Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He's very successful at proving that gamers are degenerates and games were a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well, gamers who also use Twitter

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

SimonChris posted:

https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1496228529989877760

I am genuinely baffled what point this is supposed to make.

If you put them behind an obviously breakable wall, David would never be able to get that platinum, lol.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Henchman of Santa posted:

In the replies he says like “Never! I would be appalled by such a thing!” but dude why did you even conceive of the idea then?

It's a very dumb idea that's essentially just "what's the most extreme thing you would do for a platinum trophy" which shows a fundamental misunderstanding of abstracted virtual violence, achievement hunting, and video games in general. It's really something.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

SimonChris posted:

New God of War game is going off the rails.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Goons mystified by the concept of polling people to see what they think.

Ah, yes, polling, a situation famous for not having hosed-up questions that reveal deep-seated oddities about the people running the polls.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Neito posted:

Ah, yes, polling, a situation famous for not having hosed-up questions that reveal deep-seated oddities about the people running the polls.

I... what?

e: Anyway what're the results?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

SimonChris posted:

that's not how platinum trophies work though???????

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I... what?

e: Anyway what're the results?

It seemed like you were saying "Polling questions don't mean anything deeper than the question they ask and definitely don't reveal hosed-up biases or thoughts of the asker", which maybe I misinterpreted.

And the results are depressingly gamerrific:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Imagine caring about achievements

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

goblin week posted:

that's not how platinum trophies work though???????

lol i haven’t even had a console in years and this was my first thought

also if you’re an achievement addict then it literally doesn’t matter what’s happening on screen, you’re just trying to check all of the boxes to make the trophy pop. oh poo poo, I have to sacrifice twenty premature babies to get the Infant Slaughterer costume? guess i gotta grind for a couple more minutes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Neito posted:

It seemed like you were saying "Polling questions don't mean anything deeper than the question they ask and definitely don't reveal hosed-up biases or thoughts of the asker", which maybe I misinterpreted.

And the results are depressingly gamerrific:

I don't know why he made that poll. Maybe he hates minorities. Maybe he's writing a thesis. But if I made a poll "Do you support the death penalty?" (which would be an extremely hosed-up thing if it existed) it wouldn't mean I support it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
On the other hand if you instead wrote a paragraph describing a very specific and weird kind of death penalty for no apparent reason, when a more generic question would work just as well, it would be quite suspect.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't know why he made that poll. Maybe he hates minorities. Maybe he's writing a thesis. But if I made a poll "Do you support the death penalty?" (which would be an extremely hosed-up thing if it existed) it wouldn't mean I support it.

You're a goddamn idiot and there's a difference between a poll about a thing that's bad and a poll about a hyper-specific thing that's hosed up

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It would imply you have a reason to be thinking and asking about the death penalty, though. Which isn't terribly suspicious, since the death penalty is a reasonably common thing to discuss when talking about crime and punishment.

If I made a poll saying "should it be acceptable to kill, cook and eat teenage girls" you would be rightfully suspicious of why I'm even asking regardless of how I would answer that question.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

If I made a poll saying "should it be acceptable to kill, cook and eat teenage girls" you would be rightfully suspicious of why I'm even asking regardless of how I would answer that question.

Maybe if Twitter wasn't full of 25-year-old hipsters with 3000 followers posting "I'm gonna eat a child!" at 5 a.m. accompanied by a picture of a kitten someone had photoshopped to look like it had angry eyebrows I'd take this as more seriously indicative of something to do with the poster's persona. :shrug:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Read After Burning posted:

We live in a soul-ciety.

yeah ok byakuya

e:

Detheros posted:

So when do I get my Bankai then?

gently caress

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Very glad David Jaffe is no longer allowed to make games.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

kazil posted:

You're a goddamn idiot and there's a difference between a poll about a thing that's bad and a poll about a hyper-specific thing that's hosed up

I don't think you are mouse buddies, after all.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

https://youtu.be/xOVQPtuKRs4

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

quote:

The animated sitcom The Simpsons mentions the incident in the episode "Two Bad Neighbors" where Bush, during a brawl with Homer Simpson, says "I'll ruin you like a Japanese banquet."

well that line finally makes sense now

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
After this happened a comedian in Japan had a trained monkey that would pretend to throw up when he said "Bush-san" to it

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I have no clue what Cardi B's twitter profile pic is, but her bio is very funny.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm stuck on the idea of a Jewish or Muslim exclusive nightclub.
I'd go to a club where they play remixes of traditional Kurdish music, cause that poo poo slaps hard.

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm just saying that the world would probably be a better place if lewd rappers crushed politicians' balls under their 9" platform stilettos.
This is probably available on clips4sale for $8.99

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"Jewish exclusive nightclub" sounds like the world's worst college Hillel group event

The Flour Moth
May 22, 2001

WHAT HATH PONIES WROUGHT

Zero_Grade posted:

I'd go to a club where they play remixes of traditional Kurdish music, cause that poo poo slaps hard.

Okay now I'm curious. Could you recommend something?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

FFT posted:

Next you'll tell me this drop bear repellent does nothing :colbert:

I'm sorry I lied about the drop bears - its actually just ordinary, household hoop snake repellent.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

FFT posted:

Next you'll tell me this drop bear repellent does nothing :colbert:

It's actually 100% effective!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Loving people interpreting jaffe's posts as though he weren't perennially a 13 year old obsessed with sex and violence.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Not just a trophy, it gives you all of the trophies in the game.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gamers getting confused why they were rewarded over something they were going to do already.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Someone in that thread about the game survey got really upset over someone saying that the term "NPC" was something pro-Trump people used as a dogwhistle.

https://twitter.com/oheldon/status/1496500754819203072?s=20&t=4ImODoAPdt20smIPhOVfhA

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I got the dastardly achievement in the original Red Dead Redemption. That’s my contribution to the discussion.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The Flour Moth posted:

Okay now I'm curious. Could you recommend something?
I'm far from any kind of expert, but here are some street performers in Iran, here's a group from Turkey, and here's a mix of various songs.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

christmas boots posted:

I got the dastardly achievement in the original Red Dead Redemption. That’s my contribution to the discussion.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Someone in that thread about the game survey got really upset over someone saying that the term "NPC" was something pro-Trump people used as a dogwhistle.

https://twitter.com/oheldon/status/1496500754819203072?s=20&t=4ImODoAPdt20smIPhOVfhA

For some reason I kept reading this wrong, thinking you were saying the skully guy was right, then it finally clicked when I went to his profile lol

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Henchman of Santa posted:

"Jewish exclusive nightclub" sounds like the world's worst college Hillel group event

You say that like someone who’s never been to Israeli Folk Dancing Night.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why cant gamers ask wholesome questions like what Yoshi eggs or blue space lady sweat smells/tastes like?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

EL BROMANCE posted:

Gamers getting confused why they were rewarded over something they were going to do already.

:perfect:

christmas boots posted:

I ate the crunchy chicks in Fable. :( I had to turn the sound off, the "bone crunch and sad peeping noise" made me feel like a monster.

Same thing with the...beavers, I think? In Assassin's Creed games. DON'T MAKE THAT SAD NOISE AS I STAB YOU! :smith:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Tiered "No Russian" achievement based on how many civilians you murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

for some reason this is reminding me of Conan's hilarious reaction to Tomb Raider. Time stamped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc&t=369s