Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

HolePisser1982 posted:

i keep getting this animal video in my youtube recommends and i keep lolling thinking about the prisoner class

Hizke posted:

Inchtresting. All my youtube recommendations are yugioh, vtubers and forging blades from video games and anime. Veeeery telling. [raises an eyebrow]

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i keep getting this animal video in my youtube recommends and i keep lolling thinking about the prisoner class

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I assumed that would be the deprived class but there’s one even lower down lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

obviously i'm goin wretch. what kind of fool wants to start with loot and poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s also actually level 1. Lolling remembering deprived in das being like one of the best starting classes stats wise and the club owning

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my firxst death in ds3 came when i tried the fully charged r2 and i started laughing so hard i didnt notice that something was killing me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Thinking about quitting my job to play Elden Ring

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

British YouTuber: Hey guys we've got it. We've gone and got it. That's right. Ewdon Ring, in the buiwden. Let's have a go.

jumpcut to him smacking his naked rear end and scream crying like nicocado

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Animals that asked the Elden Ring Fextralife wiki for help

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Well, despite the fact I've never beaten a souls game and haven't played half of them, I came into some money so I guess I'll be playing release.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
KEEP POSTING
I'M PRELOADING

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

xbox gamers be advised that you get $6 back for buying the game. go into the xbox rewards app on the console and scroll down to the elden ring tile

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
playstation 5 gamers be aware that the dualsense sixaxis motion control gyroscope feature of the playstation 5 dualsense controller can once again be used to activate gestures.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

playstation 5 gamers be aware that the dualsense sixaxis motion control gyroscope feature of the playstation 5 dualsense controller can once again be used to activate gestures.

The Playstation 5 has done it again.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

scary ghost dog posted:

:worship:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bazing… or some say bazinga

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ROBBYDUDE/status/1496278865731330051?t=XW2HRYC6iBrEciuf4lz2pg&s=19

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

solaire, beholding the sun: oh, bazinga!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chandler Bing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

xbox gamers be advised that you get $6 back for buying the game. go into the xbox rewards app on the console and scroll down to the elden ring tile

Xbox Stays Winning.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-jolly-cooperation-of-localising-dark-souls

This is a cool read. I didn't realize that basically one guy has done all the english localization for everything from Demon's Souls to Elden Ring. There are also several examples where he'd come up with the english phrasing for something and then Miyazaki would go back and change the Japanese script to match

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

This is a cool read. I didn't realize that basically one guy has done all the english localization for everything from Demon's Souls to Elden Ring. There are also several examples where he'd come up with the english phrasing for something and then Miyazaki would go back and change the Japanese script to match

Oh my God.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Preload available on PS today folks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

God that makes so much sense lol.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They just cannot help themselves lol

Game Journalism posted:

Fascinatingly, this division is mirrored in the act of translation. “The Japanese language does not state plurality as regularly as English,” Morris notes, “and so the Souls of Lords may have been translated as the Soul of a Lord, but the appearance of Nito, the Witch of Izalith, Gwyn, and the pygmy tells us that several actors discovered multiple Souls of Lords.” Thus, translating Dark Souls from Japanese to English can be said to perform the game's own creation myth. Moving between languages splits the one into many.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I can't believe he came up with the idea of putting more than one Dark Soul in Dark Souls

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Cant believe a localisation issue was the reason why the 2nd half of Dark Souls sucked so much

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The translator seems cool because translating is cool to read about and he is also the exact same kind of retarded as Miyazaki. The journalist is awful and just lol at his bio

"Edwin is a critic and maker of poemy artefacts who tweets under @dirigiblebill. He has a particular interest in eating, solar systems, found or erasure-based art and cosmic or speculative horror. If you are creating something involving any or all of these by all means get in touch."

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I too am interested in things that keep me alive, like eating.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He is every IZ joke at once

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I hope this game brings back boss tail weapons tbh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

The translator seems cool because translating is cool to read about and he is also the exact same kind of retarded as Miyazaki. The journalist is awful and just lol at his bio

"Edwin is a critic and maker of poemy artefacts who tweets under @dirigiblebill. He has a particular interest in eating, solar systems, found or erasure-based art and cosmic or speculative horror. If you are creating something involving any or all of these by all means get in touch."

Yeah the quotes are mostly all great, but you can really tell the dipshit journalist both doesn't exactly get it and is really trying to stretch that word count lmfao.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao