Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
look a selected group of Havana sufferers had noticeable traumatic brain injury on MRI scans compared to a control group

yes everyone had a history of concussions except the control group no that doesn’t matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
🦗🦗🦗

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattlieb/status/1495612293991866375

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/smitty_smitty_/status/1495610690627076099?s=20&t=UG1nrWbUag2FeeVfbKIC3A

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

eSports Chaebol posted:

look a selected group of Havana sufferers had noticeable traumatic brain injury on MRI scans compared to a control group

yes everyone had a history of concussions except the control group no that doesn’t matter

also the kind of "injury" that was seen in that MRI study could be caused by stress lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

John Bolton has havana syndrome? Now I’m bummed that it’s fake

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

John Bolton has havana syndrome? Now I’m bummed that it’s fake

Weird all these old people have an unknown disease that displays like dimentia

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I just love that there are dozens of more plausible explanations for Havana Syndrome that are supported by evidence but each of them come with an uncomfortable truth that America cannot admit.

So it must be laser beams.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lawlicaust posted:

I just love that there are dozens of more plausible explanations for Havana Syndrome that are supported by evidence but each of them come with an uncomfortable truth that America cannot admit.

Definitely can't be that people in high pressure jobs can have mental breakdowns and that a lot of what they describe can be explained by anxiety disorders, regular effects of aging, and long covid.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Definitely can't be that people in high pressure jobs can have mental breakdowns and that a lot of what they describe can be explained by anxiety disorders, regular effects of aging, and long covid.

I keep saying this, and it's not exactly disagreeing with you per se, but I want to reinforce that it's not necessarily anything at all, even stress.

But the collections of symptoms attached to "Havana" are ones quacks pitch at marks the world over.

You will see the exact same collection of things called chronic lime, gluten sensitivity, toxins, qi imbalance, misaligned vertebrae, and a million other things.

Because everyone has occasional unexplained headaches, nausea, fatigue, or depression.

Sometimes they coincide. And some people get them more often than others. It only takes a little magical thinking to attribute it to something else you noticed in your life.

That annoying sound (crickets). That evil machine what they keep talking about on the news.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

I keep saying this, and it's not exactly disagreeing with you per se, but I want to reinforce that it's not necessarily anything at all, even stress.

But the collections of symptoms attached to "Havana" are ones quacks pitch at marks the world over.

You will see the exact same collection of things called chronic lime, gluten sensitivity, toxins, qi imbalance, misaligned vertebrae, and a million other things.

Because everyone has occasional unexplained headaches, nausea, fatigue, or depression.

Sometimes they coincide. And some people get them more often than others. It only takes a little magical thinking to attribute it to something else you noticed in your life.

That annoying sound (crickets). That evil machine what they keep talking about on the news.

Probably a number of cases cropping up since Congress made a disability fund for it too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Atrocious Joe posted:

A CIA guy said that Havana Syndrome doubters are gaslighting the survivors

hahahaha

meta gaslighting about a gaslight

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Atrocious Joe posted:

A CIA guy said that Havana Syndrome doubters are gaslighting the survivors

There's nothing that I could do to a CIA agent that would make me feel bad. Not a single goddamn thing.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
drown all cia agents in manure holding ponds it’s the only way to be sure

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Zeroisanumber posted:

There's nothing that I could do to a CIA agent that would make me feel bad. Not a single goddamn thing.
Oh? So you'd not feel bad about saluting them and praising their contributions to world peace?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
the deep state gave trump havana syndrome immediately post-elevator. are brave president never complained about it once, but also got serious dementia

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah im havana syndrome

syndrome on deez nuts

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Lawlicaust posted:

The emperor can not be naked, so it must be communist microwaves that turn their clothes see-through.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Oh? So you'd not feel bad about saluting them and praising their contributions to world peace?

Son of bitch!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I was up a hotpocket and gave myself havana syndrome how do I sign up for free money please advise.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I still believe those 2 NSA agents in 1992 actually got microwave brained and that’s the tiny nugget of truth driving all the mass psychogenic illness now.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
bumping this thread kuz due to some strange acoustics there is a ticking in my house. its pretty fast ticking. but its not from inside and you cant hear it outside of a 2x2' zone which is where my computer is. i spent an hour trying to locate it today. i think im being targeted by the havana weapon. im actually losing my mind lmao

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The real Havana syndrome is breaking your brain on Twitter, actually

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Smythe posted:

bumping this thread kuz due to some strange acoustics there is a ticking in my house. its pretty fast ticking. but its not from inside and you cant hear it outside of a 2x2' zone which is where my computer is. i spent an hour trying to locate it today. i think im being targeted by the havana weapon. im actually losing my mind lmao

some part of your computer is making a ticking noise, i'd wager. bit of plastic intermittently getting clipped by a fan maybe?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smythe posted:

I heard a weird ticking in my bedroom last night and it took me several minutes to track it down

turns out, I was hearing one of the AAA batteries in my tv remote rupturing, it was ticking a couple times per second

I took it out and wiped out the battery acid, hopefully it didn't do any lasting damage

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

CoolCab posted:

some part of your computer is making a ticking noise, i'd wager. bit of plastic intermittently getting clipped by a fan maybe?

its not i opened the caseand listened. it sounds like its coming from behind my left shoulder but u cant hear it if u move 24 inches in any direction. its hosed up!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Filthy Hans posted:

I heard a weird ticking in my bedroom last night and it took me several minutes to track it down

turns out, I was hearing one of the AAA batteries in my tv remote rupturing, it was ticking a couple times per second

I took it out and wiped out the battery acid, hopefully it didn't do any lasting damage

wow crazy

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah I'm havin a sin dome

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

its not i opened the caseand listened. it sounds like its coming from behind my left shoulder but u cant hear it if u move 24 inches in any direction. its hosed up!!!

it's your brain telling you to log off

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

vyelkin posted:

it's your brain telling you to log off

i have to do my homework here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
iw as supposed to do this yesterday but i played monster train for 8 hours instead and now im hosed

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Smythe posted:

turn the devices off at the wall (ie, unplug them) and confirm. could be a cap going

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

CoolCab posted:

turn the devices off at the wall (ie, unplug them) and confirm. could be a cap going

its not the computer its a targetted harassment device from the rude teens across the street they are beaming it into my window to troll me but im not going to take im going to show them whats up windows 95 style thats right with a shovel. just as soon as i finish getting this tattoo done

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
In my old office seat pre covid I could hold up a sheet of paper in front of my face and it would reflect oscillating sounds from I assume the air handling system and you could use it like an antenna or a mirror idk and receive and send signals depending on how things were held and what angles and stuff. it was super weird

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

is dark brandon still handing out havana syndrome bucks, where do i sign up

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Smythe posted:

you Havana laugh mate???

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
There's crickets out tonight. America is under attack!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dustcat posted:

is dark brandon still handing out havana syndrome bucks, where do i sign up

yes, the government has determined that Havana Syndrome isn't real but the people who thought they had it were suffering anyway so they're getting the payout regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Filthy Hans posted:

yes, the government has determined that Havana Syndrome isn't real but the people who thought they had it were suffering anyway so they're getting the payout regardless

makes sense