Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

A Buttery Pastry posted:

two of those are treason in the uk

oh no looks like them releasing this press report solves the problem of charles becoming king, how could they not have calculated that this would happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
:dudsmile:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jel Shaker posted:

lol that captn toms daughter tried to get herself a £100k a year directorship of their scam charity which has millions stashed away, it’s what he would have wanted i bet she said

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1494804020279615489?s=20&t=QeoXOC9A6jthut3nSzuDKA

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

New Found Power posted:

"The 95-year old queen is going to keep working while sick with covid, just to give the rest of you malingering plebs the message that being ill with a tremendously infectious virus is no excuse to take a day off"

I hate being right sometimes

https://twitter.com/DMReporter/status/1495524644308275205

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lol. She couldn't even be bothered to cut a cake.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
tell me more about the queen "living" with the virus

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

gonadic io posted:

tell me more about the queen "living" with the virus
yeah, didn't prince philipp die?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Did some poor bastard have to dangle a baby in front of that big lizard to get it to smile?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Did some poor bastard have to dangle a baby in front of that big lizard to get it to smile?
covid fucks with your sense of smell but nothing can stop the queen when she gets a waft of adrenochrome

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1495806318812151810?s=20&t=V7PKxcGam2IGZNvhAYR6Bw

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Really is a fool's day

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
So the plan is to just pretend it doesn't exist.

Perfect. Well done everyone. Drinks on me.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

The Queen is going to be announced dead but it will be against the law to say she died of COVID (or has been dead for months).

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
enormous idiot oval office hilary benn identifying one of the many inherent contradictions of this policy

quote:

If you can't get a test, how can you get anti-virals?

Hilary Benn, Labour MP for Leeds Central, asks about anti-viral drugs - noting they work best when given early and that a person has to test positive for Covid first.

How will that work if there are no free lateral flow tests, he asks?

Johnson responds that people who are symptomatic will still be able to get access to testing.

He clarifies - after a further question - that he means people who are vulnerable will be able to get hold of those tests.

it's actually quite devious and worse than he is assuming - in fact when he says "they work best" he should be saying "they work at all". afaik, definitely for monoclonals and paxlovid every existing significant pharmaceutical intervention works at all if you detect the virus as early as possible. so if you can afford routine PCR testing you're the only ones who will get the anti-covid medication, because by the time john q public has to be hospitalized the only things available will be oxygen. if he's lucky.

but of course it would be atrocious to limit treatment based on personal wealth. which is why instead we are limiting the ability to know if you need treatment!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the lft costs 8 quid so at the most with one test per day you’ll cost the exchequer 3 grand per year. however one night in itu costs > 15 grand minimum

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
don't worry they've got a plan to fix that cost to the tax payer too

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

bedpan posted:

lmao that even with the captain tom charity is actually working as a charity, all it does is give a bit of money to other, larger charities

it is a perfect encapsulation of the charity industry. all of the money they raise goes to fundraising expenses, consultants, and salaries for the relatives of the dead captain who work for the charity in exceedingly well-paid jobs

cruel leftists like Corbyn also believed this, where'd Britain be under his tyranny

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

bedpan posted:

lmao that even with the captain tom charity is actually working as a charity, all it does is give a bit of money to other, larger charities

it is a perfect encapsulation of the charity industry. all of the money they raise goes to fundraising expenses, consultants, and salaries for the relatives of the dead captain who work for the charity in exceedingly well-paid jobs

I was involved with Praxis Disability Accomodations for a few years. I once met one of the high-ups (not even the boss). He drove a jaguar.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

How long until a full on mask ban?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I want to see how sweaty BoJo gets when Biden puts the screws to him to start seizing Russian assets stashed in the UK.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

does this mean what I think it means

is covid over

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

open 'er up, guvnuh

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Antonymous posted:

does this mean what I think it means

is covid over

brittania rules the waves of covid will continue unabated

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
I appreciate Boris being honest and admitting that we’ve lost the war to Covid just in time to go out and lose a war to Russia

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/milkgapes/status/1495932322427949069

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zeroisanumber posted:

I want to see how sweaty BoJo gets when Biden puts the screws to him to start seizing Russian assets stashed in the UK.

https://twitter.com/IslingtonChap/status/1496051046938034176
:cawg:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Islington Chap is a great follow. Very on the nose.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is that a parody account or a real melt? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be able to tell.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it's close but this clinches it
https://twitter.com/IslingtonChap/status/1495858100045238281

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
no blue tick is a giveaway

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Refresh my memory - was the "military action in Syria" the one where we were going to work with ISIS against Assad, or the one where we were going to work with Assad against ISIS? Because I remember there being two votes, some time apart.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is that a parody account or a real melt? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be able to tell.

99% sure it's another TBEU account.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jollity Farm posted:

Refresh my memory - was the "military action in Syria" the one where we were going to work with ISIS against Assad, or the one where we were going to work with Assad against ISIS? Because I remember there being two votes, some time apart.

It was the one where the militia backed by the State Department were fighting the militia backed by the CIA

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

thought you were fit enough for work :confused:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

nobody wants to work anymore

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dustcat posted: