Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

skipmyseashells posted:

so by the end of the year?

probably sooner than that.

Sanctioning Russia and Germany — effectively all of Europe — would undermine the entire power of economic sanctions. if we sanction enough of the globe we just create a parallel market that the US is willingly excluding itself from to make a point.

whatever way it goes this is the end of the US being able to exercise influence in continental Europe. we still have pedophile island on our side but well,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Alright I'm not 100% but I'm willing to see how it plays out

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

wheezy fart of a "me too" play

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sum posted:

It's a bit silly to spike the football on the invasion not happening while three-quarters of Russia's army is still parked on the border
Wasn't Putin supposed to have used chemical weapons by now

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Germans are the worst kind of NIMBY... willing to import Russian dirty energy but not willing to host clean beautiful nuclear power on their clay.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

OK baizuo posted:

Wasn't Putin supposed to have used chemical weapons by now

He doesn't need to. NATO won't do a thing.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Putin probably intentionally waited until after trump so he could gently caress with the Democrats some more after the whole russia gate and total nonaction Obama took with crimea. Living rent free in lib heads having them furiously think he didn't do this to trump cause he was in cahoots!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/status/1495929807703797761

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Critical support for Brandon when the US media turns on him for not starting WW3

nah absolutely not

sum
Nov 15, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

who cares idiot

You're an epic leftist Juche poster. Your life sucks so bad ahahaha

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

My fellow Americans. I am calling on each and every one of you to piss like you have never pissed before.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Those WW2 posters telling you to turn in scrap metal, but for piss.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Putin probably intentionally waited until after trump so he could gently caress with the Democrats some more after the whole russia gate and total nonaction Obama took with crimea. Living rent free in lib heads having them furiously think he didn't do this to trump cause he was in cahoots!

Democratically-elected leaders operate fundamentally different from autocrats. To folks like Putin and Xi, Western leadership is something to weather, until the next election.

Putin has many problems at home, including losing the executive upper bourgeoisie class, previously one of his pillars of power.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

sum posted:

what does this even mean? "lol u suck idiot think other countries deserve to sort things out themselves? what a moron lol"?

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The liberals are gonna have about 12 hours of "Ha! I told you so!" before they get their new marching orders that, actually, this doesn't count as an invasion because that would embarrass Biden and his toothless poo poo throwing.

Whether or not this technically counts as an invasion is entirely up for debate imo.

Quoting a post from over 700 minutes ago is helldumping.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Conspiratiorist posted:

Speak for yourself, I called this from the beginning.

RE US intervention, they are already backpedaling on sanctions. If they have no stomach for that, how do you even expect them to try and pick a fight?

I don’t expect them to do anything but inexplicably embarrass the entire country by using insanely terrible mixed messaging.

the issues can be simplified to something like a) is Putin invading Ukraine, b) is Ukraine important, and c) what is a proportionate response? the administration has said yes to a) and b) and the response is :effort:

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

sum posted:

epic leftist Juche poster

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

sum posted:

and you’re the exact same seal that was clapping for intervention 20 years ago for Iraq and Afghanistan, and Libya 10 years ago.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted:

what does this even mean? "lol u suck idiot think other countries deserve to sort things out themselves? what a moron lol"?

Yes. It is as clear as day what right and wrong is. You do not need a foil or an insane amount of whataboutism to form an opinion on something so obvious. Whether our reality reflects that is a different matter.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

sum posted:

It's a bit silly to spike the football on the invasion not happening while three-quarters of Russia's army is still parked on the border

Man Musk posted:

poo poo is going down and folks are falling on their sword by burying their heads in the sand like ostriches.

Lol.

you are both so very very dumb. just in case you weren't aware

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

My fellow Americans. I am calling on each and every one of you to piss like you have never pissed before.

the piss tape is going to be real

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

thatfatkid posted:

you are both so very very dumb. just in case you weren't aware

You have been wrong every day for the past 8 years. How does that feel?

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Torpor posted:

I don’t expect them to do anything but inexplicably embarrass the entire country by using insanely terrible mixed messaging.

the issues can be simplified to something like a) is Putin invading Ukraine, b) is Ukraine important, and c) what is a proportionate response? the administration has said yes to a) and b) and the response is :effort:

except they explicitly haven't said yes to a) and are currently insisting it's not actually an invasion and that our good brain president has stared down putin like the mad dog he is

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Russia has been blocking poo poo in the UN Security Council on the basis of non-intervention for decades.

How can you look at the UN Security Council, and then look at the US Senate, and not conclude that these are just assholes trying to get their way?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

rip Majorian's av

lol yeah Despera got real mad because I said NATO is bad.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Man Musk posted:

How can you look at any political entity and not conclude that these are just assholes trying to get their way?

Fixed

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

China should jerk the chain more often

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Hard hitting battle beagle screenshot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Man Musk posted:

Yes. It is as clear as day what right and wrong is. You do not need a foil or an insane amount of whataboutism to form an opinion on something so obvious. Whether our reality reflects that is a different matter.

That's correct. We were right and you are wrong.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

how exciting are things going to get if this keeps up?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

beaming thoughtwaves to quantumly will Russia into invading Ukraine so I'm not wrong in the CSPAM Eurasia thread

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

beaming thoughtwaves to quantumly will Russia into invading Ukraine so I'm not wrong in the CSPAM Eurasia thread

In case you're accusing me of willing our reality into existence, I'm not. Honestly, we're like 200 years outgrown the past international legal framework of nation states.

The writing has been on the wall for some time.

It just wasn't worth talking about it with you loser ad infinitum.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Notorious rear end in a top hat's Treaty Organization

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Man Musk posted:

In case you're accusing me of willing our reality into existence, I'm not. Honestly, we're like 200 years outgrown the past international legal framework of nation states.

I'm accusing you of having a meltdown.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Putin recognizing those territories is great news

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm accusing you of having a meltdown.

That's very funny. I'm accusing you of gatekeeping things you are totally unqualified for and quite pretentious to assume.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

fart simpson posted:

how exciting are things going to get if this keeps up?
there's also a looming phosphorous shortage so that'll be very interesting to pile on too

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/02/phosphorus-pollution-fertilizer/617937/
https://phys.org/news/2019-07-phosphate-shortage-dwindling-resource-required.html

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Man Musk posted:

You have been wrong every day for the past 8 years. How does that feel?

but i havent? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They went from "We are withdrawing troops" to "We are sending in troops".

I am asking you to recognize that the circumstances have changed.