https://twitter.com/extantsextant/status/1495942360869576704

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/farokh/status/1496583370058391564

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"This one and 5 more" not a scam nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Azathoth posted:

fingers crossed some moron judge rules that the exchanges have responsibility to protect and refund deposits in the case of a hack. operating exchanges will become a liability overnight.