Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

roomtwofifteen posted:

Wouldn’t be caught dead being a Frasier fan and not knowing crucial Kelsey trivia like “is a republican” and “is a huge rear end in a top hat obviously” that’s like Kelsey 101

Kelsey Grammer is a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

He's an awful person who has done awful things and had awful things done to him and suffered awfully. He's like a fillet-o-fish from McDonalds. Every step in the process of making that sandwich and getting it to you is horrendous on so many different levels but goddamn it's good and comforting and enjoyed by people of every strata.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I'm a babe magnet, I'm catnip!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Been said before that the brundlefly of Frasier and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is just Kelsey Grammer's actual life.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Kelsey Grammer is a bad person.
We know our hero Frasier would help him get through another day and find a professional counselor. wwfd

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I guess they are all either underaged or overaged in that hell hole

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kelsey Grammer wasn’t “playing” a character in Pentagon Wars FYI

He just showed up in a uniform.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I just noticed Kelsey Grammer is the narrator of the Christmas episode of Just Shoot Me "How the Finch Stole Christmas."

e this is a much worse show than I remember

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 18, 2022

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Inspector Hound posted:

I just noticed Kelsey Grammer is the narrator of the Christmas episode of Just Shoot Me "How the Finch Stole Christmas."

Yeah but Wendie Malick is a treasure.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

Having not seen that show in well over a decade, I still partly remember that narration, holy crap.

Also found out recently that Simon Templeman AKA Kain from Legacy of Kain was a frequent guest star on that show.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i moved to seattle and it's nothing like frasier :(

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

i moved to seattle and it's nothing like frasier :(

Have you seen any lumbering pleasure dinosaurs?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
The space needle is in your picture. Perfect match. (plus 30yr)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Inspector Hound posted:

I was just thinking about Just Shoot Me the other day!

I also came to the conclusion I shouldn't seek it out

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

I was just thinking about Just Shoot Me the other day!

I also came to the conclusion I shouldn't seek it out

That episode also contains what's probably my favorite moment from that series. "What's wrong with me? I'm such a loser," Elliott says, turning to two models nearby. "C'mon ladies, let's get your clothes off and take some pictures." He walks away with his head down, the models trying to comfort him.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The best episodes are the two with David Cross and it's not even close.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

You say that, but there's the Valentine's (?) episode where Niles almost burns the apartment down

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Inspector Hound posted:

That episode also contains what's probably my favorite moment from that series. "What's wrong with me? I'm such a loser," Elliott says, turning to two models nearby. "C'mon ladies, let's get your clothes off and take some pictures." He walks away with his head down, the models trying to comfort him.

I specifically remember this joke, and you're absolutely right. It's pulled off so well.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rappaport posted:

You say that, but there's the Valentine's (?) episode where Niles almost burns the apartment down

Three Valentines. Nile sets half the apartment on fire while preparing for a date. Martin and Daphne go out drinking and wallow in their sorrows about being alone. Frasier has a meeting with Cassandra, the station's promo manager, but can't figure out whether it's professional or a date and winds up calling Roz like 17 times to try and figure it out.

Just a classic example of how great Frasier could get when it went full-on farce, much like The Ski Lodge.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

David Hyde Pierce is pretty good at physical comedy, I feel the show didn't utilize that enough instead of just having Kelsey yell NILES at him over and over.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Rappaport posted:

David Hyde Pierce is pretty good at physical comedy, I feel the show didn't utilize that enough instead of just having Kelsey yell NILES at him over and over.

To be fair, getting yelled at is an underappreciated comic skill. And David Hyde Pierce is very good at getting yelled at.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

The best episodes are the two with David Cross and it's not even close.

MY PANTS ARE TIGHT!! :cry:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Occasional reminder that the best line in the series is

"He was eminent when my eminence was merely, imminent"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Rappaport posted:

The scenes of him trying not to die of terminal lust when Daphne shows up at his place during a heat wave are another great example of this

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Timby posted:

Three Valentines. Nile sets half the apartment on fire while preparing for a date. Martin and Daphne go out drinking and wallow in their sorrows about being alone. Frasier has a meeting with Cassandra, the station's promo manager, but can't figure out whether it's professional or a date and winds up calling Roz like 17 times to try and figure it out.

Just a classic example of how great Frasier could get when it went full-on farce, much like The Ski Lodge.

Rewatched that one 2 nights ago, and was surprised/impressed to learn that it was directed by Kelsey Grammer. So that opening scene was a pretty big flex.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/suhhhseal/status/1224494902299496448?s=20&t=gbr-Anbu4G9xP8mmfnLNMA

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lillith is kind of a goth.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

At least Freddy grew up and got a decent advertising job

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I'm so sad that this cuts off the beginning. "That's what good directing can do!"
https://youtu.be/lSK1UeD9nvE

Time to retrieve the DVDs.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Watched the Sideshow Bob/Sideshow Cecil episode of the Simpsons last night and boy is it a good one.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Coveralls that dont quite cover all

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Goddamn I wish that wasn't a joke

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
should've made it a pachinko machine

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Shouldv'e been an immersive sim, rivalling Deus Ex.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Shoulda been an arcade game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V91Y7MRw7eo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

disappointed that the playfield looks like a run of the mill pinball machine and not the apartment layout

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Eddie isn't a gigantic ball-eating monstrosity, Marty would hate that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You gotta give it to ski lodge but Moon dance is such a top episode as well. Not even for the comedy but the fake out with Niles spilling his guts, so well executed.

I hope the reboot is good somehow