Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Donetsk Gone Country: Topical Freeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'm laughing at the US and NATO and libs, but the reality is idgaf and it's weird to see all these potato-fed Account Managers from Kansas City weighing in on international affairs on Twitter like this poo poo is any of their business. gently caress off, America, stay in your fuckin lane.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lmao

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

mark Ames? gross

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Unpleasant lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i went over to check out how D&D is handling the news and... oh dear

https://files.catbox.moe/lutdr5.mp4

oof. they are leaning into the Nazi aesthetic so hard it is almost parody

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Conspiratiorist posted:

This whole thing has been intentional nose-thumbing at the international norms regarding kinetic intervention.

The West's entire Foreign Policy regarding Russia was built upon the assumption they'd never have the resources or competence to mount an operation of this scale. They hosed up, and can't do anything about it.

they absolutely can intervene, hell Congress would probably sign a mutual defense pact with Ukraine

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

bedpan posted:

oof. they are leaning into the Nazi aesthetic so hard it is almost parody

Leni Riefenstahl would be proud

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

It’s funny how the complaints from the blue-checks always boil down to “he’s too mean to me and my friends”

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Russia being head of the un security council for 7 more days is funny.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Radirot posted:

Leni Riefenstahl would be proud

maybe the dollar store version of Leni Riefenstahl

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

On the plus side, just like every other war, this is a great chance to learn new geography facts and terms, like "ukraine"

you mean, "de Ukraine"

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Torpor posted:

they absolutely can intervene, hell Congress would probably sign a mutual defense pact with Ukraine

The US can't and won't. These aren't disavowable Wagner guys or brown goat farmers they can just bomb with impunity.

The only way to interfere with the Russians is killing a whole bunch of flagged Russian military and that'd get out of hand fast because they will shoot back. And troop blood will look real bad in the lead up to the midterms.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
so despite spending months bleating about this situation Biden has done nothing to actually enforce the rules based international order the DC blob has been adamant is an actual thing.

what has been more frustrating than actually wondering if Putin would invade is the kind of simultaneous alarm and gutlessness coming from the administration.

am I goin got die in an easily preventable nuclear hellfire or not? I just want answers and behavior consistent with them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I'm tired of only hearing one side. Can I get some arguments in favor of rebuilding the Russian Empire?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Gripweed posted:

I'm tired of only hearing one side. Can I get some arguments in favor of rebuilding the Russian Empire?

Pickled herring is pretty good?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Torpor posted:

so despite spending months bleating about this situation Biden has done nothing to actually enforce the rules based international order the DC blob has been adamant is an actual thing.

what has been more frustrating than actually wondering if Putin would invade is the kind of simultaneous alarm and gutlessness coming from the administration.

am I goin got die in an easily preventable nuclear hellfire or not? I just want answers and behavior consistent with them.

you’re asking a lot from weak kneed neoliberals and a decrepit dying empire on its way out to lunch

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PamelaFalk/status/1495955130776182785?s=20&t=-_ZWRPiodkMqNQRah8J0tQ

lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Zisky posted:

Pickled herring is pretty good?

i can confirm I once went to Scandinavia and those open faced sandwiches with picked herring is pretty good!

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Conspiratiorist posted:

The US can't and won't. These aren't disavowable Wagner guys or brown goat farmers they can just bomb with impunity.

The only way to interfere with the Russians is killing a whole bunch of flagged Russian military and that'd get out of hand fast because they will shoot back. And troop blood will look real bad in the lead up to the midterms.

the us absolutely can intervene regardless of the inherent threat of uncontrolled escalation. nothing you stated is a reason why the US cant do it.

that the US won’t intervene is a political estimation, hell a few days ago we all thought Putin didn’t have the chops to escalate the Ukrainian situation and here we are.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It would be wild to see the US get into a war with a country that can actually hit US soil. We haven't done that in 75 years. I don't think we'd be very good at it.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

um this is clearly a minor incursion why would we intervene

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

it was diverse and multicultural. The post-Soviet retreat into ethnostates has been an unfortunate turn against the proliferation of miscegenation.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

havent been paying attention but i wish the vlad the best

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The real moment Biden and his admin look like poo poo is if/when Germany goes ahead with Nordstream 2. There’s no way we can force them to tear up those contracts.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

gb2 trump thread

Probably one of the reasons why it is so inconceivable that Russia invades Ukraine is because then China invading Taiwan is on the table, etc, etc.

You are hiding from our new reality.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

Let it go, Basil!

Listen here Fat, if we allow the Bulgars in, it's gonna turn our empire into a racial jungle and uh...uh...oh God I'm out of time, sorry

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Majorian posted:

Listen here Fat, if we allow the Bulgars in, it's gonna turn our empire into a racial jungle and uh...uh...oh God I'm out of time, sorry

rip Majorian's av

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Torpor posted:

the us absolutely can intervene regardless of the inherent threat of uncontrolled escalation. nothing you stated is a reason why the US cant do it.

that the US won’t intervene is a political estimation, hell a few days ago we all thought Putin didn’t have the chops to escalate the Ukrainian situation and here we are.

Speak for yourself, I called this from the beginning.

RE US intervention, they are already backpedaling on sanctions. If they have no stomach for that, how do you even expect them to try and pick a fight?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The real moment Biden and his admin look like poo poo is if/when Germany goes ahead with Nordstream 2. There’s no way we can force them to tear up those contracts.

so by the end of the year?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

official United States response: :effort:

sum
Nov 15, 2010

OK baizuo posted:

They're projecting their desires. Now that the "adults" are back in charge this is the big chance to get even with Putin and Russia for befouling America's sacred democracy with four years of the puppet Cheeto president and scuttling Hillary's ordained turn in the white house

It's a bit silly to spike the football on the invasion not happening while three-quarters of Russia's army is still parked on the border

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

smoobles posted:

um this is clearly a minor incursion why would we intervene

this isn’t blood in my mouth, it’s wine. and it’s raining, so of course my face is wet.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

sum posted:

It's a bit silly to spike the football on the invasion not happening while three-quarters of Russia's army is still parked on the border

who cares idiot

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1495975389122162691?s=20&t=Sw6vp4Dq2FEKQlq14thT8A

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hell yeah

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Gripweed posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They are beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

poo poo is going down and folks are falling on their sword by burying their heads in the sand like ostriches.

Lol.