Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

sullat posted:

Should be the other way around, those Assyrians had it right.

we do it chinese empire style, pay your vassal states an elaborate, ritualized tribute to ensure loyalty. unfortunately our vassals are starting to see the writing on the wall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

fabergay egg posted:

we do it chinese empire style, pay your vassal states an elaborate, ritualized tribute to ensure loyalty. unfortunately our vassals are starting to see the writing on the wall!

i have no idea why any country would willingly throw their lot with america by this point beside obvious selfish leadership reasons

Palladium has issued a correction as of 00:40 on Feb 20, 2022

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The Democrats in November:

the democrats already have a pretty good metaphor going right now with that big burning barge full of luxury cars that the crew noped out on when poo poo started looking bad

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Drag a sign that says "BLUE TEXAS" through a Democratic convention, you never know what you'll find

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Acelerion posted:

'The arc of then universe bends toward justice'

always thought this was a dumbass thing to say tbh

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

The FBI agrees with you

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Seriously, if you're going to get into politics, you're going to be fighting the Democrats and Republicans both if you're even an inch to the left of Mussolini. And what advantage would you have running as a (D)? In many states there is no plan for outreach, no infrastructure-- gently caress, my county party wasn't even talking to the local college democrat group.

There is no plan for rehabilitating the party's shady as gently caress reputation-- and why would they need to? They know they got the kind of dumbfuck that posts in D&D to support them no matter what, so what difference does it make whether or not you win?

If you're intending to run to grab your own stack, good on you, nothing matters so might as well fleece the rubes just as much as they are. If you're running because you actually think you can take the party over, maybe going back to D&D and staying there would be a good idea.

lmao @ people who think things can change for the better. honestly just lol. grow up

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Palladium posted:

i have no idea why any country would willingly throw their lot with america by this point beside obvious selfish leadership reasons

Because America still spends billions loving with and couping other countries leaderships to this day.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Just checking in to see if the democrats have destroyed themselves yet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

it's actually "the arc of steven universe"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DarkEuphoria posted:

Just checking in to see if the democrats have destroyed themselves yet

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Liberals always took it to mean "just sit back and enjoy life knowing that progress is being made all the time behind the scenes"

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

The whole Progressive view of history only made sense when combined with a Christian worldview. Absent faith in a divinity subtly guiding humanity towards a goal it's nonsense.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao @ people who think things can change for the better. honestly just lol. grow up

if you want things to change for the better and think it can be done with the Democratic Party, despite everything they've done for the past 40 years, you'd have a much more productive use of your time having somebody beat you a tack hammer.

As a matter of fact, that's the exact kind of circumstances required to be a democratic party primary voter sooo...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmao @ people who think things can change

https://twitter.com/ClimateCentral/status/1495148688699576320

...oh you said for the better? oops lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1495640887342338052?s=20&t=J_VyV4xX3o8XZ9RsaY6Diw

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

is pepsi ok posted:

Miss me yet?

Yes
Comrade Trump, my people yearn for freedom

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/dgarritysantafe/status/1495768504469016578

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 18:36 on Feb 21, 2022

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmfao at people who backed bernie still going all in on biden.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

I’d hope that “or Elizabeth warren” is doing most of the heavy lifting but… I should know better probably

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmfao at people who backed bernie still going all in on biden.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, bernie said to vote for his good friend joe biden

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/axios/status/14...ingawful.com%2F

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

oh my god they're gonna do the exact same thing all over again

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

this election will be the most important election of our lives

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

They did lose that election. They know that, right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

snopes rates that mostly false, because we would prefer to pretend it isn't true.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Vim Fuego posted:

They're wise to Russian trickery now.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it literally worked exactly as they wanted it to last time (trump winning) so why wouldn't they do it again? they don't want to win, they never have, they never will.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Vim Fuego posted:

nuh uh my controller was broken mom says you have to give me a do over

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
democracy party 7

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

one of my favorite things is when liberals act like trump is secretly very unpopular with his base

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

one of my favorite things is when liberals act like trump is secretly very unpopular with his base

but meanwhile biden is very popular with everyone!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
remember when the democratic party was spending their money running ads that were only about tying republican candidates to trump lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
*foreboding music* "Chuck Graftpot just LOVES donald trump. Look at all these times he has supported Trump, Trump even said that he loves him too!" *paid for by the democratic party*

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I sure am glad that the democrats are going to spend a ton of time and effort elevating and normalizing a truly horrific and historically awful monster because they think that this will somehow help them win??

they're just going all in on "at least we aren't the other guy" as their only platform

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
in 2020 if the only difference was trump won, the dems would probably have some favorability going into 2022. i hate to pay even the tiniest compliment, but I think biden may have killed the dems by getting elected and letting everyone see their whole rear end

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Stereotype posted:

I sure am glad that the democrats are going to spend a ton of time and effort elevating and normalizing a truly horrific and historically awful monster because they think that this will somehow help them win??

they're just going all in on "at least we aren't the other guy" as their only platform

when they say "at least we aren't the other guy" they are telling the corporate voters: they won't freeze student loans and push for multiple stimulus checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1495781446526840837