Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Heard a pro-cryotocurrency podcast as one of the adverts in the most recent episodes. That's really not cool (even if I know that Rob doesn't have final say in the adverts).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016

Samovar posted:

Heard a pro-cryotocurrency podcast as one of the adverts in the most recent episodes. That's really not cool (even if I know that Rob doesn't have final say in the adverts).

Same here, last week during one of the nikolai episodes.

Couple of years heard a anti-vaxx podcast ad, but just the one time. Hopefully they can remove bad ads from the rotation.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Samovar posted:

Same! I think it’s another iHeart show but still, maybe do a crumb of audience research before slapping in whatever advert into a slot.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Finally watching the live show and I’m weirdly geeking out? Sophie’s plant situation is beautiful and I’m jealous?? Prop is adorable? Robert is…in a robe?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

teen witch posted:

Finally watching the live show and I’m weirdly geeking out? Sophie’s plant situation is beautiful and I’m jealous?? Prop is adorable? Robert is…in a robe?

He always did say his retirement plan is to lead a cult compound in the woods.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

teen witch posted:

Just wait til Garrison shows up. They're so delightful

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
OMG GARRISON why, why didn’t Garrison get their own square

also as a KLF fan I guess it’s time to read the illuminatus trilogy, huh.

E: Saddam Hussain meows just like my black kitty boy omg aaaaaaaa this episode is wild as hell

teen witch fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 23, 2022

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

teen witch posted:

OMG GARRISON why, why didn’t Garrison get their own square

also as a KLF fan I guess it’s time to read the illuminatus trilogy, huh.

E: Saddam Hussain meows just like my black kitty boy omg aaaaaaaa this episode is wild as hell

The illuminatus trilogy is my all time favourite book and genuinely changed my life.

Post q anon I can't get past the first chapter.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
In the tsar nicholas episodes when discussing around the 1905 revolution im a little surprised that they didnt brought up Bloody sunday.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
so definitely no WYE this week. I fully do not blame them, because yeah 2022 just really…yeah, wow. I figure any episode is going to be a hard listen, Knowledge Fight’s latest is proving to be a challenge.

In lieu of that, the It Could Happen Here episode A Dispatch From Ukraine, despite being sadly outdated in one key factor, is worth a listen. VagrantJourno is out of Kyiv as of this post, but goddamn, gently caress. I really like their analysis and their cautious optimism, and now this.

I hope you all are doing ok, wherever you all may be.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

can somebody mail me a machete? plz and thx in advance

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Sorry, those are by prescription only in BC. Please speak with your reverend doctor of macheticine.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The latest It Could Happen Here on the journalist leaving Ukraine is a tough listen, especially if you have dealt similar situations in your life - so heads up. It’s drat well worth a listen but I’m taking some breathers.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
BRIGHT SPOT!!!! New episode with Dan and Jordan from KF!!! YESSSSSSSSS

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
WYE gonna be a banger today

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SOMEBODY forgot to bleep out Blue Apron in part 1 of the most recent episode :mmmhmm:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

You can't pay for that kind of publicity!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
did he do putin yet?

also i have started listning to nicky episode and one thing struck when he talked about how their arnt really any good guys in the story because the tsar system was so hosed up and opressive that it was never gonna really end well at all when it did implode. and i very much have the same fear that will happen when Russia finally implodes from this horror show.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1502885617755066370

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1502886261899419651

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
It feels fundamentally incorrect to say that I'm excited for this because, y'know, It's About Kissinger, but I will be listening to these on the day they drop and can't stop thinking about how funny it will be seeing Gareth get more and more exasperated as they approach the 9 hour mark.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I hope they didn't tell Gary who the subject is and he doesn't realize until the third episode.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Maybe this will finally break the immortality spell

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Spell is still unbroken. Five to go.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Holy poo poo, I can't believe just how much worse Kissinger was than I'd previously thought--I didn't think it was possible, but here we are.

This whole thing is like a Reverse Dollop, but we also get Gareth losing his poo poo.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I'm pleasantly surprised at this so far, I was kind of worried how they'd jive together.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

zenguitarman posted:

I'm pleasantly surprised at this so far, I was kind of worried how they'd jive together.

they did a two parter on some other piece of poo poo at some point iirc

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Sab Sabbington posted:

Holy poo poo, I can't believe just how much worse Kissinger was than I'd previously thought--I didn't think it was possible, but here we are.

This whole thing is like a Reverse Dollop, but we also get Gareth losing his poo poo.

Yeah, I listened to the first 2, and so far it's wild.

There was a bit of an awkward moment at the end where Anthony seems to subscribe to a theory that Biden pulled back out of Afghanistan to start a war in Ukraine or something?
I dunno, I don't listen to the dollop anymore, I don't know where he's at.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

mrfart posted:

There was a bit of an awkward moment at the end where Anthony seems to subscribe to a theory that Biden pulled back out of Afghanistan to start a war in Ukraine or something?
I dunno, I don't listen to the dollop anymore, I don't know where he's at.

He's gone kinda nuts in that twitter left InfoWars direction. It's still good when it's historical but best to avoid episodes about more recent stuff.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, that was... more than a little jarring from how good the first two episodes had been up to that point. I feel like even Robert was caught off-guard by that claim from how quickly he brushed over it and didn't even try to respond, like he couldn't think of a way to refute that without getting completely sidetracked from the Kissinger conversation and killing the mood.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I used to love the Dollop, but Anthony just got way too toxic during the Trump years. I am probably very ideologically close to Anthony and hate Trump, but he directed his "I hate my loving father" energy into Trump and it just wasn't fun to listen to. I'm absolutely fine with Knowledge Fight's Jordan's screaming rants, though, so maybe I'm the rear end in a top hat.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Nah, Dave has a real nasty streak that Jordan lacks and drifts into a nutty conspiracy world that I think all the Alex Jones has pushed Jordan away from. Dave's got a brainworms thing going on that makes some Dollops hard to listen to now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grand Fromage posted:

Nah, Dave has a real nasty streak that Jordan lacks and drifts into a nutty conspiracy world that I think all the Alex Jones has pushed Jordan away from. Dave's got a brainworms thing going on that makes some Dollops hard to listen to now.

Yeah, Dave's a very angry man, and you hear a lot more of that from him on the West Wing Thing podcast (although his cohost Josh does enjoy needling him and makes it worse).

I think I had heard Dave mention that China had been stockpiling Russian fertilizer for months ahead of the invasion, which would fit into his theory that the world governments knew about it ahead of time

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

I think I had heard Dave mention that China had been stockpiling Russian fertilizer for months ahead of the invasion, which would fit into his theory that the world governments knew about it ahead of time

And this is one of those things that doesn't require a conspiracy--everyone who wasn't a shill was pretty sure Putin was going to attack Ukraine sometime last year, wheat futures started reflecting that back in like October, India started building up export capacity, the whole agriculture world was prepping for it. The people who were caught offguard when it happened were the idiots believing Russian propaganda. World governments did know about it. Most of what the US said in the leadup turned out to be correct, they were clearly getting intelligence from inside the Russian government. Turning that into a conspiracy is stupid.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 23, 2022

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

you missed and killed Albright

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

there are few episodes yet to go :getin:

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016
I've been listening to these episodes and are were sure that Kissinger isn't a lich? My suspicions were raised in the first episode when it was revealed that the dude read books weird. Seems like a wizard to me. We just gotta figure out where his phylactery is.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Hraathgar posted:

I've been listening to these episodes and are were sure that Kissinger isn't a lich? My suspicions were raised in the first episode when it was revealed that the dude read books weird. Seems like a wizard to me. We just gotta figure out where his phylactery is.

Future episode subjects (most likely!) Clarence Thomas, Queen Elizabeth and Vladimir Zhirinovsky are all in the curious condition so

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Hraathgar posted:

I've been listening to these episodes and are were sure that Kissinger isn't a lich? . . . Seems like a Lwizard to me.

Theeere we go :)

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Hraathgar posted:

You really need to read Crooked by Austin Grossman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Hoo boy, it was really hard listening to today's episode of It Could Happen Here. I have no problem with the man doing what he felt he needed to do to protect himself, but someone should have just read out what he said. I couldn't understand most of what he was saying thru the voice changer, and I felt like I was missing out on a lot of useful information