Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just checked, IDW seems to be completely walled up DRM Wise for the forseable.

thanks for posting this, I'd been looking for that info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont even know how the gently caress to read all the comics I bought anymore! I literally cannot find them referenced anywhere! what the gently caress

its got all my wishlisted stuff in my 'comixology' list but I cant find where the hell to read stuff I own!

ed: WHY THE gently caress IS IT IN 'DEVICE CONTENT'

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 22, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Breadallelogram posted:

thanks for posting this, I'd been looking for that info

I mean all it means is that I get my backup elsewhere and outwith the reach of IDW's perview.
It sucks but it is what it is and it's more than I'm willing to do with 99.999999999% of this stupid industry's crap.

Really, if not for 2000ad any comic read right to left would have been a write off for me right now.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone else been having issues with stuff not fully downloading even when it says it is downloaded? I've had a few stuff by different publishers only download about 2/3rds of the way through and the rest of the pages are blank. Deleting and redownloading fixes it, but it sucks to run into that problem when I'm most of the way through a volume!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I really hope its brought back, but its just as likely its gone and trashed for good.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh yeah, no, this is a complete write off.

Given Big Two's usual antics when it comes to apocalyptic events I don't expect much movement there and, generally, the little guys take after them for better or worse.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

I mean all it means is that I get my backup elsewhere and outwith the reach of IDW's perview.
It sucks but it is what it is and it's more than I'm willing to do with 99.999999999% of this stupid industry's crap.

Really, if not for 2000ad any comic read right to left would have been a write off for me right now.

The experience of purchasing digital comics is now way, way less convenient than piracy. It's a smart business decision.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh yeah, no, this is a complete write off.

Given Big Two's usual antics when it comes to apocalyptic events I don't expect much movement there and, generally, the little guys take after them for better or worse.

The Big Two will and low key already have used it as an opportunity to cut out the middleman and push people to Unlimited/Infinite

However if it does impact their bottom line, they sure as hell will push back on Amazon or restart their own stores. I think the Marvel one still technically exists, and the app is a fork of Comixology 3.0

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Which might not be as bad if DC Infinite was actually available in my country.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Which might not be as bad if DC Infinite was actually available in my country.

:ssh: It's not available here either, but if my ip says I'm in NY they don't care.

The Web reader for Infinite is actually really good as well.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

:ssh: It's not available here either, but if my ip says I'm in NY they don't care.

The Web reader for Infinite is actually really good as well.

They don't care about your credit card address? Maybe I'll try at some point then. I usually only futz about with VPN stuff for my laptop to watch crappy British TV, never tried it on my phone where I do all my MU and Comixology reading.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

They don't care about your credit card address? Maybe I'll try at some point then. I usually only futz about with VPN stuff for my laptop to watch crappy British TV, never tried it on my phone where I do all my MU and Comixology reading.

You can use PayPal

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That does raise the question of why I'm doing :filez: to pay DC and reward them for Region Locking.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021

B33rChiller posted:

Same in Canada. They made it impossible to purchase anything, even if I could find it.
Great job.

It's easy! Just
  • Log out of amazon.ca
  • Go on comixology.com while logged out so you can see what's out
  • Copy-paste any titles that interest you in a notepad file
  • Log back in amazon.ca
  • Search for every title individually
  • Wade through TPBs because that's what's more popular
  • Find the series you're looking for, except it's to pre-order a future issue because that's the "most recent issue"
  • Find the series link
  • Find the issue that just came out
  • Insta-buy with one click
  • Repeat for each new release

I'm all for being able to use the Amazon gift cards I get from work on comics, and finally having access to some Comixology Unlimited books included in Prime Reading, but holy poo poo this is annoying.

Fingers crossed Canada gets proper implementation of Comixology soon, but otherwise I think I'll be exploring what's on Prime Reading for the next little while... Like Initial D!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We have a weekly shipping thread that includes every major US publisher, and is updated weekly.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I permanently removed some awful free comics that I downloaded ages ago and they still keep showing up. Bet if anything I didn’t want gone was accidentally deleted it would stay that way.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Trucker Hat posted:

It's easy! Just
  • Log out of amazon.ca
  • Go on comixology.com while logged out so you can see what's out
  • Copy-paste any titles that interest you in a notepad file
  • Log back in amazon.ca
  • Search for every title individually
  • Wade through TPBs because that's what's more popular
  • Find the series you're looking for, except it's to pre-order a future issue because that's the "most recent issue"
  • Find the series link
  • Find the issue that just came out
  • Insta-buy with one click
  • Repeat for each new release

I'm all for being able to use the Amazon gift cards I get from work on comics, and finally having access to some Comixology Unlimited books included in Prime Reading, but holy poo poo this is annoying.

Fingers crossed Canada gets proper implementation of Comixology soon, but otherwise I think I'll be exploring what's on Prime Reading for the next little while... Like Initial D!

Easy Peasy, humble bundles it is then!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, it might suck, but even if the changes aren't a total deal-breaker for you, it might be worth not buying anything via 'Comixology' for the next little while, because the only thing that's liable to make them take notice is if revenue suddenly plummets.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cant do that. I stopped buying comics around the start of the pandemic

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
iPad is full and haven’t finished redownloading all the stuff I had in the previous app.

Seems like it’s taking ~100GB extra than before. It’s a big library but it shouldn’t be that much bigger. I had about 400 GB downloaded previously.

There’s also a big discrepancy in what it reports and what the iPad shows. It says 150GB but the iPad is showing it’s almost at the 1TB limit.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

What a pile of steaming poo poo they’ve turned this into. gently caress you Bezos.

It was genuinely really nice to be able to read comics every week on my tablet with a minimum of fuss, like it was a stress relief thing for me after work etc. It’s minor in the grand scheme but I’m pissed.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

New Oni Press Humble Bundle
52 items for $25, with a wide assortment of stuff & almost all of it is volumes and novels, not individual comics.

Don't forget to adjust your payment split. Ziff-Davis gets at least a 30% cut, but the default is 40%.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Baby Proof posted:

52 items for $25, with a wide assortment of stuff & almost all of it is volumes and novels, not individual comics.

Don't forget to adjust your payment split. Ziff-Davis gets at least a 30% cut, but the default is 40%.

Queen and Country plus Scott Pilgrim alone makes this worth it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A lot of my books just dont have any info on them anymore:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Should be a line underneath that saying "First two volumes of Heathen are real solid though"

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
App was updated. Still sucks.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Baby Proof posted:

This looks pretty sweet, although one thing that always bothers me about these bundles is that it's hard to tell which things in it are complete - e.g. are the four volumes of Queen and Country there the complete run, or will I end up needing to track down another four elsewhere?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

This looks pretty sweet, although one thing that always bothers me about these bundles is that it's hard to tell which things in it are complete - e.g. are the four volumes of Queen and Country there the complete run, or will I end up needing to track down another four elsewhere?

There were four volumes in the "complete" Queen & Country set, though I think there's been a story or two since then that are not part of that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DC Universe Infinite is 50% off an annual membership ($37.49) tomorrow only.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Has anyone tried using that abroad?

e: I downloaded and can access it with a VPN.

Can you download things and then read them offline afterwards?

ee: Can’t pay because my PayPal isn’t American.

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 1, 2022

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I can't pay cuz it just gives errors on card info
I'm American
It's American
Works everywhere
Just not here

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just used in the US, but the code didn't activate. On a 7-day trial for the moment, but sent a message into support.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hadji murad posted:

Has anyone tried using that abroad?

e: I downloaded and can access it with a VPN.

Can you download things and then read them offline afterwards?

ee: Can’t pay because my PayPal isn’t American.

Huh. It's been working for me for about a year with my PayPal. Maybe because I signed up before it switched over to Infinite?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I assume/hope that’s for new customers only because motherfucker my sub just renewed last month

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

I assume/hope that’s for new customers only because motherfucker my sub just renewed last month

New and returning customers, but as far as I can tell active subscribers can't get it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Be great if they could get it figured out for Canada. I can get why we don't have comixology unlimited since that's a lot of different companies to negotiate with, but you'd think DC could sort it pretty easily for their own stuff.
(and yes I realize the answer is "they don't give a poo poo" but still, seems like not a lot of effort for easy money for them)

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

The Modern Leper posted:

Just used in the US, but the code didn't activate. On a 7-day trial for the moment, but sent a message into support.

Please post what you find out as I seem to be in the same situation - code worked, said I'd get charged $37, went through paypal, but I'm now on the 7-day trial until March 8. Presumably the system would just bill the $37 on the 8th but there's no way to see this.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I was a lapsed subscriber and had no issues using the code to renew my subscription at a discount. I'm guessing the seven-day trial is loving things up but I'd be surprised if people were charged the full price afterwards. Then again, DC's ability to gently caress things up continually astounds me.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Zachack posted:

Please post what you find out as I seem to be in the same situation - code worked, said I'd get charged $37, went through paypal, but I'm now on the 7-day trial until March 8. Presumably the system would just bill the $37 on the 8th but there's no way to see this.

Hey, I didn't even get this confirmation. I think you'll be okay, since at least you saw the $37 figure, but I'll keep the thread updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood
I'm also a new subscriber and on the 7-day trial now. The code seemed to work. On the payment page, it said this:

First Bill: 03/08/2022
You will be charged 37.49 (+tax) after your 7-day DC UNIVERSE INFINITE trial period ends.

I screen shotted this just in case based on this thread. The confirmation page and welcome email don't mention price at all. Unless something is really wrong with their back end, however, it should be half off when the bill comes due.