Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr Christmas posted:

I could feel the continuity from the film-based Lovecraftian body horror in Mountains of Dadness to the poo poo they had going on with the Speed Runner, which was cool.

Scary Terry comparing herself to Anne Frank was hilarious.

'I'm sorry for both me AND Anne Frank' was such a good stupid teen line that made me absolutely lose my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pennsylvanian posted:

Flipped on episode 1 and hit play at work just to have something familiar I didn't need to focus too much on.

When I put into the OP, "If you're not sure, try listening up until they meet the Lord of Chaos", I was thinking that that happened near like episode 10, which is roughly the episode count where a lot of actual plays start to pick up steam. No, that happens in like episode 3. It's wild how tight this podcast is.

I just started this too. I knew what was happening with the lord of chaos the moment his height was mentioned but the reveal was still so drat good.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

some truly baffling decisions from matt lol

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

QuoProQuid posted:

some truly baffling decisions from matt lol

It's okay because Beth has it all under control :getin:

The Billy Eilish song was incredible

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

beth just coming up with 'scorpion slut' is truly incredible

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

eke out posted:

beth just coming up with 'scorpion slut' is truly incredible

This was one of those episodes where I kept saying "this will be the iconic bit" over and over and then that happened. I'm really happy with season 2 so far. Matt was spicy in this episode.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

man, beth with magic is gonna be a lot of fun I think

also i'm digging this new theme song

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

All of my feeds seem to think that I want to do nothing but listen to Scorpion Slut.

They're not wrong but

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

All of my feeds seem to think that I want to do nothing but listen to Scorpion Slut.

They're not wrong but

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PXl-RcM-egY

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Thanks for recommending we’ve listened to a few commuting and it’s fun. Their quick adaptations to the improv are fun.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Insane argument on Teen Talk this week

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I could listen to an entire podcast that's just Matt defending a stupid opinion while five people scream at him.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pennsylvanian posted:

I could listen to an entire podcast that's just Matt defending a stupid opinion while five people scream at him.

It got so vicious that I was honestly starting to get worried, but I assume that this crew knows each other well enough that they wouldn't have dreamed of publishing that recording if there was even a hint that they were actually mad at each other. they seem like the type to do checkins

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Pennsylvanian posted:

:same:

That was peak Matt

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Holy poo poo this is a great talking teen

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I really like the energy of Matt the Antagonist. Kind of makes me wish that he made a character that works like that.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Pennsylvanian posted:

I really like the energy of Matt the Antagonist. Kind of makes me wish that he made a character that works like that.

Absolutely!! That would be great

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
This season is full chaos, apparently

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe it's just because I'm in the middle of watching jojo's bizarre adventure for the first time and Anthony mentioned that it was his inspiration for making the grandkids the protagonists of season 2 but the end of that last episode felt very jojo to me

Also as someone who never played borderlands 2 and didn't know who Anthony Burch was during gamergate, can anyone explain the stinger of this episode to me? i'm guessing it was related to at least one of those things based on matt saying "borderlands"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm in the middle of watching jojo's bizarre adventure for the first time and Anthony mentioned that it was his inspiration for making the grandkids the protagonists of season 2 but the end of that last episode felt very jojo to me

Also as someone who never played borderlands 2 and didn't know who Anthony Burch was during gamergate, can anyone explain the stinger of this episode to me? i'm guessing it was related to at least one of those things based on matt saying "borderlands"

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/anthony-burch

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

I can't stop laughing at how much the Wii U gets mentioned in the chaos of that article.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The natural escalation from Vice Principal Pepperoni Tony to making the popular rude girl his daughter with a pizza-themed name loving slayed me this week.

I love how much Anthony is a "this your bed, you made it, now lie in it you loving clown" kind of DM. He was already 100% for it in season 1, but everybody seems to be more confident in doing stupid poo poo that they're getting locked into, like spending a bunch of cash on the whale just to make jokes when they could have more toys to play with.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

There's no caution in the podcast and that's what I love about it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

yeah but what's up with the keys or whatever they were talking about

also lol is this supposed to be a burn:

quote:

An extensive thread on KiwiFarms details tweets where Burch has appeared openly jealous of his sister's successful career.

that's like half his tweets. the other half is oversharing about his sex life, though in his defense he does say not to follow him so if i read anything i don't want to, that's on me

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

yeah but what's up with the keys or whatever they were talking about

Borderlands storyline revolves around finding a Vault Key that opens a big, ominous Vault door that contains treasure and the resolution to the main story. The keys are usually non-conventional and involve some bullshit magic powers to get it working.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

thecluckmeme posted:

Borderlands storyline revolves around finding a Vault Key that opens a big, ominous Vault door that contains treasure and the resolution to the main story. The keys are usually non-conventional and involve some bullshit magic powers to get it working.

Anthony worked specifically on Borderlands 2, I think, which had chests in-game with mid-level rarity weapons inside them. These were opened with golden keys which didn't actually drop in-game. You could only get them from pre-ordering, signing up to some service, or grabbing codes from giveaways on the developer's social media. I think people were pretty pissed off about it at the time. Nothing that directly involved Anthony, but I'm guessing that's also part of the joke. I could be completely wrong though!

Anyway, this season has started ridiculously strong. Just near-constant chaos and nonsense.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Calexio posted:

Anthony worked specifically on Borderlands 2, I think, which had chests in-game with mid-level rarity weapons inside them. These were opened with golden keys which didn't actually drop in-game. You could only get them from pre-ordering, signing up to some service, or grabbing codes from giveaways on the developer's social media. I think people were pretty pissed off about it at the time. Nothing that directly involved Anthony, but I'm guessing that's also part of the joke. I could be completely wrong though!

Anyway, this season has started ridiculously strong. Just near-constant chaos and nonsense.

I completely forgot about that, that just makes the whole dungeon concept even funnier. Anthony has spun together a grand web of garden rakes to kickflip onto at any given time

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've started reading Berserk and I can't help but read all of Isidro's lines in Paedan's voice. If anything it's improved the experience

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Will just doing donuts on Beth's lawn with this week's intro.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Elyse Willems is on as a guest this week! She is hilarious, I'm so happy to see this crossover

E: Okay, this episode has by far the funniest joke in the history of the show. A few minutes into conversation with Elyse's character: "Can't you tell what's OBVIOUSLY wrong with me just by looking at my face?!" Matt: "All three guys look at her face for the first time."

Anthony started scolding him, Freddie is already losing his poo poo, Matt immediately apologizes

E2: nevermind, i forgot how unhinged Elyse is. She immediately tops it.

bawk fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 8, 2022

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

thecluckmeme posted:

Elyse Willems is on as a guest this week! She is hilarious, I'm so happy to see this crossover

E: Okay, this episode has by far the funniest joke in the history of the show. A few minutes into conversation with Elyse's character: "Can't you tell what's OBVIOUSLY wrong with me just by looking at my face?!" Matt: "All three guys look at her face for the first time."

Anthony started scolding him, Freddie is already losing his poo poo, Matt immediately apologizes

E2: nevermind, i forgot how unhinged Elyse is. She immediately tops it.

I misinterpreted that joke as they were all too afraid to make eye contact with her

clearly i was a certain kind of teenage boy lol. Anyway Elyse is really loving funny

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Feeling really smart about discerning the Lou Bega joke before the guys

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

goblin week posted:

Feeling really smart about discerning the Lou Bega joke before the guys

I had to have the episode title explained to me but lol now that i get it

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

I had to have the episode title explained to me but lol now that i get it

...And now just by reading your post, I get it too :wow:

On that note I absolutely loved that Beth was already trying to figure out anagrams for some of the names early on. She knows Anthony's exact brand of bullshit but she missed the answer by this much anyway. Personally I figured it out during the "1, 2, 345..." chanting but I mean that was only like 30 seconds before the PCs figured it out.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
For what it’s worth, Anthony gave her a freebie by specifically spelling the name without an H

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Elyse isn't even there and is still stealing the show. what a pro

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm just reaching the last couple of episodes of the first season and I don't want to say bye.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 24, 2022

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

Elyse isn't even there and is still stealing the show. what a pro

Seriously, she went right back into character and in a few texts (or lack thereov) I was loving dying

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The start of the new season has been great; the end of S1 felt a bit too maudlin, but it really feels like the energy has returned now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

The show would be better if Elyse became a regular cast member or she did a Jimmy-style long-term stint.