Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

jokes posted:

It’s lost ark because were finding arks. Or maybe they’re parts of an ark. Whatever it’s not last ark, the arks (ark?) are/isn’t disappearing they’re being lost.

But not lost like you lose money, the ark (or arks?) is here. Well, not here it (or they) needs to be found.

I think is more like Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark.

The Lost Ark is like a phone you can directly call the creation (not even the gods) and ask for stuff.

You don't want the Nazis from using the Ark.

<demons> "Hey, is us the Demons, we want a giant pizza, and the pizza to have tendrils all over creation, and to eat our enemies"

<reality> "Sure. You want that with red or blue colors?"

<demons> "Purple please."

EDIT:

This is what happens when you collect all the parts and open it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcR9k8o4I0w

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Gishin posted:

Lost Ark is a medieval fantasy MMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf1i_xtvBvE

I love the cutscene that plays after you do the random world event to dance in the crowd, because it's doing these camera pans through all these swimsuited partiers and then there's just randomly a guy in full plate armor mixed in.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Tangents posted:

I love the cutscene that plays after you do the random world event to dance in the crowd, because it's doing these camera pans through all these swimsuited partiers and then there's just randomly a guy in full plate armor mixed in.

It's also real time so if you're lucky you get some guy movement skill-ing across the room just exploding the ground and sending lightning everywhere.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Tei posted:

I think is more like Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark.

The Lost Ark is like a phone you can directly call the creation (not even the gods) and ask for stuff.

You don't want the Nazis from using the Ark.

<demons> "Hey, is us the Demons, we want a giant pizza, and the pizza to have tendrils all over creation, and to eat our enemies"

<reality> "Sure. You want that with red or blue colors?"

<demons> "Purple please."

Okay but when do people's faces start turning into milk.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Gishin posted:

if you do the coop here after its completed it plays an in game cinematic with every one dancing as it zooms around the crowd and every ones character

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tangents posted:

You have to play as a female character, then you fit right in. :v:

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Tangents posted:

Let alone our boy Sir Druden getting down in the mix.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is it worth it to use the higher tier jewellery if you don't get the right combat stats on them? As in, are the stat boosts on VIT, STR etc. a big enough boost to wear the legendary tier jewellery until you get proper stats or keep using the lower ones that have the combat stats you want?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

You have to play as a female character, then you fit right in. :v:

I have given up hope that my Deathblade will ever get proper trousers or anything that doesn't look like fetish gear.

:saddowns:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TeaJay posted:

Is it worth it to use the higher tier jewellery if you don't get the right combat stats on them? As in, are the stat boosts on VIT, STR etc. a big enough boost to wear the legendary tier jewellery until you get proper stats or keep using the lower ones that have the combat stats you want?

The stat differences between the two tiers seems pretty big so I've been upgrading for the better stats as long as it doesn't remove a bonus for an engraving you need. If you have exactly enough for a tier of an engraving bonus and removing that piece of gear will break that then maybe stick with the original until you can find a replacement with the same engraving.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Lorem ipsum posted:

I really hate how i'm trying to do a fun guardian raid or abyss and some berserker comes into it like 500 gearscore above the encounter and just carries me. I like... want to play the game you know?

I’ve said this before but people should stop matchmaking and use the party finder feature instead. It’s usually very fast and gives you a ton of control over who you play with. Create a lobby and only accept people in the gear score range you find acceptable. If it takes you more than 5 minutes to fill your party with applicants that fit what you’re looking for id be shocked

E: the only content I see that sometimes takes a bit more time to fill out a group for is stuff that requires everyone to have a rare entry ticket for like elite cube or boss rush

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 23, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

is the berserker the class that is always fighting with like a sliver of their health bar? As the party healer I have to say I do not like having one party member always appearing to be on the verge of death (even if they're really not) :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gishin posted:

lol I loved this part. The game world gives me a lot of Final Fantasy XIV vibes.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

jokes posted:

It’s lost ark because were finding arks. Or maybe they’re parts of an ark. Whatever it’s not last ark, the arks (ark?) are/isn’t disappearing they’re being lost.

But not lost like you lose money, the ark (or arks?) is here. Well, not here it (or they) needs to be found.

This made me have a stroke.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Kill All Cops posted:

pretty weird theres no votekick system

I think there is. You can right click and give a warning to a party member. It gives a notice that you've warned said person and it takes 3 to initiate a vote kick.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1496537400751058944

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Lawlicaust posted:

You can also just do rifts every 3 days and get the same rewards with the rested bonus. I have a bunch of characters that I only touch twice a week when bonuses stack up.

If you want to grind them the real reward of rifts right now is the map. You get approx 1.5k gold worth of materials per person for legendary maps, so if you stack 4 maps (full group, one map per person) you’re looking at 6k each.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ghostinmyshell posted:

Since we all got Una skip tickets today, what would be some good ones to actually skip due to how much of a pain in the rear end they are? Like ones that require a limited island event or take forever to do.
Tooki. Takes a while to sail there (1 of 4 spawns, ~12 minute window to get to it), takes a while to do the event, rewards aren't good, and you need to do it 30 times for the giant heart.

At least it has really nice music and a lenient participation requirement. But you still need to go to the right island and do a 15 minute event. Then waddle back to the entrance. Then leave the island, because if you stay you can't join any instanced content.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 23, 2022

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

At the risk of exposing just how frightfully old I am... how do these work? Is it something I have to actively participate in? What streams give these away, and how?

Yes, I'm old and have never done a 'twitch drop' thing.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

The Locator posted:

At the risk of exposing just how frightfully old I am... how do these work? Is it something I have to actively participate in? What streams give these away, and how?

Yes, I'm old and have never done a 'twitch drop' thing.
There's a list of streamers on the lost ark site.

You leave a stream open for however much time is required, previously 4 hours but it might be less given these are one day things now, and get a reward. There is a loot page on twitch that has you link your account to steam/lost ark.

You can check the drops page to see if you're making progress toward it, too. And the drops page also lists streamers but it's not a comprehensive list.

This one starts feb 25th. this has current campaigns. If you click lost ark there is a "connect" thing at the bottom.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 23, 2022

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Losing a daily instance entry to a server error when you're sitting at +14, praying today will be the day, really sucks :(

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I was at day 2/3 when they removed the day-3 login stamp reward for 14 days crystalline aura on EUW :negative:
I only put one alt there but apparently I missed the cool kids strat: If you got in on day 1 and made separate rosters on all 8 EUW servers, you could get enough account-wide crystalline aura for an entire year for free. The daily stamp rewards were per roster but the aura was account-wide. They also gave a big pile of roster-bound blue crystals which you could use to buy even more accont-wide aura.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Are there still any rewards available for spinning up a bunch of alts on EUW or did they catch on and remove anything of value?

Edit: Just checked, all gone.

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 23, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Lorem ipsum posted:

I really hate how i'm trying to do a fun guardian raid or abyss and some berserker comes into it like 500 gearscore above the encounter and just carries me. I like... want to play the game you know?

Similarly, I hate that in order to do new content you have to get gear which makes the previous content irrelevant. I get that “number go up” is kind of the point of this type of PvE content, but I wish progression were a bit more horizontal. I guess if they keep pumping out new, interesting fights it’s not a problem — just seems, idk, wasteful?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, I'm feeling like upgrading the exact same armor set over and over again isn't the most interesting way for progression. As I understand it, you can switch the level to another armor set if you like, but so far all the dungeons I've been doing give out the exact same looking set. Yes, I know this is a F2P MMO, but what are my options right now if I want to move on from the blandy mcbland armorset they gave my gunlancer at level 302? (something like 446 currently, and you need 460 for Rohendel?)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

TeaJay posted:

Yeah, I'm feeling like upgrading the exact same armor set over and over again isn't the most interesting way for progression. As I understand it, you can switch the level to another armor set if you like, but so far all the dungeons I've been doing give out the exact same looking set. Yes, I know this is a F2P MMO, but what are my options right now if I want to move on from the blandy mcbland armorset they gave my gunlancer at level 302? (something like 446 currently, and you need 460 for Rohendel?)

Do the first two abyssal dungeons and craft a set

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

yeti friend posted:

Do the first two abyssal dungeons and craft a set

Okay cool. I did the first one, but the second one was quite a lot harder IMO. Have to see if I can find a vendor/crafter for it.

e: That armor still looks the same as the previous one, albeit better via set bonuses

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 23, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Bit of advice for anyone at the end of t2 or trying to push alts into t2, check the price of unbound upgrade materials on the market. Then check currency conversion rates & compare to mari's shop. There's big opportunity in the current market to sell stuff you find for gold & converting the gold into other currencies and far more of the same materials due to whales and limited supply.

Mari's shop mechanic is you can buy 1x of what's listed. You can also scroll back in time and buy stuff from the past few days. If someone is whaling it won't be enough, so they're outright turning crystals into gold and buying everything possible on the market at 10x or more than the mari's shop price.

I'd also advise anyone who's not looking to p2w to track your crystals carefully and only use crystals you've gotten from gold->crystal conversions. That's my strategy at least. I have no intention of paying real money for progression.

Hefty posted:

Similarly, I hate that in order to do new content you have to get gear which makes the previous content irrelevant. I get that “number go up” is kind of the point of this type of PvE content, but I wish progression were a bit more horizontal. I guess if they keep pumping out new, interesting fights it’s not a problem — just seems, idk, wasteful?
Tier3 is kinda like this although you do get the "ilvl 580 player joins the 340 abyssal" type stuff there too. We are in the very old content that's no longer relevant phase in T1/T2. T3 is going to last a long time.

You'll also be doing t1/t2 plenty on alts at an appropriate gear level. Everything is significantly more difficult & fun if you're at the minimum matchmaking ilvl.

On weds/thurs you're also more likely to see someone at the high end of the ilvl bracket. Waiting until the last two days before reset to do abyss & the harder guardians is a pretty valid strategy when you're new and just want to learn the mechanics of fights.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 23, 2022

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

TeaJay posted:

Okay cool. I did the first one, but the second one was quite a lot harder IMO. Have to see if I can find a vendor/crafter for it.

You can turn Knight's Oath tokens into tier pieces, but those also come from the Abyss Dungeons. At 446 you should be able to join groups that will just destroy the second one.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Khorne posted:

Tier3 is kinda like this although you do get the "ilvl 580 player joins the 340 abyssal" type stuff there too. We are in the very old content that's no longer relevant phase in T1/T2. T3 is going to last a long time.

You'll also be doing t1/t2 plenty on alts at an appropriate gear level. Everything is significantly more difficult & fun if you're at the minimum matchmaking ilvl.

I keep forgetting that T3 (and maybe T2) is more like a traditional mmo expansion with new continents and stuff, but you go up in ilvl not combat level.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
As far as I can tell, this is how gear progression works at level 50+ (only partway through Tier 1 myself so correct me if I'm wrong)

You get your base set of gear for the tier, so for tier 1 this is the ilevel 302 Wish set. To get this set, there's two ways:
  • Entering ilvl 250 Chaos Dungeon and farming a set
  • Finishing the Shushire main story quest
You will need to hone this gear to get to Tier 2 gear which can take a while depending on your farm/play rate and how many islands you do.

On the way, you will pick up purple and orange versions of the Tier 1 gear. If you have the spare resources (looks like just silver for now) you can gear transfer your honed +'s to the purple/orange gear for slightly better stats as you progress toward tier 2. So for example, if you have your weapon at +8 on the blue one and then pick up a purple weapon, you can gear transfer the +8 from the blue to the purple for just some silver. The stat benefits aren't super huge, but they're there and the set bonus is nice. The gear doesn't look any different though. You can also do this if a piece of gear you pick up has higher quality for slightly better stats as well.

Once you get your overall ilvl to 600, you unlock access to Tier 2 Gear. At this point, you will get a brand new set of base gear to work from starting at +0, but you can transfer your Tier 1 Gear at +15 or above into the Tier 2 Gear for an initial +1 bonus to get started. This also means all your unused tier 1 gear honing materials: destruction and guardian stone fragments as well as harmony shards and harmony leapstones are now worthless on that character.

If you plan on taking this game for the long haul and want to do alts, this is where a little bit of planning ahead can help save some time. Islands give you a ton of one-time use chests (unbound) that when opened give bound honing materials across your entire roster for the server. This means that you can potentially open too many Tier 1 chest rewards and have a surplus on your main character that can't be used for anything worthwhile once your main has reached Tier 2. So save those chests and don't open them until you need them. Once you get to Tier 2, you can unlock a research thing in your stronghold to decrease the honing costs for your alts as well so don't put off leveling your stronghold either.

For clarity, the honing materials have a naming convention to help you keep track:
  • xxx stone fragment and Harmony = Tier 1
  • xxx stone and Life = Tier 2
  • xxx stone crystal and Honor = Tier 3

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

What level does my stronghold have to be to unlock the T1 honing upgrade?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
I don't recall, but you can flip the list to 'unavailable research' to check

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Looks like the requirements for these two are:
Reach ilvl 802 and research Lab lvl 2. Lab lvl 2 is available pretty much immediately so I was wrong about needing to maintaining your stronghold to unlock these

https://lostarkcodex.com/us/research/310100/
https://lostarkcodex.com/us/research/300100/

I think NEW_CONDITION: 15 is the ilvl requirement which I checked in game.

Edit: And to explain the gold saving thing in a bit more depth and step-by-step:

You can buy certain consumables from the store that are in high demand on the market board at the moment.

A Moon's Breath (tier 2 honing chance % increase consumable) costs 182 gold currently on my server (Rohendal - NA West). Buying purple crystals costs 380 gold for 95 purple crystals. You can buy a stack of 5 Moon's Breath (bound) from the store at the moment for 30 purple crystals. Stuff from this store is only purchasable once per restock, but refreshes and restocks with different stuff every 6 hours.

So if you happen to get any Moon's Breath drops, instead of using them, sell them on the market board, buy purple crystals with the gold you just got, and then buy them from the shop.

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 23, 2022

pineapple3k
Feb 12, 2014
Just did the Phantom Palace dungeon while the servers were blowing up. 7k ping and just kept spamming the same skills, more than 1 of them may have been registering, no idea. Only wasted 3 plumes, what an experience lol. Our group kept waiting for it to end, but then they kept adding more mechanics, dodging blue lasers while rubberbanding all over, somehow we made it through.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jesus christ kudos to you for that, I tried a chaos dungeon and 3k ping was enough to make me alt f4 lickety split.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
no loving way im going down that lighthouse. song of escape and run back to bottom thank u very much

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

thehandtruck posted:

no loving way im going down that lighthouse. song of escape and run back to bottom thank u very much

Get ready to go up and down that lighthouse 20+ times.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

I guess that's what people meant by "It's an MMO, not an ARPG" though.

Two distinct errors that people constantly warned of before the game released

This is not an ARPG and dont get tricked into picking Soulfist because she fights like a dbz character. Im sure there are people out there that enjoy soulfists playstyle but its not going to be anyone that picked her because she shoots laser beams or spirit bombs.

If you have ADHD and must be pressing buttons constantly then play something with short cooldowns that focus on stacking speed like taijutsu scrapper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a site that lists all the durability for the ships? I've seen plenty with their costs to upgrade and starting resists, but not a single one with durability.