Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Making ahooga faces from all the cum in my nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Aw hell yea that's the way to start off a new page

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Karate Bastard posted:

Now I'm imagining all of those awful anime horny faces having accompanying horny Tex Avery sound effects and their curse is lifted.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Karate Bastard posted:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Are all pyf threads designed by Boeing?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm nose pregnant.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You absolutely could artificially grind chicken bones into oil, but thanks to a little law of physics known as the Law of Conservation of Energy, the process would cost more electricity than you could obtain by burning the resulting chicken oil.

That's not exactly how conservation of energy works. There's some fat in chicken bones that you could burn for energy, which comes from the food the chicken eats. But it's a small percentage of the bone, so it's more economical to turn the bones into fertilizer.

The British discovered that penguins are high enough in fat that they can be used to fuel coal-powered steam engines.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Karate Bastard posted:

Breetai posted:

Now I'm imagining all of those awful anime horny faces having accompanying horny Tex Avery sound effects and their curse is lifted.

:hmmyes:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Chamale posted:

That's not exactly how conservation of energy works. There's some fat in chicken bones that you could burn for energy, which comes from the food the chicken eats. But it's a small percentage of the bone, so it's more economical to turn the bones into fertilizer.

The British discovered that penguins are high enough in fat that they can be used to fuel coal-powered steam engines.

What could be more British Empire than methodically setting fire to the cutest creatures you can think of until discovering one species with industrial utility

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I've heard of whalers burning penguins to boil whale oil. Good for the economy, I'm sure.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Chamale posted:

I was not prepared for this level of psychic damage on a Monday morning.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Breetai posted:

Something's lifted alright.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Breetai posted:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Breetai posted:

the penguin in question, the great auk(technically not a penguin but it looked pretty much exactly like one), ended up going extinct purely by virtue of being too useful

standard practice was to grab one, pluck off all of its feathers and down for use in clothing. then, if you needed a fire, you'd just take a match to it: they were so oily that they'd burn for hours. you could cook the bird's eggs, which were large and delicious, over its own burning body. and, of course, you'd eat it too, when it had been on fire long enough to cook.

they did not bother killing them first

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

cock hero flux posted:

the penguin in question, the great auk(technically not a penguin but it looked pretty much exactly like one), ended up going extinct purely by virtue of being too useful

standard practice was to grab one, pluck off all of its feathers and down for use in clothing. then, if you needed a fire, you'd just take a match to it: they were so oily that they'd burn for hours. you could cook the bird's eggs, which were large and delicious, over its own burning body. and, of course, you'd eat it too, when it had been on fire long enough to cook.

I hope you grow tastebuds in your butthole.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

cock hero flux posted:

when Allah forbade a child being cooked in mother's milk this is what he saw in his eye.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Breetai posted:

I hope you grow tastebuds in your butthole.

A butthole that licks back would be something to behold.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Karate Bastard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIwCyVLeWvU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vitruvian Manic posted:

when Allah forbade a child being cooked in mother's milk this is what he saw in his eye.

Allah could conceive of hell but even he in his wisdom couldn't predict the british empire

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

cock hero flux posted:

Humanity really was a mistake

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Karate Bastard posted:

I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me

Get a kleenex, you're about to make a real mess

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ahooga chucker

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Robobot posted:

How do they turn a body into diamonds? Seems like if they could put enough pressure on a human body to turn the carbon into gemstones we should be able to toss old chicken bones into the same machine and make oil.

Please note: I have no idea how diamonds or oil is made besides pressure/time.

It's an extra fee, but some of the corpse diamond places prefer that give them the whole body. With the body the could just char broil it for a while to get some good carbon, and then cremate the rest. Looks like some others just use hair.

It takes heat and pressure but they cut down on the time by keeping everything in ideal conditions. Putting a handful of carbon in a machine that will keep it at high pressure and 900-1200 degrees Celsius for weeks, not centuries.

https://eterneva.com/loved-ones/
https://www.brilliantearth.com/news/how-lab-created-diamonds-are-made/

We don't use similar methods to make oil because there are cheaper ways to make oil. Oil mostly isn't made out of long deceased dinosaurs, but rather out of long decayed vegetation (from back before microorganisms evolved to digest cellulose). So we cut out a bunch of steps and just make oil out of corn. We still pump oil out of the ground because it's cheaper to dig "free" oil out of the ground rather than making it out of plants.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Price from $3k to "well over" $10k. If I'm spending that kind of money on sentiment I'd rather ship my brain to the Russians in a bag of ice so I have a 1 in 10^10 chance of waking up in Futurama, just saying.

Also, source on the carbon not being from the actual body:
https://pagesix.com/2019/10/15/mark-cuban-backed-cremation-diamond-company-is-a-scam-experts-say/

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Outrail posted:

Humanity really was a mistake

humans were created by God in order to cleanse the Earth of those birds who, in their hubris and indolence, turned their backs on the wondrous gift of flight that He gave them

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hopefully we find a way to burn ducks. vile creatures

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

swans are the worst tho

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

my mother made the worst burnt-to-a-crisp duck l'orange. does that count?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Fish of hemp posted:

I've always wondered that what is the god of the most insignificant thing. Like is there a god of buttonholes or god of pocket lint?

Alhazred posted:

Cardea was goddess of door hinges.

Barry Foster posted:

and Cardeb was goddess of damp passages

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:redflag: didja know today was no probation day?????? :redflag:

Workedshoot posted:

THAT MEANS I'M UNTOUCHABLE, ASSHOLES!!

MODS CAN'T DO poo poo TO ME!!!!!

WAT U THINK ABOUT THEM APPLES?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"What are you gonna do, ban me?"

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Chamale posted:

Oh god what? ...How?

I can't get rid of the image of cheery Victorian stokers ribbing each other as they shovel squirming Emperor Penguins, bound hand and foot, into the roaring firebox.

Edit: I appreciate the explanation about the Great Auk very much (named for the only thing it had time to say, I assume). But the steam locomotive thing is still another level.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Salt Fish posted:

Forums: 1
Hopes and dreams : 0

We did it everyone.

A very versatile quote

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

duodenum posted:

Like a Eucharist crumb falling to the floor accidentally and being eaten by a rat, can the rat be said to have received communion and consumed the literal body of Christ?

Blood Boils posted:

For the last time, yes

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cum thing
You make my nose sting
You make everything ...... sticky

*goopy

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

To this day I sometimes involuntarily crack up at the mental image of some British explorers freezing their tits off out in the Fauklands and reaching over for another live penguin to chuck onto the bonfire

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

To this day I sometimes involuntarily crack up at the mental image of some British explorers freezing their tits off out in the Fauklands and reaching over for another live penguin to chuck onto the bonfire

they also used to use the Galapagos Giant Tortoise as a way to store potable water, since they have a big storage pouch for it somewhere in their torso which is readily accessible if you flip them over and cut them open. this practice didn't last too long, since they realized pretty quickly that they were going to run out of tortoises(which were also so delicious that darwin famously spent most of his initial description of the species talking about how best to cook them), but conceivably there exists in history a scene of a group of intrepid British explorers idly plucking live penguins and hurling them onto a bonfire while casually refilling their canteens from the gaping chest wound of an overturned giant tortoise as it makes sad, slow, dying turtle moans

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

cock hero flux posted:

they also used to use the Galapagos Giant Tortoise as a way to store potable water, since they have a big storage pouch for it somewhere in their torso which is readily accessible if you flip them over and cut them open. this practice didn't last too long, since they realized pretty quickly that they were going to run out of tortoises(which were also so delicious that darwin famously spent most of his initial description of the species talking about how best to cook them), but conceivably there exists in history a scene of a group of intrepid British explorers idly plucking live penguins and hurling them onto a bonfire while casually refilling their canteens from the gaping chest wound of an overturned giant tortoise as it makes sad, slow, dying turtle moans

The TRUE Full English Breakfast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha I'm so proud of myself

:haw: