Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Fully expected a Shrimp Heaven Now reference but no dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Inkspot posted:

Fully expected a Shrimp Heaven Now reference but no dice.

man i miss when they actually did listener questions, resulting in funny bits.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/thr/status/1494759941566910465?s=21

Who will play Final Pam?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
there was an ongoing bit on Jordan, Jesse Go! for a while where they had people call in with jingles they had created for Walton Goggins' vanity vodka brand and some of them were surprisingly high-effort.

https://soundcloud.com/jordanjessego/leete-stetson-walton-goggins-vodka

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/james_librarian/status/1422941660275560452?s=21

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

i hope to god someone (clint) rolls another 1 on one of these travel rolls

Sankis fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 21, 2022

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
squidplague

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So I mainly use the Mcelroy website to listen to podcasts. Lately it's been doing a thing where it will play for like 20 seconds, then pause itself. I hit unpause and everything is peachy after that. Not a big deal or anything, but it's very consistent! This happening to anyone else?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It stops after the good part

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The most recent Besties episode puts a lot of things into perspective:

1)Justin is a very odd duck and even the show acknowledges it.

2)These boys are extremely horny for roguelikes.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1495775361090609153?t=FCfGun7RD90yXWdLJ_PlTA

They're doing live mbmbams again. I can't blame them at this point, literally everyone else has given up completely and they're probably really feeling the lack of income at this point.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Mid March is enough time for a new variant to spin up and for them to get yelled at again. Let’s see how it plays out this time.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i wonder what their reasoning is that they don't just make, you know, what would instantly be a top-10 patreon

like not another dnd podcast is not as big as TAZ much less TAZ+MBMBAM, and they have 22,500 subscribers at a minimum $2/mo (and they're also on headgum and ad-supported as well). dungeons and daddies is smaller than naddpod i think and has 21k patrons at a minimum of $5/mo, in addition to ads

i wonder if it's some business decision or a maxfun thing? i recall i think gabrus talking about how earwolf was not cool with outside monetization, but that when he went to headgum they were like "we want to sell ads on your show, that's it, any patreon or whatever is fine with us"

eke out fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 21, 2022

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

eke out posted:

i wonder what their reasoning is that they don't just make, you know, what would instantly be a top-10 patreon

like not another dnd podcast is not as big as TAZ much less TAZ+MBMBAM, and they have 22,500 subscribers at a minimum $2/mo. and they're also on headgum and ad-supported as well

it would utterly gently caress Maximum Fun. I imagine there's some legal poo poo involved as a result, too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
They're skipping Florida and Texas, which I don't blame them for but also shows they're trying to be a bit more selective with their plague traps.

I'm not gonna rake em over the coals on this. Just don't have the energy to do it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I haven't done much following of what's going on in the Hell States but there may be restrictions on what Covid precautions they can require in some states.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

eke out posted:

like not another dnd podcast is not as big as TAZ much less TAZ+MBMBAM, and they have 22,500 subscribers at a minimum $2/mo (and they're also on headgum and ad-supported as well). dungeons and daddies is smaller than naddpod i think and has 21k patrons at a minimum of $5/mo, in addition to ads

i wonder if it's some business decision or a maxfun thing? i recall i think gabrus talking about how earwolf was not cool with outside monetization, but that when he went to headgum they were like "we want to sell ads on your show, that's it, any patreon or whatever is fine with us"

Maximum Fun is their Patreon platform right now, basically. You can't have both without pissing off the former.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sankis posted:

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1495775361090609153?t=FCfGun7RD90yXWdLJ_PlTA

They're doing live mbmbams again. I can't blame them at this point, literally everyone else has given up completely and they're probably really feeling the lack of income at this point.

Good for them. At some point life has to go on, we can't do this poo poo forever

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

more falafel please posted:

I haven't done much following of what's going on in the Hell States but there may be restrictions on what Covid precautions they can require in some states.

Pretty sure it's illegal for businesses in Florida to ask potential patrons about their vaccination status, though I don't know if that applies only to businesses operating in the state or if that also extends to any business that's just passing through. It's probably not worth the headache to find out.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

The most recent Besties episode puts a lot of things into perspective:

1)Justin is a very odd duck and even the show acknowledges it.

2)These boys are extremely horny for roguelikes.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but I think the reason Justin didn't like Outer Wilds is the exact reason that makes the game so great - it never tells you what to do. You get to experience the joy of *discovery*, which is just so rare. Any extra guidance makes that game worse (except for that One Thing)

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Pretty sure it's illegal for businesses in Florida to ask potential patrons about their vaccination status, though I don't know if that applies only to businesses operating in the state or if that also extends to any business that's just passing through. It's probably not worth the headache to find out.

afaik it's not illegal, but I'm not a fancy lawyer person

CEO is hosted in Florida and they're requiring vaccines and mandatory masks in the building, though the host also wrote out that he's all too happy to pay any applicable fines in order to have a safe event

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

AndrewP posted:

the reason Justin didn't like Outer Wilds
I haven't listened to the Besties 10th anniversary episode yet because I think I've got my fill of the lads championing BOTW while Justin talks poo poo about Outer Wilds

I like how in the Resties they rarely talk poo poo about anything

gaming positivity podcast

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
BotW owns! But so does Outer Wilds so Justin should feel bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

justin can just hang out with jeff gerstmann on the outer wilds non-appreciation couch

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the couch... is in HELL

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Honestly I don't think Justin came off that bad about Outer Wilds in this one. The others even concede that the point he makes about it bears some consideration. Edit: it is funny seeing Russ defend a game he's only played the DLC of.

But it was still hilarious hearing both Russ and Chris dunking on him. Didn't expect that.

My only point of contention in the episode, if any, was Spelunky. It's a good game! I don't know if it's that good! But again, point 2: these fellas tend to love themselves a roguelike.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
spelunky is incredibly loving good

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
As long as they do an Elden Ring monster factory the mcelroys can have whatever bad opinions about video games they want

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Colonel Whitey posted:

As long as they do an Elden Ring monster factory the mcelroys can have whatever bad opinions about video games they want

They won’t, they haven’t done one in a year and a half.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

Monster Factory is dead.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I thought they were just not doing it because they were out of games that worked well for it and didn’t want to force it. If anything is well suited to revive monster factory it’s a new from soft game

E: I guess there was the thing about it feeling “mean” or whatever but that on its own seems like a ridiculous reason to stop it. They created a toucan man in bloodborne, that can’t possibly ever look like a real person

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 22, 2022

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm sure there will be some kind of elden ring thing though, Griffin is a huge fan.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

External Organs posted:

I'm sure there will be some kind of elden ring thing though, Griffin is a huge fan.

I hope so. Character creation looks like its got that good good from software stuff.

TheMostFrench posted:

Char creation

Yessss crazy faces are back.

Even the newest borderlands game is going to have full monster factory style sliders
https://playwonderlands.2k.com/news/dev-diary-4-forging-your-fatemaker/?linkId=152516541

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
this week's episode made me realize that 13% of US presidents are still alive

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
https://twitter.com/stereogum/status/1496847573369434114

No lie, despite the Eurovision stuff, I'd very much Montaigne as some type of SoundCloud/Etsy-level musician that the brothers had come across. Good for Montaigne!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Modern Leper posted:

https://twitter.com/stereogum/status/1496847573369434114

No lie, despite the Eurovision stuff, I'd very much Montaigne as some type of SoundCloud/Etsy-level musician that the brothers had come across. Good for Montaigne!

She very much seems like someone that a record company really wanted to be a properly famous pop act who then decided on her own "nah, gonna do whatever weird poo poo I feel like, peace out".

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I hadn't seen this before. Clint wrote a book.

https://twitter.com/mackidsbooks/status/1496161611710488576?s=21

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Clint McElroy: a man with a book tour :3:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I love that his tour dates are (basically) just places where he has family. Hope he got the publisher to pay full freight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

The Modern Leper posted:

I love that his tour dates are (basically) just places where he has family. Hope he got the publisher to pay full freight.

even the medium well known writers I know mostly tour on the cheap these days, if at all. and same.