Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Fidelitious posted:

The organizers of this thing are not truckers who are aggrieved about vaccine mandates. They are far right-wing racists and conspiracists who want to tear down the government.

That's what gets me about the opportunistic garbage spewed by the CPC and other "why not reason with them!?" useful idiots. They want the "reasonable" parts of this movement to be recognised and heard instead of focusing on the racist extremists.

That is playing exactly into the alt-right playbook of infiltrating and subverting existing movements to try and make themselves seem legitimate. Once they have that foothold, they can freely recruit and radicalize more extremists to their cause. There is no such thing as "a few bad apples" here, the whole movement is rotten and should be stamped out.

The CPC wants to have their cake and eat it too, they want to prop up and support the "legitimate" protests of the movement while overlooking the fascist undercurrents. But when it comes to actual protest movements from left wing causes, they will dismiss them altogether while screeching about antifa infiltrators making their cause illegitimate. Why are standards any different here? Because the racist cause is right and the progressive cause is wrong, obviously.

So no, there is no reasoning to be done here, the whole freedom trucker movement needs to be thrown out on its rear end. And even if it were to be reformed through leadership that is not grounded in alt-right ideology, let's look at their demands:

1. That the federal government stop all health mandates
2. Barring that, that the governor general dissolve the federal government

Part 1 is what we are supposed to be negotiating with. Health mandates are not even federal jurisdiction! They are driven by (mostly) science and provincial hospitalization cases, and are slowly being phased out as a result. The only thing that was federally actionable is the vaccine requirement to cross the border, and that is also being driven by epidemiologic advice to reduce covid spread.

Part 2 is the real agenda and why this whole gong show should be denounced as a thinly veiled attempt at overthrowing a legitimately elected government. This isn't about health mandates, it's about the aforementioned alt-right playbook of hitching itself to existing causes to push their own motives. It's why you saw so many swastikas and antisemitic manifestos early on, which they only hid from public view because of optics. It's about giant fascist pissbabies throwing a tantrum because they don't like Trudeau and refuse anything that comes out of a government that doesn't perfectly align with what their Facebook brainwashing apparatus tells them to believe. It's about fragile white males who cannot accept that they are privileged as gently caress, reveling in all the attention this cause gave them instead of getting thrown in jail on day 1, thanks to that very privilege.

Imagine that! If they just took the vaccine, they could go back to being privileged by every layer of society, including at the border crossing! But that won't give them a spotlight to cry about the mean government and its hidden agenda of The Great Replacement.

So no, you don't negotiate with loving fascists.

Jan fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Needs more flags.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You can't reason with people who haven't gotten themselves into a position via reason to begin with. To horribly paraphrase that saying...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

he's up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uClwzozqw4

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Powershift posted:

Needs more flags.

It almost looks like a...convoy...

Edit: I know very little about the Emergency Act, but this thread summed up a few points that I also didn't know.
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1495040989366530048?s=20&t=ZgbOf8Kc2XWKbpwWvvB9Cw

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 21, 2022

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
Also a friendly reminder that the mayor tried to negotiate with them through Ford's former chief of staff, only for Tamara Lich and Pat King to turn around and accuse them of lying and forging a letter.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Still not getting smarter in here. I'll be back in two weeks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Just spam the GG's email account and she'll remove the PM.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1495790637605605388

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Forward this email to at least 7 people or you'll have 5 years of bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edit: of course that was from a freedomconvoy account

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 21, 2022

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/LeahGazan/status/1495432087490416641

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

flakeloaf posted:

The Honourable Member from Yeg Centre

Probably a typo but I was in downtown Winnipeg the other day and didn't see Edmonton anywhere.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
As an Ontarian, I assure you, we think they're all the same place.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Heads it's the former, tails the latter

:doh:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So Trudeau's going to make this a confidence issue. Good move.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stanley Pain posted:

So Trudeau's going to make this a confidence issue. Good move.

If ever there were one, this is it.

Jagmeet, let your MPs vote their conscience.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

I'd love to see a free vote across the board on this. I really hope there are some investigations into a few things. Foreign money influence on political parties/populace, the rise of some pretty serious radicalization of a part of our populace (re: White Supremacists), and the absolute dumpster fire that was OPS' response to the clownvoy. Personally I'd love to see Randy Hillier investigated. There are more, but start with that guy.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

yogizh posted:

Still not getting smarter in here. I'll be back in two weeks.

That disappointment you feel is the essence of Canpol. Gonna miss you.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

infernal machines posted:

As long as enough of them vote in favor to put "yes" over the top. The NDP torpedoing the emergency measures would play very poorly in the places that they actually hold seats.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crow Buddy posted:

That disappointment you feel is the essence of Canpol. Gonna miss you.

It's like when you catch that whiff of sewage when you're down by Ashbridges Bay, but it lingers just a bit too long.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

Personally I'd love to see Randy Hillier investigated. There are more, but start with that guy.

His tweet encouraging people to flood Ottawa police phone lines was still up last I checked. I'm pretty sure it's a crime to tell people to commit a crime.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

McGavin posted:

My mom's side of my family are all evangelicals and only one of them (my grandpa's sister) has gone full Q-tarded.

My dad and I just can't understand what the hell happened because she and her husband seemed totally normal when I was growing up. Something in the past few years broke their brains and they have basically ostracized themselves from the extended family because nobody else agrees with them.

Edit: The only thing I can think of is "old people getting on Facebook with no critical thinking ability", which kind of goes hand in hand with evangelical Christianity.

This is a bit late but I was catching up on some stuff in the thread.

What you see here is radicalization. More than likely via FaceBook, but not it can happen on other socials too. The brain rot as some have put it is real. There are both foreign and domestic interests at play and they want an army of mindless drones at their disposal.

Imagine this. You're on Twitter, you reply to a popular account like Justin Trudeau and then spend some time banning all the bots. Now imagine instead of bots on the Internet, you have real people out in the world like this.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HackensackBackpack posted:

His tweet encouraging people to flood Ottawa police phone lines was still up last I checked. I'm pretty sure it's a crime to tell people to commit a crime.

Dude actually doxed RCMP officers via leaked material.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

That too. Those were deleted by Twitter, surprisingly. The leaked chats are still flooding around now with Rebel News watermarks on them. Perhaps the cops can knock on Ezra's door too.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

a real "let them fight" situation

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HackensackBackpack posted:

That too. Those were deleted by Twitter, surprisingly. The leaked chats are still flooding around now with Rebel News watermarks on them. Perhaps the cops can knock on Ezra's door too.

One can only hope.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Juul-Whip posted:

a real "let them fight" situation

What does this mean? I'm not following.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
It means that between the cops and Ezra Levant, you don't cheer for either side, you cheer for injuries. Bunch of fascists with uniforms and a bunch of fascists without uniforms want to get into it you hang back and get out the popcorn.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Servetus posted:

It means that between the cops and Ezra Levant, you don't cheer for either side, you cheer for injuries. Bunch of fascists with uniforms and a bunch of fascists without uniforms want to get into it you hang back and get out the popcorn.

I'm all for cops brutalizing white supremacists, but would prefer to abolish the police. Replace it with something better and more societally and community driven.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm all for cops brutalizing white supremacists, but would prefer to abolish the police. Replace it with something better and more societally and community driven.

I agree completely, but in the meantime if they are actually fighting each other for a little while that means either group has less time and energy to brutalize other groups.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

And just to make things really interesting, talk is the woman who was injured by the TPS horse is a Kanien'keha:ka Elder, because of course, of ALL the anti-mandate moron occupiers who had to be there, the ONE who gets hurt by the cops has to be an Indigenous person

Talk is there are some guys with some different red flags on their way here, and if that's the case, it's gonna be real interesting how the government handles *that*.

The ol' ACAB > ACAB except... > ACAB pipeline.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Forward this email to at least 7 people or you'll have 5 years of bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edit: of course that was from a freedomconvoy account

Who IS Freedo McOnvoy?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

redbrouw posted:

Who IS Freedo McOnvoy?

Some guy in Star Wars.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

redbrouw posted:

Who IS Freedo McOnvoy?

This is Freedo McOnvoy speaking. I am a man who loves his truck

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 10, 2022

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

redbrouw posted:

Who IS Freedo McOnvoy?

This is Freedo McOnvoy speaking.

I am the man who loves his life, and gently caress everyone else.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

https://twitter.com/EvanLSolomon/status/1495867945184079877?s=20&t=Un02oL1Kj5OcakTiuPoPUA

??

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Good, I was hoping it would be a confidence vote

Development
Jun 2, 2016

https://twitter.com/rachaiello/status/1495932149278683145?s=20&t=sH1i8yL8fz-XvnzqEXpU2Q

half surprised that lighbound and erskine smith voted yea

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

“I’ll let her finish and then we’ll finish up” was basically like telling a toddler “that’s nice, dear” after they tell you a story with no point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
lmao if the confidence vote failed and we'd have another loving election