Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Has anyone ever banned Digital Foundry before?? Ruh roh lol.

The specific quote was regarding not being able to show console performance data without the day one patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Lets be real, this is a canny way to delay DF until after release.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oh no they won't be showing performance on a version of the game we won't be playing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard the game runs at negative fps. It's like when you look at a tire on the highway and it appears to be going backwards.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cowcaster posted:

48 hours before your given launch time according to the release timeszones map they provided, but if you're an elden ring NFT holder you get priority in the queue

Is that the gold or silver tier? I knew I should have splashed out but I bought the edition with the horse skins instead

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

I heard the game runs at negative fps. It's like when you look at a tire on the highway and it appears to be going backwards.

Any amount of particles sends the framerate into the imaginary numbers realm

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
can't wait to watch the online legion bombard the journalist that gives elden ring that 5/10, bringing the metacritic score below 90

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I was thinking to start with Vagabond for a battlemage build but after watching a bunch of gameplay it's going to be hard to say no to the samurai with that longbow right off the bat.

Anyone know, without spoilers, how long into the game before other classes will find or can buy a bow?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
How was the performance in the streams that got taken down, and what platform did they play on?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

I was thinking to start with Vagabond for a battlemage build but after watching a bunch of gameplay it's going to be hard to say no to the samurai with that longbow right off the bat.

Anyone know, without spoilers, how long into the game before other classes will find or can buy a bow?

There's a shop very early on, but I don't remember if they sell a bow. I'll go check and edit this post with the answer.

Edit: They do.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I always liked sorcery more than pyromancy, so pyromancy ending up in faith makes me wonder if I'll want to branch out my normal faith caster into a theurge. Magic missile from horseback is always powerful.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

There's a shop very early on, but I don't remember if they sell a bow. I'll go check and edit this post with the answer.

Edit: They do.

Thanks for checking, in that case i'll probably just hold out until i get there

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

goblin week posted:

i love the loathsome dung eater

Please stop calling me that

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Shoehead posted:

Is that the gold or silver tier? I knew I should have splashed out but I bought the edition with the horse skins instead

I'm really excited for the one that turns Torrent into a raptor.

It seems that two-legged skins are going to be pretty rare - the only two I'm aware of are Raptor and Ostrich.

I assume they put the Ostrich in there to placate the Final Fanboys, but I just can't get into the look of it.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

it's gonna be difficult to choose anything other than the Samurai imo for 1) novelty and 2) cool sword

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thinking about how 3 days, 2 hours, and 10 minutes from now I'll be playing this game.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Jon Irenicus posted:

it's gonna be difficult to choose anything other than the Samurai imo for 1) novelty and 2) cool sword

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
weebs, weebs all of you

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Unsure if I’ll pick this up for launch. The whole “we promise remote executable code poo poo is fixed for Elden Ring but no we’re not bringing Dark Souls multiplayer back up because reasons” seems a little sketch.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Captain Oblivious posted:

Unsure if I’ll pick this up for launch. The whole “we promise remote executable code poo poo is fixed for Elden Ring but no we’re not bringing Dark Souls multiplayer back up because reasons” seems a little sketch.

getting invaded by a guy who can steal my bank account information if he lands a backstab on me sounds like the high stakes pvp action i crave

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

1stGear posted:

weebs, weebs all of you

as a big time nerd who's planning to invest in sorcery at least i take solace in the fact i'm not some hanzo steel wretch :smug:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wasn't the only person able to do it the one who reported it? I think it's a little blown outta proportion.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Cowcaster posted:

as a big time nerd who's planning to invest in sorcery at least i take solace in the fact i'm not some hanzo steel wretch :smug:

UGH

The WRETCH starts with a CLUB!!!!

The SAMURAI starts out with HANZO STEEL!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad I already told you that!

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

punished milkman posted:

getting invaded by a guy who can steal my bank account information if he lands a backstab on me sounds like the high stakes pvp action i crave

The only thing more valuable than my privacy and safety is playing elden ring.

Edit: I watched the sabaku stream a bit more and he addresses the stuttering. He says pretty plainly that it wasn't happening on his end but stream viewers were noticing it. He says clearly that the game was not stuttering for him but viewers noticed it.

Basically just popped an ember and became enkindled hearing that.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 21, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you have Wallpaper Engine there are some cool countdown wallpapers on there right NOW. Get HYPE BITCH

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Just booked my covid booster so I have an easy excuse to take off Friday and play this all day. Thinking about starting prophet then pumping strength to become a hammermancer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

the reasons are just "patching other games requires work to get things set up and all our focus is on the elden ring launch right now so patching other games has to wait" which is very reasonable

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

My current plan is to create GRRM as a wretch

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It has always been my policy that upon defeat in pvp I make available to the victor my 500 gigs of dick pics that I've taken of myself. If they were honorable in their conduct they receive them in the png format.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

lih posted:

the reasons are just "patching other games requires work to get things set up and all our focus is on the elden ring launch right now so patching other games has to wait" which is very reasonable

Yup they probably thought they were done patching those games years ago and need time to get things in place to deliver a new patch. That Bamco turned off servers and promised a fix tells you how serious an RCE vulnerability is. Not overblown at all, it's worth being concerned about. But prioritizing fixing Elden Ring gives me some reason to trust them when they say it'll be fixed at launch. I don't plan on doing much co-op anyway, so I probably won't see many invasions.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I got some days off approved and I'm ready to go. Now to get owned by it not working on Linux due to some weirdo technical issue. Can't wait.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
my ps5 controller came in, it feels really nice. Basically just like the ps4 controller but a bit bigger and heavier. I plugged it in and my PC and steam recognizes it, so I think I'm good to go.

Also I'm leaning back toward Str/Faith again. The idea of flinging a fireball into the loathsome dung eater's face and then following it up with a big rear end loving sword up his rear end, for stealing my thunder, is too cool to pass up.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I'm going to play it a few days offline for smarter people to give it a looking over. A known RCE in the wild on a major release is pretty bad if it isn't fixed, but at least it looks like they're taking it seriously.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
well poo poo

https://twitter.com/FROMSOFTWARE_NA/status/1495892028789764097

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

This Friday I am going to play Elden Ring .

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Funny poo poo as usual my guy.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I liked it better when we were joking about Gacha mechanics

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lol gently caress off with this fake poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast