Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Nooooo

https://twitter.com/marklanegan/status/1496208436874428424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

I waited for this. I'm a sad, sad individual.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

2:22 on 2/2/22

Wrong time zone.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Russia has moved into eastern Ukraine. US and Europe imposing sanctions. I guess we wait and see if Russia keeps pressing or not. I don't really think sanctions will do anything against Russia, I think Putin wants all of Ukraine, but maybe he's just bluffing.

Sanctions ain't gonna do poo poo to Russia. Cuba and Iran are still trucking along and they've had sanctions against them for loving ever, and Russia is way less dependent on imports than either of them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do you get 2, or 8? Or maybe we should multiply the 2's, 16 tacos!

please express how many tacos you want, using two's compliment

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Sanctions ain't gonna do poo poo to Russia. Cuba and Iran are still trucking along and they've had sanctions against them for loving ever, and Russia is way less dependent on imports than either of them.

While I agree sanctions probably won't work, there's a critical difference here. Cuba and Iran both had Russia as a willing import/export partner throughout their sanctions, and that partner was large enough and diversified enough to provide most of the essential supplies those nations needed, as well as plenty of military equipment to buy.

I don't know if China will participate in sanctions, though. I imagine not. Russia can probably get by without European imports/exports, energy deals, finances, etc. but if China doesn't offer enough to compensate for being cut off from Europe, there's nobody else who can.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Who's getting tacos today?

I do this 4x a week

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/darth_nudelholz/status/1495097139868979202?s=21

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

To be honest I'm disinclined to listen to any american international policy wonk or media outlet on the Russian / Ukranian dispute because the american read on just about every situation in the world has been wrong for over twenty years and it was US foreign policy that helped create or at least accelerate this mess.

I don't at all trust Vladimir Putin and I don't put too much stock into the argument that Ukranian Russian borders were drawn up by the communist regime and then reinforced in 1991 after the collapse of a deeply flawed, brutal ideology either. The Obama administration quite literally helped stage a coup in the Ukraine utilising extreme right wing militias in the west and eastern regions of the country and created a hotbed of violence in the border region. The photos that have been circulating of old people being drilled on how to use an AK in the ukraine on twitter and instagram etc over the last few weeks are people being trained largely by Ukrainian neo-nazi extremists who believe the region needs to be cleansed of ethnic russians and began what could only be considered pogroms against ethnic russians living in the region. The whole need for Russian intervention in those territories was as a result.

When the Minsk 2 Agreement was made it was virtually built to fail as it didn't include provisions for a mutual cease fire and instead demanded the surrender of the Russian militias in the region - these weren't just russian troops in civilian clothes either - they were mostly Russians who had been living in the region. The accord also lead to the right wing Ukranian militias believing they'd been abandoned by the regime they helped install and lead to open rebellion against their own government.

This was all directly caused by intervention in the region designed by Victoria Nuland (her husband was one of the geniuses behind the Iraq plan).

Robert Parry who uncovered and exposed the Iran Contra affair wrote about this extensively before his death in 2018 and he believed the region could become a crisis worse than Iraq if the US pattern of supporting the Ukrainian government continued.

Russia might be sabre rattling about an invasion of the country writ large but they wouldn't because they can't hold the region and occupy it without sinking into a quagmire similar to what the US did in Iraq and Afghanistan - the region simply has too many warring violent factions that are well armed and happy to kill Russians. It's more likely that what's been predicted already is the case and that's that they'll push into the eastern region, pacify the areas that are largely ethnic russian and solidify the borders and as much as that's a gross and bitter pill to swallow its probably the best solution long term. An alternative plan should have been floated earlier like a Russian purchase of the territories which would have provided some much needed investment into the Ukraine as a country peace keepers from the EU and NATO should have been brought in to protect against reprisals from either the Russian militias or the Ukrainian ones in the region while whatever solutions for displaced people were devised.

Putin isn't the good guy and the hero worship some people on the right have for him is pretty loving gross and Russia aren't the victims here either, they've been meddling in the region just as much but US interference in the region has only made things that much worse and NATO has drastically over stepped its remit in years past in the region adding to the tensions tbh everyone should just get the gently caress out of the way and let the fire burn out because at this point everyone talking tough and pushing for direct action is just pouring fuel on the fire.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Americans haven’t “been wrong about foreign policy for twenty years”. Many Americans realized ahead of time that most of the National FP policies were stupid and cruel.

Luckily, the greatest country on earth is not beholden to the whims of its populace nor fleeting concepts such as “effectiveness” or “compassion”.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Whomst among us

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1496229992191119364?s=20&t=A7vTcobWf0sJcMxRl3uBkw

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Americans haven’t “been wrong about foreign policy for twenty years”. Many Americans realized ahead of time that most of the National FP policies were stupid and cruel.

Luckily, the greatest country on earth is not beholden to the whims of its populace nor fleeting concepts such as “effectiveness” or “compassion”.

I meant your government's not you guys.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Najeh Davenport has a kindred spirit in laundry basket expelling.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hitting follow as hard as I can

https://twitter.com/bad2sentence/status/1495791381280927748?s=21

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

I meant your government's not you guys.

Jokes on you I've been Henry Kissinger the whole time

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

...[german]... philips hue fantasy......

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Is it still impolite to stare if they’re programmed to do a Christmas show or sync with the music or something else similar?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
purely utilitarian

edit: it was an april fool http://www.lucerneclinic.ch/lumen-en/

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 22, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
"Borax won't clean that."
"Not with a quitter's attitude like that."

Let your imagination do the rest.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

A buddy of mine has his kitchen and living room done up with those color changing lights and todays his wedding anniversary so of course I sent them to him as a gift idea for his wife.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Qwijib0 posted:

purely utilitarian

edit: it was an april fool http://www.lucerneclinic.ch/lumen-en/

Boooooooo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
What if someone hacked the implants so the hacker could control the color?

Could someone else control the color and set it beforehand like using the Nest App to turn the heat on while going home?
"Hey honey, I'll be home in ten, I'm turning the headlights on :heysexy:"

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 23, 2022

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

First thought, this is definitely a joke.

Second thought, if this is real I am intrigued.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

How did people who thought that wasn't a joke imagine the whole battery/power situation worked?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Leperflesh posted:

How did people who thought that wasn't a joke imagine the whole battery/power situation worked?

Please consult the documentary The Matrix.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

Boobtooth

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Leperflesh posted:

regenerative motorboating

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

x2

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Well, ratfarts. It would appear my launch-era PS4 (I bought it in late 2014) has given up the ghost. drat thing just shut off while I was watching YouTube TV today, and now it flat-out refuses to turn on, not even in safe mode.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

BlindSite posted:

tbh everyone should just get the gently caress out of the way and let the fire burn out because at this point everyone talking tough and pushing for direct action is just pouring fuel on the fire.

1. I’m just a guy that watches college football and it’s probably better this way because the level of Curtis LeMay in my brain is way too high right now.

2. We’re getting really close to a phase where egos are in play and the act of saving face won’t allow backing down. We already have both sides rattling sabers louder and louder for similar but not identical reasons - NATO trying to prove its reason to exist by talking tough on Russian and starting sanctions and moving up from there, and Putin trying to not show weakness in front of his generals and oligarch patrons and pulling more technically-not-war actions to do so. Someone is going to have to set their ego aside or we’re all going to talk ourselves into a direct confrontation.

I’m really glad this is happening in 2022 and not 1982.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m no foreign policy expert but a) always assume the US government is acting in bad faith, b) Putin is an oil billionaire, a murderer and an authoritarian, and c) the only people who stand to gain from this situation are the worst people on earth.

Ordinary people will suffer immense consequences and make all the sacrifices.

In short, gently caress everyone involved in this nonsense. May all the deciders die of swift and aggressive rectal cancer.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
There's some grim humor in watching China nervously shuffle about as they want to keep ties with their buddy in loving over the West but on the other hand acknowlding break away states as legitimate brings up some awkward questions they wouldn't want answers to

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
While talking about white nationalists leaping to Putin's defense using the Russian ethnic population of the donbas (just shy of 40%) to justify invasion, Knowledge Fight pointed out that by their logic, Mexico has a right to annex Texas, because just shy of 40% of the Texas population is Mexican.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

There's some grim humor in watching China nervously shuffle about as they want to keep ties with their buddy in loving over the West but on the other hand acknowlding break away states as legitimate brings up some awkward questions they wouldn't want answers to

ding ding ding

LeeMajors posted:

I’m no foreign policy expert but a) always assume the US government is acting in bad faith, b) Putin is an oil billionaire, a murderer and an authoritarian, and c) the only people who stand to gain from this situation are the worst people on earth.

Ordinary people will suffer immense consequences and make all the sacrifices.

In short, gently caress everyone involved in this nonsense. May all the deciders die of swift and aggressive rectal cancer.

:haibrow:

Timby posted:

Well, ratfarts. It would appear my launch-era PS4 (I bought it in late 2014) has given up the ghost. drat thing just shut off while I was watching YouTube TV today, and now it flat-out refuses to turn on, not even in safe mode.

outside chance it's the hard drive? I think that happened on my (early era) PS4 as well, and changing out for a new hard drive and then adding the firmware update via USB got it to work.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Spoeank posted:

While talking about white nationalists leaping to Putin's defense using the Russian ethnic population of the donbas (just shy of 40%) to justify invasion, Knowledge Fight pointed out that by their logic, Mexico has a right to annex Texas, because just shy of 40% of the Texas population is Mexican.

They said 40% latino and then conceded that this doesn't mean 40% mexican

But yeah the argument is absurd either way

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1496308470383099906?s=20&t=hVJ6TNtRBlZ3HEMB4KP6AQ

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I had a guy make it to 102, his heir was like 85 :v:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

A guy in the CK3 thread had someone make it to 118.

Nam Taf posted:

Had my oldest ever ruler die last night.

He had whole of body, the dog walking buff, and several others I don't recall off the top of my head.

He hit infirm at something like 70 but his overall health stayed 'fine' thanks to the positive buffs. At 112 the 'you're about to die' popup appeared when he caught smallpox, only for it to disappear when he recovered from it at 113.

Naturally, you can imagine how completely and terribly everything subsequently went to poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The FF6 Pixel Remaster looks like poo poo and I'm mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
dancing mad?