Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

goth smoking cloves posted:

He sucks so loving bad but,

I will never understand why gas costing about what it did a decade ago is a huge loving deal but, rent increasing every year forever is cool and good.

no one who matters to politics or media pays rent. they instead see their property values rise, and want to know why everyone isn’t celebrating the Biden boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

goth smoking cloves posted:

He sucks so loving bad but,

I will never understand why gas costing about what it did a decade ago is a huge loving deal but, rent increasing every year forever is cool and good.

rent and food prices going up doesn't hurt capital (at least not directly and immediately)

gas prices do, however, since the cost of transporting everything goes up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i'm sure your average american loves to pay more for gas for any reason at all

even if that reason is vague notions of "defending freedom and democracy" somewhere far away with no concrete goals in mind

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

yellowcar posted:

i'm sure your average american loves to pay more for gas for any reason at all

even if that reason is vague notions of "defending freedom and democracy" somewhere far away with no concrete goals in mind

Americans love nothing more than sacrificing personal wealth and comfort on behalf of foreigners halfway around the world

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

vyelkin posted:

Americans love nothing more than sacrificing personal wealth and comfort on behalf of foreigners halfway around the world

americans love what their facebook groups tell them to love, which is racism, disinformation, and insane conspiracy theories, injected with occasional russian talking point

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/stat...ingawful.com%2F

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

sounds like it's your problem, alex

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Read the replies .... to die

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

gently caress this imperialist running dog. perhaps we could have used the money she authorized for the CIA's shadow war on china to do this? nah. too much to ask i suppose.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Dustcat posted:

americans love what their facebook groups tell them to love, which is racism, disinformation, and insane conspiracy theories, injected with occasional russian talking point

a 2022 unironic :siren: RUSSIANS :siren:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ex post facho posted:

it's not working, i read the replies and i just want to die

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

You know what I'm starting to think the Democratic party might actually lose the midterm elections.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/jacobkschneider/status/1496206547969527816?s=20&t=AtbMZ8SeD3e4_9mmc6TWZA

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

really queer Christmas posted:

lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

ted hitler hunter posted:

You know what I'm starting to think the Democratic party might actually lose the midterm elections.

can't lose what you never had

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

sliders was ahead of its time

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

ex post facho posted:

this is a god-damned lie for anyone reading it and getting their hopes up

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

its not the aviators or ice cream, its the virgin walk meme that i like about biden sorry libs

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Lunar State of America sounds like the Hitler-in-the-bunker stage of the Global Great Patriotic War.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/...ingawful.com%2F

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Biden will only win California (succiest state) in 2024 and nowhere else.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

really queer Christmas posted:

incredible to see in cspam lol. the dumbest loving people alive post here i swear

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Biden will only win California (succiest state) in 2024 and nowhere else.
prolly massachusetts too but lol yeah

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
anyway have a nice run down of the reasons that the dems will get destroyed in 2022 (aside from the obvious failures like no health care and concentration camps and genocides.) like more the stuff that biden has failed on

asking for myself, so that i can show it to people who like dems

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
actually i will start

child tax credit expired because of the dastardly republicans. oh but the dems didnt pass a new one

infrastructure bill failed

supreme court lost for a generation and biden wont even talk about packing it

no green new deal of course

no minimum wage hike

no loan forgiveness

no weed

half of what was promised for the stimulus checks

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Asimo posted:

prolly massachusetts too but lol yeah

the GOP will run presidential candidates in different geographical areas like the whigs against jackson and Baker wins MA

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sinema and the Maverick Winemom party carry AZ

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ELTON JOHN posted:

actually i will start

child tax credit expired because of the dastardly republicans. oh but the dems didnt pass a new one

infrastructure bill failed

supreme court lost for a generation and biden wont even talk about packing it

no green new deal of course

no minimum wage hike

no loan forgiveness

no weed

half of what was promised for the stimulus checks

:aochloe: the dems passed the infrastructure bill sweaty, biden is the new FDR

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
poo poo

well it was probably gutted so i'm just gonna say "passed a half assed infrastructure bill" and still be right

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Are any republicans running on "Biden and the democrats doubled child poverty in 2022" yet?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ELTON JOHN posted:

poo poo

well it was probably gutted so i'm just gonna say "passed a half assed infrastructure bill" and still be right

it was basically a big highway bill but will be even less than what is needed if the democrats go through with a gas tax holiday

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DUMBORATS!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I've bitched about it a lot but what they called infrastructure is really just maintaining or fixing roads and bridges. if you have like hosed up sewers in your neighborhood that cause your sewers to back up when it rains 3" in a day (a more and more common happening now that climate change is accelerating) then you're still stuck yelling at various local government bodies to spend money on infrastructure that they don't have lol