Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Durf posted:

don't you dare disparage them

General Hammond of Texas *waves over head* was in one of them

holy poo poo I didn't know that

also that was the best gag in the entire franchise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDwIAJ_n7E

edit: looks like i dialed out to a page snipe, someone better send the malp through to see if this page is safe for exploration and content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Oct 29, 2022

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

Here's a Canadian heritage minute for you

https://twitter.com/markmackinnon/status/1485915705899950086

Airlifting out of Afghanistan only to dump them into Ukraine as US is about to stir up another warscare.

I had a chuckle a few pages back about that whole "400,000 immigrants a year" thing because I don't think IRCC could process that in a decade.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol

https://twitter.com/MariekeWalsh/status/1495586099799994373

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

this would never happen in the US with a GOP congressperson

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

This is just a verbatim Alex Jones bit...

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Someone just remembered that the people he's very publicly ragging on include every server in every food and drink establishment within walking distance of his place of work.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

Here's a Canadian heritage minute for you

https://twitter.com/markmackinnon/status/1485915705899950086

Airlifting out of Afghanistan only to dump them into Ukraine as US is about to stir up another warscare.

hosed around with the bad guys and found out

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

thunderspanks posted:

Appointed senator who gets to sit at that appointment until the age of 75 calls Ottawa residents spoiled
https://twitter.com/WaytowichNeil/status/1495367654193840129

A long speech about how they're all not at all owned (they are).

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, I think I've said it before but as a materialist I'm always dumbfounded when I see these huge groups of people who think that the world works like a Marvel movie.

why is that surprising million of people watch marvel movies it's basically religion to america

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Durf posted:

don't you dare disparage them

General Hammond of Texas *waves over head* was in one of them

DirtyRobot posted:

Sam Steele sucked and time travelling general Hammond shoulda shot him

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Christman thinks Cherry is the only Canadian who could be Trump here, which is what our Yank media consuming chuds desperately want.

Canadian Trump is that Mr wonderful guy from dragons den

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Canada land came out with a "why I support the convoys" podcast, and lol no way I'm listening to that but it's probably not a good sign for where liberal discourse is heading

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Super hilarious that none of the foreign journalists, pundits etc. have any loving clue or intimation of how bullshit and fake the protests are jfc :suicide:

It really makes me question their reporting of other countries at this point.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

anything interesting happen over the weekend or are the roads still blocked?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Oglethorpe posted:

anything interesting happen over the weekend or are the roads still blocked?

police murdered every grandparent in ottawa

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

Super hilarious that none of the foreign journalists, pundits etc. have any loving clue or intimation of how bullshit and fake the protests are jfc :suicide:

They're caught in having to grudgingly report a boring irritating protest on a stupid nonissue for manbabies and having to get people to actually read their news and sell ads. Hence the NYT and "sometimes (maybe) at gunpoint (possibly we don't know)" news stories.

The most amusing poo poo of it was all the streamers getting money thrown at them on youtube while standing there shouting "They're gassing us" while literally videoing none of that happening. For hours. Reliable sources for lazy journos.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

sleep with the vicious posted:

Canada land came out with a "why I support the convoys" podcast, and lol no way I'm listening to that but it's probably not a good sign for where liberal discourse is heading

Canadaland doesn't really represent liberal discourse.

they contacted people who donated to the convoy to ask them why they did

it's pretty much what you expect. "I don't listen to mainstream media. I never close the Rebel News tab on my browser. I think it's government overreach to mandate vaccination."

and of course they don't care about who organized the convoy.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

All of this is to say that I'm pretty sure Harper's coming back as CPC leader probably in time for the next election

will they have updated his software or are still running Harper Vista

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Karach posted:

Canadaland doesn't really represent liberal discourse.

they contacted people who donated to the convoy to ask them why they did

it's pretty much what you expect. "I don't listen to mainstream media. I never close the Rebel News tab on my browser. I think it's government overreach to mandate vaccination."

and of course they don't care about who organized the convoy.

Well then I stand corrected. The canadalands over the last few weeks where Jesse brown was just asking questions about the protests and saying it wasn't that bad really bent me against them. But that's better than I thought

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
so it seems if the emergency vote fails the libs are going to force an election?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

so it seems if the emergency vote fails the libs are going to force an election?

if anything would be a confidence motion I’d say this would be it

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Noblesse Obliged posted:

if anything would be a confidence motion I’d say this would be it

jagmeet standing in front of two buttons one says “give trudeau and freeland unlimited powers” and the other says “call an election”

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Virtual Russian posted:

This is just a verbatim Alex Jones bit...

Next up for the truckers: blockading Bohemian Grove.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Karach posted:

it's pretty much what you expect. "I don't listen to mainstream media. I never close the Rebel News tab on my browser.
I really kind of despise the absolute brainrot/lack of critical thinking to not see the hypocrisy in saying you hate mainstream media only to glom onto what is basically just a second mainstream, only it happens to validate your world view.

like it just really boils my piss for how the right wing basically exists entirely through a victim complex they accuse everyone else of having

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

sleep with the vicious posted:

Well then I stand corrected. The canadalands over the last few weeks where Jesse brown was just asking questions about the protests and saying it wasn't that bad really bent me against them. But that's better than I thought

eh I think it's Jesse's instinct to question the discourse at large - I think getting yelled at on Twitter makes him think he's on the trail of something hot.

Canadaland exposes a lot of stupidity in mainstream reporting, e.g. with the WE charity scandal, or with Jian Ghomeshi, or in coverage of the alt-right. I think that's why they're questioning the reflexive "this convoy doesn't represent Canada" POV that a lot of journalists seem to be taking. Because, for sure, while the convoy doesn't represent Canada at large, it does highlight this rather substantial and well-funded alt-right movement that's been building here for years. I live in rural MB - people sympathetic to the alt-right and the PPC are my neighbours. so learning about them is not the worst thing in the world. it doesn't mean we need to agree with them, or even entertain their idiotic fantasies, but we do need to know how they see things, so that we can at least have a conversation. and one of the things we're learning is that chuds live in a cult-like fantasy land, lack critical thinking skills, and feel oppressed and aggrieved. the next thing to investigate is "why does our society generate these fringe conspiracies at an alarming rate?"

where I always feel like Canadaland stops short is exploring the relationship between capital and the alt-right. like, they get so close when they air series like Commons, you just want them to go a little further.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dolash posted:

Next up for the truckers: blockading Bohemian Grove.

They can't do that because our populist movements can only be stupid and self-destructive now. The people turning their rage on the actual people who oppress them is no longer allowed.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I really kind of despise the absolute brainrot/lack of critical thinking to not see the hypocrisy in saying you hate mainstream media only to glom onto what is basically just a second mainstream, only it happens to validate your world view.

like it just really boils my piss for how the right wing basically exists entirely through a victim complex they accuse everyone else of having

those snowflakes just can't handle dissenting opinions, all they want is safe spaces where they don't have to confront the real world and the free speech of others, now let me tell you about how the mainstream media is all lies and the only real truth comes from patrioteagle.news and i don't talk to my children anymore because they started posting disagreeable comments underneath my facebook posts about how jews are trying to replace white canadians with muslim orphans by giving us covid vaccines

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Entorwellian posted:

It really makes me question their reporting of other countries at this point.

watching JJ McCullough get to be hilariously wrong in the Washington Post for years, with no real pushback, did this for me already lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Lostconfused posted:

I already forgot about Don Cherry after he got cancelled.

The only good thing he ever did was the 1990s dance song that he raps on called Rock Em Sock Em Techno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAI4rntFrE

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/LeahGazan/status/1495432087490416641

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/justintrudeau/status/198431344638955522?s=21

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

infernal machines posted:

when i die i'll go to heaven because i've spent my time in hell: toronto, 2010

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock