Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

Seems to me the course was set months ago

https://twitter.com/francska1/status/1495474850458226689

what day is it

We, like, did all these covert ops, and the man just tweets it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

etalian posted:

wouldn't this require going outside??

No. We called our Command Post Technicians “Indoor Kids” for a reason.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i definitely support putin because i think he is a communist. this is definitely a belief in my head and not the projection of a lib

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Danann posted:

Lol at the libs barging in thinking that an entire regiment of Nazis with a training pipeline is innocuous and equivalent to random Fashes being scattered all over an armed force and without much support for them. Yes clearly one is equal to the other in terms of indoctrination and hard power.

Imo Russia should simply have a military free of fascist and white supremacist influences like the United States does

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Man Musk posted:

Intervening in others’ domestic affairs isn’t very left-wing at all
and yet, i find it very strange so many "left wing" people keep finding themselves in complete agreement with the leadership of the one country that has intervened in other's domestic affairs more than any other in the last 70 years.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Greg Legg posted:

It is okay to take a break from the thread if it starts making you upset. You don't have to do this.

they seem to just lurk and get pissed off

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

we're all totally enamored with Putin's virile potency and secretly wish he was our president instead

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShekharGupta/status/1495321998041378817

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrewPavlou/status/1495293934821527552

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

just want to see NATO cucks take an L

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/jooeysiiu/status/1495214222191607808

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Hatebag posted:

2/22/22
They love 2!

Putin is a :synpa:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Here’s the wikipedia entry on the new Russian system.

There’s more in the trades, but I’m iffy about posting it online. Bottomline: RIP any Ukrainian artillerymen that fire on those peacekeepers.

Ivan doesn’t gently caress around with this. For whatever reason in SAMs, EW and this, they are leaps and bounds ahead of us.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i've got a friend convinced that putin is into numerology because he also invaded georgia on 08/08/08

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

If anyone is still mad, I will admit that I was wrong.

I didn't imagine that Putin would go through with invading Donetsk.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

There’s more in the trades, but I’m iffy about posting it online. Bottomline: RIP any Ukrainian artillerymen that fire on those peacekeepers.

Ivan doesn’t gently caress around with this. For whatever reason in SAMs, EW and this, they are leaps and bounds ahead of us.

forward trucks with nothing but microphones is such a galaxy brain play, i love it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I thought this was gonna end with Zelensky removed by internal right wing forces,

But if Biden backs down he might be at risk too

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Donetsk, Don't Tell

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

I thought this was gonna end with Zelensky removed by internal right wing forces,

frickin nostradonbass over here lol

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1495907758004183044

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

i say swears online posted:

forward trucks with nothing but microphones is such a galaxy brain play, i love it

Using a truck to do this instead of satellites or whatever is a good example of the pencil-Space Pen thing.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Frosted Flake posted:

For whatever reason in SAMs, EW and this, they are leaps and bounds ahead of us.

the reason is that NATO is all in on fast jets that go whooosh and never fighting without complete guaranteed air dominance. we haven't got the faintest idea what to do or how to fight if the fast jets can't go whoosh. like the ground troops won't move if they don't hear jets.

Russia had to go with a doctrine that didn't assume complete air superiority and so their armed forces kept up with all of the boring stuff like combined arms, air defence, and arty arty arty.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

How likely is it that this was all worked out beforehand? It's gonna look pretty stupid when / if that comes out.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Russia invaded lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

It seems like a pretty economical way to modernize their current doctrine on a fairly limited budget. If you can knock out the fancier toys with EW, deny the airspace with SAMs, and then knock out counter-battery fire with audio tracking, you aren’t in a bad position especially if you can protect your more traditional assets.

At the end of the day, modernized Soviet equipment is going to be largely good enough but you need to neutralize as many threats at you can from it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we're all totally enamored with Putin's virile potency and secretly wish he was our president instead

Making out with putin, feeling his proletarian rear end and tits

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

they should drive him out of the country entirety that would be even more democratic

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Buzzman posted:

Jesus christ how are you morons so loving stupid. You've all really been loving poisoned so thoroughly that you slobber all over authoritarian dick because it has some red on it.

Weren't you idiots like laughing for weeks about how clearly Russia is just doing military excercises? "Clearly this is just scaremongering by the west." "Clearly Ukraine is going to manufacture a reason to invade!"

But now when there are literal Russian soldiers moving into Ukraine and Putin is speaking of grand plans to revive the loving Empire, oh no this totally isn't an invasion guys. No they have to protect these innocent civilians from evil Ukraine (that also shouldn't exist).

Suck more fascist dick and call yourself leftists why don't you.

"Hrm yes Stalin has some good points!" :shuckyes:

I believe in leftism because I believe in trying to make peoples lives better. Not cheering and fawning over some dumb loving dictator going RUSSIA STRONK.

Whatever. That's all this garbage world is, soul-sucking capitalist genocidal corporations and autocratic brutal nationalist strongmen.

Enjoy this meltdown. Now give me perma-sixers or whatever the gently caress it's called.

Eat poo poo.
Ngl, takes a lot of balls to poo poo on the floor in the middle of a Walmart checkout line o7

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
The American empire is failing and D&D's cope is leaking out all over C-SPAM.

Deal with it libcucks, Putin doesn't have to kowtow and answer to the failing West any longer. Your time is over.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

really queer Christmas posted:

Making out with putin, feeling his proletarian rear end and tits

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I assume that's because "Russia is supposed to invade Kiev", and it also puts him closer to all the embassies and soldiers that USA/Canada and other relocated.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

OhFunny posted:

The US media is going to tear Biden apart if he "loses" this showdown with Russia. The screeching over the withdrawal from Afghanistan was bad. I have to imagine screeching over this will be louder.

I love how the media tore apart Biden for doing the best thing a sitting President has done in over 20 years on foreign policy by finally pulling the plug on Afghanistan. Theres no graceful or smooth way to lose a war(especially in a place like Afghanistan) and all that noise was complete and utter manufactured bullshit.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

All of this poo poo is gonna seem pretty stupid if the entire endgame was legitimizing the breakaway republics. Oh no, parts of the world not controlled by Ukraine are officially not controlled by Ukraine. Still a pretty good outcome all things considered.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Lyndon LaRouche posted:

The American empire is failing and D&D's cope is leaking out all over C-SPAM.

Deal with it libcucks, Putin doesn't have to kowtow and answer to the failing West any longer. Your time is over.

The double tap when trump gets reelected is gonna own, eagerly awaiting the content

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Buzzman posted:

Jesus christ how are you morons so loving stupid. You've all really been loving poisoned so thoroughly that you slobber all over authoritarian dick because it has some red on it.

Weren't you idiots like laughing for weeks about how clearly Russia is just doing military excercises? "Clearly this is just scaremongering by the west." "Clearly Ukraine is going to manufacture a reason to invade!"

But now when there are literal Russian soldiers moving into Ukraine and Putin is speaking of grand plans to revive the loving Empire, oh no this totally isn't an invasion guys. No they have to protect these innocent civilians from evil Ukraine (that also shouldn't exist).

Suck more fascist dick and call yourself leftists why don't you.

"Hrm yes Stalin has some good points!" :shuckyes:

I believe in leftism because I believe in trying to make peoples lives better. Not cheering and fawning over some dumb loving dictator going RUSSIA STRONK.

Whatever. That's all this garbage world is, soul-sucking capitalist genocidal corporations and autocratic brutal nationalist strongmen.

Enjoy this meltdown. Now give me perma-sixers or whatever the gently caress it's called.

Eat poo poo.

lol their post history is... quite infrequent

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Lasting Damage posted:

and yet, i find it very strange so many "left wing" people keep finding themselves in complete agreement with the leadership of the one country that has intervened in other's domestic affairs more than any other in the last 70 years.

it truly is mysterious, ah well better keep on believing what western corporate media keeps telling me. I am smart

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The liberals are gonna have about 12 hours of "Ha! I told you so!" before they get their new marching orders that, actually, this doesn't count as an invasion because that would embarrass Biden and his toothless poo poo throwing.

Whether or not this technically counts as an invasion is entirely up for debate imo.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

lmao, from the desk of Glenn:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1495849843129999366

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Terminal autist posted:

The double tap when trump gets reelected is gonna own, eagerly awaiting the content

I cannot loving wait for 2022 and 2024. May comrade Trump finally make good on his threats to withdraw the USA from NATO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

OhFunny posted:

The US media is going to tear Biden apart if he "loses" this showdown with Russia. The screeching over the withdrawal from Afghanistan was bad. I have to imagine screeching over this will be louder.
I live in the rural midwest and not a single person I know, troop or otherwise gives a deep fried poo poo now about leaving Afghanistan. Even most of the dumbest rightwingers I've heard talk about it in real life didn't want us to be there.

I can't imagine anyone but the media will care about this so long as it doesn't result in a shooting war between the US and Russia.