Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Check the eyelines. Serpent's gonna win that one, their target isn't the mithkabobs.

The great cataclysm! Faithfully recreated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Check the eyelines. Serpent's gonna win that one, their target isn't the mithkabobs.

well that's the 7.0 final boss and raid series covered

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

a face that positively screams I WILL DEVOUR THY FLESH, INTERLOPER

or possibly just SCREE

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
My God *is* an awesome God. Also a snake with teeth.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't believe it's not "Wild Freaks"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's always gonna WILD FREAKS to me!!!!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

same, what

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That's got to be a typo.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

It's better than in Footfalls where the singer pronounces "thrives" like "threeves" :v:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is the most cursed thing I've ever seen in my life.

I stand corrected.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

All y'all need your hearing checked, god drat.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Finally cleared P3S :toot:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stormblood Post-msqI feel real dumb for not recognizing Gaius earlier, his outfit is basically the same just missing the armor. I love how they don't even try to justify him surviving

"But didn't you die?"

"No."

And that's that I'm not even mad. I miss his old voice though, but at least his love of chewing scenery hasn't changed.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Detheros posted:

All y'all need your hearing checked, god drat.

THE CHICKEN TENDERSSSSSSS

Electric Phantasm posted:

Stormblood Post-msqI feel real dumb for not recognizing Gaius earlier, his outfit is basically the same just missing the armor. I love how they don't even try to justify him surviving

"But didn't you die?"

"No."

And that's that I'm not even mad. I miss his old voice though, but at least his love of chewing scenery hasn't changed.

I am still angry we never got that coat as a glamour. W.T. Christ, SE. Where's my Shadowhunter duster?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

leveing dnc to have a phys range i don't loathe in my back pocket when needed to fill in for stuff

they took away aoe procs in single target rotations :negative:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kaubocks posted:

leveing dnc to have a phys range i don't loathe in my back pocket when needed to fill in for stuff

they took away aoe procs in single target rotations :negative:

Yeah, but you get esprit from your own attacks now, 100% of the time, so it evens out.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah but now Flourish gives other things to press, which was the only reason you had aoe procs during your single target anyways.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If dancer still got separate ST and AoE procs, the burst phase at 80+ would be completely ridiculous. It's one of those changes that seems bad on paper but actually works out for the better when viewed as part of the whole kit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"But didn't you die?"

"No."

I figured it was him when he showed up and started using Terminus Est after mentioning he had a former relationship with the Scions. I think the camera also pans down to his mask.

Speaking of which, I was wondering something about Endwalker: Are Junia and Annia going to come back? They seemed kind of prolific in design, but they never really pop up again after 5.1.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Is there a striking dummy anywhere, outside of like housing plots, that's just solitary? I'm also leveling DNC, trying to practice a bit and getting really tired of resetting every dummy for the ST rotation.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thundarr posted:

If dancer still got separate ST and AoE procs, the burst phase at 80+ would be completely ridiculous. It's one of those changes that seems bad on paper but actually works out for the better when viewed as part of the whole kit.

Yeah, burst phase is busy enough already without adding in two more GCDs to use per Flourish.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'll take people's word for it. it feels pretty empty at 80, at least.

if they traded it for busier burst window i think i will personally still find that kind of disappointing, because i liked the flow of figuring out how best to spend your aoe procs while also doing mechanics and would have preferred more of that vs "more buttons".

fingers crossed for a more complex phys ranged in uh, 8.0 i guess

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That already exists, it's called BRD

e: still not that complex tho honestly

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Bragon posted:

Is there a striking dummy anywhere, outside of like housing plots, that's just solitary? I'm also leveling DNC, trying to practice a bit and getting really tired of resetting every dummy for the ST rotation.

I can only recall them showing up in sets of three

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kaubocks posted:

i'll take people's word for it. it feels pretty empty at 80, at least.

if they traded it for busier burst window i think i will personally still find that kind of disappointing, because i liked the flow of figuring out how best to spend your aoe procs while also doing mechanics and would have preferred more of that vs "more buttons".

fingers crossed for a more complex phys ranged in uh, 8.0 i guess

By the time you hit 80 you'll have two additional GCD abilities and one additional oGCD that all go in that window.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, EW DNC burst at 90 feels comparably busy-slash-"oh god oh gently caress WHAT IS HAPPENING" as SHB DNC did at 80.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, EW DNC burst at 90 feels comparably busy-slash-"oh god oh gently caress WHAT IS HAPPENING" as SHB DNC did at 80.

Yeah all the buttons you lost get replaced with follow ups on your tech step flourish and defilement so you're actually up 1 button on your open over the ShB 80 rotation

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Having to use the AoE attacks with Flourish didn't feel complicated anyway because I was standing in melee range during bosses anyway, unless there happened to be some sort of spread mechanic at that point. I don't miss having to use those buttons on bosses at all. The shared procs are also very nice for dungeons because it makes switching between single target and AoE feel good.

Bragon posted:

For overworld areas they're in sets of 3 as mentioned, but you can use this as an opportunity to figure out just how far the 15y dance attack range is! Set up just far enough from one of the dummies that your dance only hits that dummy.

Oh I just remembered that there are the Stone Sky Sea dummies. Those are outside Idyllshire, Rhalgr's Reach, Eulmore, and in Palaka's Stand for their respective expansions.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

You can put down a dummy if you go into a dungeon in explorer mode or whatever it’s called

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

iPodschun posted:

Oh I just remembered that there are the Stone Sky Sea dummies. Those are outside Idyllshire, Rhalgr's Reach, Eulmore, and in Palaka's Stand for their respective expansions.

I prefer these to the overworld dummies both for being less annoying for jobs that include AoE attacks in their ST rotations, but also because if you mess up and want to start over you can just leave and reenter to reset your cooldowns.

The downside is that you're limited to until the dummy dies or 3 minutes max, which is fine for learning your rotation from opener through 2-minute burst but isn't helpful if you need to go longer than that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I figured it was him when he showed up and started using Terminus Est after mentioning he had a former relationship with the Scions. I think the camera also pans down to his mask.

I'm pretty sure it did, but after he mentions he's hunting ascians so I mistook it for a low level ascian mask. :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm pretty sure it did, but after he mentions he's hunting ascians so I mistook it for a low level ascian mask. :v:

(post-SB spoilers) Yeah, I'd always parsed that as a full helmet so I didn't recognize the mask at all.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
halfway through shadowbringers. oh i can't wait to KILL vauthry

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

iPodschun posted:

This is perfect, thanks! I figured out the max dance range pretty quickly but it doesn't help much with the several other DNC attacks that cleave unfortunately, since I'm trying to also gather numbers

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

psychoJ posted:

He's one of my favorite antagonists in XIV, honestly.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

psychoJ posted:

did that little twerp just insult me?! :supaburn:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If I have one complaint (and one nitpick) about Shadowbringers' antagonists, it's that (Level 81 - 88 things) Ran'jit suffers from a lack of direction. There's two sides to Ran'jit: the extremely dogged pursuer, and the sad man who doesn't want to see "Minfilia" die anymore in a fight he sees as pointless. Unfortunately, we're shown an absurd amount of the former and just told about the latter. If anything, it would've been nice if he was a dogged pursuer whenever "Minfilia" was involved because he has an intense desire to keep her out of harm's way, even at the cost of her personal freedom. It could've made him a more morally grey character who wants what's best for her, even though it's opposite of her desires for freedom. Instead he just is kinda like "Blah blah, exposition" and otherwise isn't terribly interesting. Amh Araeng visit #2 should've been the dad arc and focused on Thancred and Ran'jit both, with the latter maybe flashing back to some previous instances he spent with "Minfilia".

As far as the nitpick goes, I wish the clowns did more. Or at least turned into Meltigemini.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ran'jit is definitely the weak link in Shadowbringers. You're correct, his motivation isn't something made properly dramatic by the story. Also, personally, I feel his story would have been so, so much better if it ended with the Thancred fight. After that, defeating him as the WoL just feels like an anticlimax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I understand that that would've worked thematically, but I'd have been annoyed if the WoL didn't get to crack their knuckles and just kick Ran'jit's rear end when all was said and done. I've got your number now, old man!