Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Macaluso posted:

Sega seems to let the base Freedom Fighters (Sally, Rotor, Bunny, and Antoine) exist in Sonic media even if they don't ever appear in the games, I wonder if the movies would include them at some point? Would the movies be wild enough to introduce Ixis Naugus?

sega only cares about game characters and they don't care about characters from the comics or cartoons. the reason they don't care that penders owns some obscure comic characters and recolors of existing characters is because they never had any intention of using them anyway and don't want to waste the time and money fighting him in court over the rights to use the skunk self-insert that cucked sonic the hedgehog

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Part of the point of rebooting the entire thing (aside from making a clean break after switching studios) was to bring the comics fully in line with the games, so all Archie original characters are unfortunately completely gone.

I did read some of Flynn's Archie run and it was good, and it's a real shame some of the characters are gone, but they've done a great job of filling out the IDW cast. And given that Tangle and Whisper have appeared in two mobile games already, Sega appear more receptive to crossovers, even if it was probably just to help market the new comic.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Part of the point of rebooting the entire thing (aside from making a clean break after switching studios) was to bring the comics fully in line with the games, so all Archie original characters are unfortunately completely gone.

I did read some of Flynn's Archie run and it was good, and it's a real shame some of the characters are gone, but they've done a great job of filling out the IDW cast. And given that Tangle and Whisper have appeared in two mobile games already, Sega appear more receptive to crossovers, even if it was probably just to help market the new comic.

Hell, I’d kind of like to see Tangle and Whisper appear in a proper Sonic game one day for that matter

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love all the new guys in idw sonic and want them to be main stays in the rest of the series

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want a Sonic game where Sonic goes up against Not-FOXHOUND from the comics.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want a game where Sonic goes up against FOXHOUND from the Metal Gear Solid series

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

i love all the new guys in idw sonic and want them to be main stays in the rest of the series

surge and starline pwn

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

boom knuckles dies from FOXDIE

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Sonic: That cyborg ninja! It was Tails the Fox!

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Metal Sonic??

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
What is Metal Sonic's Kill count

because it definitely kills, right? Right?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Theyre a terrorist group with just one demand: the body of the legendary soldier, Classic Sonic.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

no one has ever killed anyone in sonic except for that firing squad that executed an old man and that soldier that shot and killed a small child but no one else has been murdered

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Macaluso posted:

Oh well dang, I thought all this time those four were getting a pass. That's kind of disappointing, I still like those characters

From what I remember, Flynn has talked about the possibility of bringing them back, buuuut a) it would need Sega approval, and they barely acknowledge them anymore, b) they'd probably have to revert all the way back to the SatAM characters to avoid any possible entanglements with Archie over evolutions of the characters, and c) you can't just have them take over the IDW cast, so they'd be an occasionally-appearing support group at best. So, still technically possible, but don't get your hopes up.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah i love the og freedom fighters (+ nicole, nicole pwns) and the archie reboot was very kind to them, but i've come to terms with them never showing up again

the reboot in general has been the best part of archie sonic, free from all the cruft and bad artists of the early stuff. i can only imagine how cool idw sonic gets

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i also liked the freedom fighters and would like to see them again in the sonic spinball remake that sega should make

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Hogama posted:

longer legs

Need

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

The Saddest Rhino posted:

boom knuckles dies from FOXDIE

"The world is born... from zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes two, two becomes ten, and then I run out of fingers to count...Do you remember where I was going with this? Because I sure don't..."

Looper posted:

yeah i love the og freedom fighters (+ nicole, nicole pwns) and the archie reboot was very kind to them, but i've come to terms with them never showing up again

the reboot in general has been the best part of archie sonic, free from all the cruft and bad artists of the early stuff. i can only imagine how cool idw sonic gets

It also gave us Sonic discovering his pet dog is now an anthropomorphic dude with the thoughts, feelings and credit cards and being really weirded out by it!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

KingKalamari posted:

It also gave us Sonic discovering his pet dog is now an anthropomorphic dude with the thoughts, feelings and credit cards and being really weirded out by it!

lmao archie for the win

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

KingKalamari posted:

"The world is born... from zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes two, two becomes ten, and then I run out of fingers to count...Do you remember where I was going with this? Because I sure don't..."

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Just thought I'd post. I don't think I need to explain why.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I really wish you hadn't.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kurieg posted:

new thread title

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Chili dog.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

After the end of Sonic & Knuckles, the series was split into two, Classic and Modern.

Thus began the era known as the Sonic War.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Simsmagic posted:

After the end of Sonic & Knuckles, the series was split into two, Classic and Modern.
It was already split between CD and 2

Then 2 and 3&K

The Sonic schisms are many and early

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Such a lust for chili dogs! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sonic cd did not meet my expectations

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
Sonic CD got the Good Future in Act 1 but Sonic 2 neglected it in Act 2, so now we're in the Bad Future of Act 3.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kept me waaaaaaiiiiting, huh?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
That stupid evil sonic from the comics whose name escapes cause i never read them: Did you like my sunglasses, Sonic?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

My parents wouldn't buy me a Sega CD because it was too expensive, in hindsight this was the correct decision but goddamn I spent years dreaming of playing Sonic CD. Then I played it when it was emulated on literally everything and eh, it was ok. The JP soundtrack was banging but the jumping sound, who on earth signed off on that?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

CD is the one I've replayed the most outside of S3&K, there's an exploratory aspect to it that 1 and 2 don't go for that really scratches an itch for me.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Party Boat posted:

Kept me waaaaaaiiiiting, huh?

I cannot head that "huh?" as the overly exctided one Sonic does when suprised and it's cracking me up every time :allears:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ArfJason posted:

That stupid evil sonic from the comics whose name escapes cause i never read them: Did you like my sunglasses, Sonic?

His name is Evil Sonic op

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Frankston posted:

My parents wouldn't buy me a Sega CD because it was too expensive, in hindsight this was the correct decision but goddamn I spent years dreaming of playing Sonic CD. Then I played it when it was emulated on literally everything and eh, it was ok. The JP soundtrack was banging but the jumping sound, who on earth signed off on that?

My parents bought me a Sega CD for my birthday, even though I was a shithead who didn't deserve it. I remember hyperventilating and almost passing out from excitement as they set it up. Soon after, I bought Sonic CD for $20 from a blockbuster and my life has been on a spindash downward corkscrew ever since.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/VAdePEGA/status/1496834787029356547?s=20&t=f9G4Agpv5oQtLnO14pGKWQ

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It genuinely took me over a decade to figure out the intended method for that stupid thing. I used to have Sonic and Tails do specially timed jumps to eventually physics my way far enough down to short hop off the platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I never knew it was a problem until the internet informed me otherwise. But I also never liked the blue sphere special stage.