Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

Just go out after it rains, you’ll find a hundred of ‘em.

Not free as in beer.
Beer isn't good for snails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Kay Kessler posted:

I don't know if there are even any non-invasive species of snail in Michigan

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Julias posted:

It's probably gonna suck, like most video game anime adaptations, especially if it's trying to just retell the story of nier automata the video game.

didn't automata start as the background lore for an idol group called YorHa or something that yoko taro was involved in? i think odds of this not sucking are p high considering that nier at this point is some weird multimedia art project that yoko taro's been working on for ages rather than just a videogame. that being said that one comic he was involved with was p forgettable so really it's a roll of the dice.

but yeah i think if it's a retelling then that wouldn't quite work. i think the story only works as a game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, honestly, they've got so much lore stuck in books and plays and even the orchestra shows that there's a lot of places they could go aside from an adaptation, depending on who's involved.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

:yeah: the post was fine and its insanely weird some are trying to paint em as a pedo creep when thats the guy speaking out against creeps to start with

also uhh hi to the thread i don't watch too much anime usually but what i've seen is p neat, jojos is cool and i like it and 90s sailor moon (seeing this in a group) is pretty nice as well :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hi booky

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Looper posted:

hi booky

hi looper

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Booky posted:

also uhh hi to the thread i don't watch too much anime usually but what i've seen is p neat, jojos is cool and i like it and 90s sailor moon (seeing this in a group) is pretty nice as well :)

hi new friend, you should watch The Eccentric Family

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Watch Kaiji :colbert:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Mix. posted:

Watch Kaiji :colbert:

i've seen bits and a few eps of kaiji, it seems pretty cool but also Mega Tense :ohdear:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

copy posted:

didn't automata start as the background lore for an idol group called YorHa or something that yoko taro was involved in? i think odds of this not sucking are p high considering that nier at this point is some weird multimedia art project that yoko taro's been working on for ages rather than just a videogame. that being said that one comic he was involved with was p forgettable so really it's a roll of the dice.

but yeah i think if it's a retelling then that wouldn't quite work. i think the story only works as a game

It was a Japanese-only stage play that ran before Automata was even announced because that's how :yokotaro: rolls. It basically covered the Mission with A2 and Anemone that caused A2 to go rogue that was vaguely alluded to in the main game. TDI did a writeup for it as part of his LP if you want to know more.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hello friend with a cute avatar, you should read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou when it comes out in English.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

with purchase of another snail equal value or greater!! :D

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I was literally just thinking this morning while exercising that I'd be up for a Nier anime. I think from what little I know (as I only played a bit of Automata and I'm currently watching a LP of Replicant) and was wondering what studio I'd most like to do it. I think Shaft could do a good job? I feel like you want a studio that's used to being artistically "weird".

Fluffdaddy is clearly just buying themselves 30 days to enjoy their million dollars away from the death snail.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

with purchase of another snail equal value or greater!! :D

Goddammit. Actual spit take IRL.

My mistake for drinking while reading this thread.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have a plan to free snail but it's gonna take at least a month to implement. Please be patient, everyone.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
every time you post about vtubers fluffdaddy takes an hour off of snail's probe

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Captain Invictus posted:

Is this a sudden end for Dr stone or has it been building to a conclusion? I've not read it yet. If that's the first people have heard of it, seems like an abrupt ending.

Yes you should

Oh yeah, it was clearly ending soon and the author had already said it was in the last arc. I could have seen it going another few chapters to wrap up but no, not abrupt at all.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

I have a plan to free snail but it's gonna take at least a month to implement. Please be patient, everyone.

godspeed

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I would ask for snail's freedom, but I vaguely remember them calling me a tryhard like 8 years ago so I feel nothing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

I would ask for snail's freedom, but I vaguely remember them calling me a tryhard like 8 years ago so I feel nothing.

Since then you became a casual

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

What the

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I calls them as I sees them

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Jagged Jim posted:

It was a Japanese-only stage play that ran before Automata was even announced because that's how :yokotaro: rolls. It basically covered the Mission with A2 and Anemone that caused A2 to go rogue that was vaguely alluded to in the main game. TDI did a writeup for it as part of his LP if you want to know more.

that owns/sounds about right for the guy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

i hate those mf'ers. get off the fuckin road

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
invertebrates are friends

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Homeless Friend posted:

i hate those mf'ers. get off the fuckin road

I was going to make a Zero Time Dilemma joke but it's not worth the effort for that game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

I was going to make a Zero Time Dilemma joke but it's not worth the effort for that game

It's okay, Arist. I know your motivations are.....complex.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

six billion people died because i chose to avoid making that joke

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Snail is actually completely free. They're just slightly off camera.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
We should also give snail a home while we're at it. Just something nice to do.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Stairmaster posted:

2b has a nice rear end

Captain Invictus posted:

I want to see how the animation 2B's rear end looks first though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is this why you were in support of hornyposting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because if so i think youve made an exhibit for why it isnt funny

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

because if so i think youve made an exhibit for why it isnt funny

This seems more the fault of the people making the jokes tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

This seems more the fault of the people making the jokes tbh

invictus didnt even make that joke! im gei edited it in!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

invictus didnt even make that joke! im gei edited it in!

This seems very much on the people making the jokes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my affection for niera is so linked to the game aspectsc so this may as well not exist

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m not saying that I.m gei shouldn’t try to make jokes, I’m announcing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
just for the record 2b's butt is in the key visual