Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fire Safety Doug posted:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/2/22/22946038/aaron-rodgers-pat-mcafee-show-news-filling-butt-with-oil-panchakarma-cleanse-what-is-it

"So to give you the Cliff’s Notes version: It’s throwing up twice, shooting liquid up your nose, filling your butt with oil, and then getting another enema to cleanse the rectum."

Aaron Rodgers: Full Of poo poo

Film at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Rhule is trying to save his job and with Cousins they probably win the division and that would likely be enough.

Why do they likely win the division? Are the Bucs just going to suck and not try to get a good QB?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Why do they likely win the division? Are the Bucs just going to suck and not try to get a good QB?

Yea, they’ll just grab one from the spare good QB pile.

We know what the Bucs looked like with Jameis and it wasn’t a playoff team. Garappolo is probably their best option and he sucks worse than Kirk. I’m not sure they’d want to pay him anyway given that they’ve got some pressing FAs they need to resign.

Falcons need a huge influx of talent.

Saints have no QB and no coach.

The Panthers actually have a good roster and QB play that isn’t bottom of the league would be enough to make them the favorites.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

Film at 11

Actually it sounds like he isn't anymore

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, they’ll just grab one from the spare good QB pile.

We know what the Bucs looked like with Jameis and it wasn’t a playoff team. Garappolo is probably their best option and he sucks worse than Kirk. I’m not sure they’d want to pay him anyway given that they’ve got some pressing FAs they need to resign.

Falcons need a huge influx of talent.

The Panthers actually have a good roster and QB play that isn’t bottom of the league would be enough to make them the favorites.

I'm not so sure that Cousins is any better than Jimmy G. He certainly has won less games recently.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Dennis Allen was just hired a couple of weeks ago and did a hell of a job with our defense. The OC is the same one we’ve had for 16 years and did admirably when Payton wasn’t able to coach. It could be way worse.

The QB, I’ll give you.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Does Scott Fitterer have roster control of the Panthers or did they follow the trendy model of hiring a GM to do the coach's bidding?

He's only been with the team a year so he should in no way be sacrificing future assets/capital with the goal of saving Rhule's job.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Silly Burrito posted:

Film at 11

He’s not full of anything anymore.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers would need to acquire cousins without giving up their first round pick.

They have to draft a starter on the oline and it won’t matter who’s playing qb, though I wouldn’t hate watching that poo poo head get creamed for a season.

Also I had an Ayurvedic massage in Hyderabad and lmao. Lol

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's only been with the team a year so he should in no way be sacrificing future assets/capital with the goal of saving Rhule's job.

We will find out!

I think the darnold trade was an organizational move, but the smaller individual moves he’s made have mostly been good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I'm not so sure that Cousins is any better than Jimmy G. He certainly has won less games recently.

This is the first year Jimmy's looked like even half the quarterback Kirk has, and it's still not particularly close:

Jimmy: 441 attempts, 68.3%, 20 TD / 12 Int
Novaxx: 561 attempts, 66.3%, 33 TD / 7 Int

And like, Jimmy's got the better OL, better offensive coaching and at least comparable weapons.

Like I think Kirk has some monumental faults that severely hampers him against good teams, which keeps him out of the really good QB tier, but guys like Carr, Jimmy, etc are clearly worse with basically the same faults and not the same highs.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Doltos posted:

Issue really comes down to Kyler is just plain bad at reading the field.

Mechanics aside, which yeah are not great, he's really really gunshy at throwing over the middle, in these instances I think he can't find a throwing lane and is worried that all the guys towering around him will tip the ball up or even intercept it. Either he's not trusting his eyes (or can't see properly to make the read) or he doesn't trust his arm / that the throwing lane will remain open. I really think a lot of this is due to how he's had to adjust as a player given his height, he's learned his lesson about tipped balls over the middle. So he would rather roll out where he can hopefully get a clean read and make something happen.

The only throw he's truly very comfortable making from the pocket are sideline throws, go routes more than anything. And short throws like screens, curls and outs near the sideline. Meanwhile he hates short to medium throws over the middle, especially ones that require pace on the ball. I think he sees the correct reads here, you'd have to be blind not to, but he just doesn't trust them for those reasons.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Dennis Allen was just hired a couple of weeks ago and did a hell of a job with our defense. The OC is the same one we’ve had for 16 years and did admirably when Payton wasn’t able to coach. It could be way worse.

The QB, I’ll give you.

Saying Carmichael wasn’t getting the OC job and then hiring him for that job doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence, nor does the co-DC stuff. All of the moves so far have been “same as last year, worse.”

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

The QB, I’ll give you.

Carmichael had brees for 2012. I won't judge the bucs game against him since payton wasn't doing much with that roster anyway.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I am glad Rodgers lead off his segment with “there will be no news about my future today” so I could immediately shut it off and not listen to him talk about vomiting and oily buttstuff

Listening to Brock Lesnar be a normal dude or whatever was kind of fun though

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

T-Square posted:

oily buttstuff

I think we’ve found No Butt Stuff’s arch nemesis.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I got food poisoning once and was making GBS threads and vomiting at the same time for two days I can't imagine how miserable it would be for a week +. Lol what a maroon.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Silly Burrito posted:

I think we’ve found No Butt Stuff’s arch nemesis.

Always felt like you and I were in No Butt Stuff's rogues gallery, if for different reasons...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
NBS already has an arch nemesis in the form of forums user OK Some Butt Stuff

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cranking a dial that says butt stuff and looking back at the audience for approval

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
If I remember right he was in one of those renaming threads the mods used to put up with the caveat that the mods got to pick the name. He of course got named NO BUTT STUFF and the guy right after him got named OK SOME BUTT STUFF

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MrLogan posted:

Kyler Murray has gone 3 years in the NFL and still can't read a defense.

Derek Carr has gone 7 years in the NFL and still can't plant his feet

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Derek Carr, Kyler Murray, and Kirk Cousins have won less playoff games combined than Blake Bortles.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Kirk cousins line is the new andy dalton line.

If you are better than kirk you are a good qb. If you are worse than kirk your are replacement level qb

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

If I remember right he was in one of those renaming threads the mods used to put up with the caveat that the mods got to pick the name. He of course got named NO BUTT STUFF and the guy right after him got named OK SOME BUTT STUFF

Yep.

We don’t talk.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

NBS already has an arch nemesis in the form of forums user OK Some Butt Stuff

I hope he never runs across poster Toys For rear end Bum

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alaois posted:

Derek Carr has gone 7 years in the NFL and still can't plant his feet

Peyton had happy feet too

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

a neat cape posted:

Peyton had happy feet too

Peyton did that gallop thing for timing

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

he also did it for throwing interceptions in the playoffs lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

EmbryoSteve posted:

If you are better than kirk you are a good qb. If you are worse than kirk your are replacement level qb

"But doctor," the clown cried, "I am Kirk Cousins!"

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Doltos posted:

He really misses Amari Cooper, or at least some WR that gets insane separation.

He misses Crabtree from the couple of years that connection was clicking. Only receiver that Carr has ever seemed to have faith in game to game when it comes to just making a decisive throw. Renfrow is kind of that in that role now, but he's not exactly winning a tight physical battle for a pass like Crabs was in 2015/2016.

Also how the hell has this thread circled between Carr/Cousins multiple times now without someone finding that Cousins Scale that correctly proclaimed Carr was worth 1.25 Cousins or whatever.

The337th fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 23, 2022

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It begins:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1496485747897081857

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 23, 2022

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ah! Making room for Robby Anderson, Aaron's new superstar WR addition :smuggo:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Forrest on Fire posted:

Ah! Making room for Allen Robinson, Aaron's new superstar WR addition :smuggo:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

EmbryoSteve posted:

This is ridiculous, come on.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nice, halfway to fitting in Adams.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

as protocol, they already have a guaranteed strategy for clearing all of the necessary space, right? or would they foolishly put themselves in a position to do all of this and come up short of whatever goal they're trying to accomplish?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

as protocol, they already have a guaranteed strategy for clearing all of the necessary space, right? or would they foolishly put themselves in a position to do all of this and come up short of whatever goal they're trying to accomplish?

I am not sure anyone anywhere knows what Rodgers intends but you have to prepare for him coming back or else you completely remove that possibility.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

boop the snoot posted:

They almost certainly have multiple strategies to get under the cap.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The337th posted:

He misses Crabtree from the couple of years that connection was clicking. Only receiver that Carr has ever seemed to have faith in game to game when it comes to just making a decisive throw. Renfrow is kind of that in that role now, but he's not exactly winning a tight physical battle for a pass like Crabs was in 2015/2016.

Also how the hell has this thread circled between Carr/Cousins multiple times now without someone finding that Cousins Scale that correctly proclaimed Carr was worth 1.25 Cousins or whatever.

boop the snoot posted:

There is basically no end to the extent to which you can kick the can down the road. That is, you can create nearly as much cap space as you want now if you're willing to pay for it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The337th posted:

I think I have issue with how close Goff is to Daniel Jones on the Cousins scale tbh