Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Johnny Truant posted:

drat it's already out? I'm waiting until I can :420: then I'm gonna binge through all of it

Is it a continuation of s1?

Yeah, it picks up shortly afterwards with some of the same characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

In good news season 2 of black summer kicked rear end

No poo poo really?? Thank you

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Didn't see a S11 thread. After dropping out of the show I got curious since it's the final season, and decided to check out what's going on.

https://youtu.be/g-TnQVuLqVg

Is this actually the opening of the new season? Have they really got no smarter since the days of the well? Which tactical genius signed off on this plan, and why are they in such a rush to get the supplies rather than spending a couple of hours gradually picking the walkers off before going in?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I didn't even know S11 started, there are 2 even episodes out already.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Senor Tron posted:

Didn't see a S11 thread. After dropping out of the show I got curious since it's the final season, and decided to check out what's going on.

https://youtu.be/g-TnQVuLqVg

Is this actually the opening of the new season? Have they really got no smarter since the days of the well? Which tactical genius signed off on this plan, and why are they in such a rush to get the supplies rather than spending a couple of hours gradually picking the walkers off before going in?

I didn't watch it, but I see the same comments on r/thewalkingdead about not clearing out the place. Same old show

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Just watched the 2 episodes and I enjoyed them both! So far this season is better than all of last season.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
This thread is so dead.

Live! Live!

(Actually I've been enjoying this season. Never watched the show much before, certainly not in years. The Daryl plot is a snore, I wanna go back to the insane picnic people world.)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I too am mostly interested in the ice cream people, wonder what the catch will be because I'm sure there will be one.

Darol en Caryl etc bore me to death.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I liked the horror house episode. Some good old-fashioned scary horror.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

picnic people world? ice cream people?

what happened

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Last episode was pretty okay!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lol that they have a loving hwacha

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Seemed a bit unsafe to me.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

A hwacha would be pretty useless against zombies, though. Like the way mines would be pretty useless. They ain't likely to destroy the brain.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Seedge posted:

A hwacha would be pretty useless against zombies, though. Like the way mines would be pretty useless. They ain't likely to destroy the brain.

These guys seem to kill as many people as they kill zombies though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think I'm caught up but I will say that pope dude has the most dog poo poo accent and I really liked him in Happy!

I think they were last season eps but the "Darryl and Carol do dumb poo poo individually at the same time" was a bad episode but the negan origin ep was really good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another spin-off https://deadline.com/2021/10/tales-of-the-walking-dead-anthology-spinoff-series-amc-the-walking-dead-1234854559/

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So some of these last eps are worth watching?

Or should I just watch the second season of Black Summer

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Second season black summer for sure

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Second season black summer for sure

:hmmyes:

I feel like I need to find out what you're currently watching so I can still see your tasty gifs though

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm gonna catch up with walking dead and then I'll go back through

It's been a while since I've edited anything for Jokes lately

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Johnny Truant posted:

So some of these last eps are worth watching?

Or should I just watch the second season of Black Summer

Black Summer s2 came out?? oh poo poo ty

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I haven't seen or heard of Black Summer before now but according to you guys I should watch it?

edit: oh nice, it's on Netflix.

edit2: according to my partner, I have apparently seen season 1. I don't remember a thing, was that the one where part of it was in a diner in the middle of nowhere?

edit3: yes, I did see S1. Just watched a recap on youtube.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 13, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This last TWD season was split in three so we still have like a year before it finally ends. It’s been pretty fun seeing how the show brings the commonwealth story to life while also needing to account with… almost everyone directly involved in it (in the comics) being dead or gone in the show. Some of it is working, other stuff isn’t but overall isn’t bad. The rest of it like the reapers and Maggie/Negan becoming beta/alpha whisperers. I’m curious how they’re going to finish this off since there’s very few characters that I think could land the ending in term of replacing Rick and Carl’s stories which were still front and center this late in the comics.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I didn't find a separate thread for Fear aside from one that died back in 2018 or something, but I did recently binge through it all and I just want to spit on it a bit so...

From what I understand it was an almost half decent show until they let some idiot guy from the original series take over and ruin everything, and if you would show someone a recent episode of Fear I doubt they would know what show the are watching, nor would they want to. It went from a family of hapless idiots destroying communities in double digits over braindamaged reasons to some sort of a Walking Dead + Fallout fanfic.

One of the biggest gripes I have is that stupid loving metal trash sword Alicia carries around like it would be some iconic weapon of legends. It's too loving wide to grip properly, almost like trying to hold on to a basketball with one hand from the top. Any impact would send it flying from your hand, and it looks like poo poo. Any knife or a piece of wood laying around supersedes it. Why are they so hellbent on keeping it on the show? I must admit that I kept dozing off while binging this so I must've missed if there was some epic lore behind it.

The writers are even more lost at sea than in the original series. Every episode in the past 3 or 4 seasons they are using their magical walkie talkies and every single time they do there is some smirking rear end in a top hat eavesdropping in, and eventhough the villains always immediately reveal that they are listening in and make vague threats, our hapless heroes never learn not to spill their beans over the radio. Then the anime assault van gets stolen and reclaimed, they gun down some zombies with the gattling guns and somehow there's always more ammo for it. After that it's time for an interview tape and Morgan to come out of the bushes to tell everyone that he has a new community building up and it's far superior to all the rest, but all it is is some pile of concrete in the middle of nowhere.

I have to admit that the season with the fat homeless lady with zombie on a stick and them leaving worthless loot crates all over only to get boned by everyone is content that no other show could have delivered.

I'm guessing the main series still sucks too? I have like a 3 season gap in my knowledge. Last thing I remember is that Darl and company were being terrorized by some chemotherapy lady and the singer from Lordi.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I've been watching them both recently after stopping keeping up at the end of S2 Fear, and probably halfway thru the last season before Negan and the Saviours got boned by the Goon character.

The main show stuff you're talking about is the Whisperers which I got real tired of but had one of the most intense mid season "holy gently caress" moments since the early seasons. But I've only really been enjoying things since they hosed off.

Fear is :wtc: levels of poo poo though. You're probably ahead of me Alicia and the girl-who-killed-Nick are chilling in a rainy house together but it's really really poo poo.
Love John though which makes me just want to have had a John Dorie led spinoff instead of Morgan who is so tediously annoying.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

I haven't seen or heard of Black Summer before now but according to you guys I should watch it?

edit: oh nice, it's on Netflix.

edit2: according to my partner, I have apparently seen season 1. I don't remember a thing, was that the one where part of it was in a diner in the middle of nowhere?

edit3: yes, I did see S1. Just watched a recap on youtube.

Black Summer is incredibly divisive for some reason. It's low budget zombie horror working really well around its limitations, that's also about what it's like living through a genocide. I just really really like it and the physical action sequences alone are worth the price of admission.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Spiteski posted:

I've been watching them both recently after stopping keeping up at the end of S2 Fear, and probably halfway thru the last season before Negan and the Saviours got boned by the Goon character.

The main show stuff you're talking about is the Whisperers which I got real tired of but had one of the most intense mid season "holy gently caress" moments since the early seasons. But I've only really been enjoying things since they hosed off.

Fear is :wtc: levels of poo poo though. You're probably ahead of me Alicia and the girl-who-killed-Nick are chilling in a rainy house together but it's really really poo poo.
Love John though which makes me just want to have had a John Dorie led spinoff instead of Morgan who is so tediously annoying.

I did reach the current last episode, but I've been dozing off while binging it so I can't even really tell what happens in seasons 5 or 6. There were some truckers, cringy dialog, wild west larping and morgan being a dullard. I do remember that episode you are talking about though, it made very little sense.

I have noticed that they constantly do a thing where Morgan or some other guy effortlessly kills 5 zombies all on their lonesome, but then when there is a group of people facing down a group of 15 zombies approaching they never even attempt to dispose of them, it''s all of a sudden this herculean task that no one can pull off. They constantly find themselves being protected by a fence or in a tight corridor or some other setup where they would certainly have the advantage but they always throw startled gazes at the zombies before jogging away. I don't know if it's all because of the director or whatever but that poo poo and the thing where someone stumbles over their shoelaces and then a zombie jumps on them, only for it to be blown to pieces by an offcamera gunshot are very tiresome. I'm guessing there's a per episode quota they have to meet.

The only good characters so far have been Dorie, the drug addict guy, the old barber guy and maybe Strand. On the main show I don't even know who is still alive, as in, who is even he supposed main characters? The larper goons? Darl? The two year old with the cowboy hat and revolver that she could barely lift above her knees?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I assume all my fellow Negan/Maggie shippers are going to be pissed!!!!!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

What's going on, show's still on?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Like a zombie, it refuses to die.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

mcmagic posted:

I assume all my fellow Negan/Maggie shippers are going to be pissed!!!!!

Ok I'll say it. It's a little weird that Darryl and the others took Maggie at her word that Negan just walked off. After a massacre like that I'd just kinda assume she killed him and was keeping some part of what used to be Negan in a box as a trophy

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Any update on Rick or the trash lady?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
God the commonwealth is boring.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Sure, but they have ice cream.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

mcmagic posted:

God the commonwealth is boring.

I thought it was funny how the "big bad" aspect of the commonwealth is that there is a class divide, just like in real life (and how it was in their world, before the zombie apocalypse). I love how the waitress had this horrified expression on her face after that realization, like that revelation was more frightening than having to survive in an apocalyptic world full of zombies for years

At this point, my line of thinking is "I stuck with this show so far and it's almost over, might as well see it through to the end"

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh gently caress you guys, that episode loving rocked.

Just a really good pay-off to years of plotting, and actually quite moving.

Commonwealth Cheap Suit is just a really fun boo hiss villain.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
These first three 11B episodes were good. Seems like the show is back to at least S9 quality, its gotten out of that 10C/11A mudpit.

If anyone's looking for a good TWD youtube channel, I recommend https://www.youtube.com/c/predatoure

It's just a guy giving grounded opinions that I constantly agree with. When the show's good, it gets deserved praise, and when it's bad he shits all over it (and scott gimple).

I don't watch FearTWD anymore, I just watch these reviews, but if he says an episode is good (they rarely are anymore) I will go watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LZxelSc62Y

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i'm half watching from season 1 again and T-Dog is so clumsy it's ridiculous

which ones were the good seasons? i can only remember...flashes. like the farm being boring, psycho shane, the very obvious cannibals, a prison, merle returning, really bad gun fights, carls strange death, the heads on pikes, oh and morgan returning as a monk. or that might've been Fear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

CODChimera posted:

i'm half watching from season 1 again and T-Dog is so clumsy it's ridiculous

RIP T-DOG!!1