Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mbt posted:

megami tensei 2 is so much better than 1. the kyuuyaku remake of 2 is even better.

how do you revive ppl outside of devil busters. i found the clinic in the first bunker but it wont let me revive ppl (also i dont know what theyre saying since its gbberish text, this tl romhack is abysmal)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

edit: i figured it out. drat this game has a overworld, i wasnt expecting that. this kicks rear end.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

edit: i figured it out. drat this game has a overworld, i wasnt expecting that. this kicks rear end.
Yea mt2 they finally ditched the book plot and figured out they can do it better. Smt1 is really similar to mt2, if you're liking it you're gonna love smt1.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

after hours of agony I finally defeated the Demi Fiend on hard. What a fight!!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
smt v is excellent except for the parts where it reminds me I'm very bad at platforming and platforming-adjacent things

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://soul-hackers.jp/

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

Sick

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's gonna be a switch port but w/e I'd play it again

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Soul Hackers 2 in August

https://youtu.be/emsm8wfo_MQ

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

:worship:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh hell yeah

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

gently caress yes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that's cool but the whole vibe is way off

soul hackers has a very 90s cyberpunk style and I'm seeing none of it here

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

compare (click literally anywhere):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPnBsVhc5S8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

seems a little goofy but it's awesome that we're already getting spinoffs using the new demon models. Keep pumping them out please

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

seems a little goofy but it's awesome that we're already getting spinoffs using the new demon models. Keep pumping them out please

yeah, that's mostly what I'm happy about

but this game looks like a fan project made by people who have only played P5 lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Tensei

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah, that's mostly what I'm happy about

but this game looks like a fan project made by people who have only played P5 lol

its made by the people who did tokyo mirage sessions lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mbt posted:

its made by the people who did tokyo mirage sessions lol

I was thinking that the art style/character designs reminded me a lot of that lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Was Tokyo Mirage Sessions any good? I feel like it came and went with very little fanfare.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Was Tokyo Mirage Sessions any good? I feel like it came and went with very little fanfare.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this, except it was cool

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

I'm either going to play soul hackers on 3ds next or this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Soul Hackers owns. Some of the best music and settings in the series

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Wishing I didn't give my 3DS away

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I went to start soul hackers but realized I didn't quite finish devil survivor overclocked and was right at the end, so now grinding to beat metatron on the last day. The active/passive/auto skill loadouts system, skill cracking, and srpg style are really cool, but I miss exploring the overworld and dungeons

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVR_rQDBHyY

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lol

Hearing the smt3 encounter noise raises my blood pressure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

been playing SMT1 after giving up on MT2 and it kicks rear end.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

been playing SMT1 after giving up on MT2 and it kicks rear end.

SMT1 is godlike

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

SMT1 is godlike

Got scared that I was cheating when I fused my dog into Cerberus and then got sad when he got eaten by a computer , but hey, that's life in Tokyo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I royally hosed up my Stats when assigning at the start but I think it'll be fine in the long run. Demons are really hard to recruit, these little scumbags will take 3000 macca then ask for some jewel ive never heard of then take off.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Also I royally hosed up my Stats when assigning at the start but I think it'll be fine in the long run. Demons are really hard to recruit, these little scumbags will take 3000 macca then ask for some jewel ive never heard of then take off.

I think int can help with recruitment but it also feels like it doesn’t really lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NEVER GIVE UP

NEVER SURRENDER

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

NEVER GIVE UP

NEVER SURRENDER

hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i didnt have a before picture because i 100% thought i was done there but my last demon died when his health bar was still green. some absolutely sweaty rpg gaming there lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

NEVER GIVE UP

NEVER SURRENDER

lol holy poo poo congrats. i'm surprised yoshi didn't carry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat Daniel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

lol holy poo poo congrats. i'm surprised yoshi didn't carry

i g ot really unlucky with glacial blast and yoshi got nuked in the first couple rounds, also this one of those fights where the boss continually summons adds so th hassou tobi hits get too spread out