Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The actual impact of that order is really small, but seems squarely designed to further divide the state. A complete failure of leadership on all levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

saintonan posted:

The actual impact of that order is really small, but seems squarely designed to further divide the state. A complete failure of leadership on all levels.

I think this is exactly what certain sections of voters in the state want from their leadership. Definitely not what all voters there want, but what the loudest ones want.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

saintonan posted:

It's primary season for him, so yep, def just throwing stupid red meat to even stupider people. I hope he has a nice time and also wish the tree limb would've done the needful.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Big disappointment in that tree

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I wish republicans could come up with new ways to improve lives instead of always trying to gently caress someone over.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

saintonan posted:

I'd disagree that the impact is small, but rather than the number of people impacted is small. It's just further marginalization of an already marginalized population. For trans kids and their families this is a devastating development.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The point of a bill or order like that is to get the undesirables to just leave the state out of fear

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you wish ill will on republicans and people who support poo poo like this you'll get probated for two weeks.

What?

I feel pretty confident in saying gently caress these guys, I hope they get fed to a woodchipper. Feet first.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I used to go to Houston once a year to stay with my grandparents. I loved it, we'd usually go to Corpus Christi for a weekend. When I was like 20 I sometimes thought about moving there, getting a job at one of the restaurants and basically just being a beach bum. Sure, most people's politics were far to the right of mine, but back then I was in "just don't talk about politics" mode and now, pretty much everyone I meet's politics are to the right of mine, so it's not that big of a deal. But between that abortion ban and now this anti-trans bill I couldn't live there in good conscience.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think it’s really cool how a singular piece of junk mail these days is too thick and full of plastic for my shredder to handle with out jamming.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/sawyerhackett/status/1496552139136585730?s=21

If you think of the GOP platform as a series of escalating dares for regular folks to turns the streets red with their blood, it makes a lot more sense.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

saintonan posted:

Er, I hugely disagree, this may not have official legal consequences against trans people, but the ripple effect it has on all level of social services is terrifying, child welfare is frequently the gatekeeper and focal point for services to needy kids, the chaos and chill on relationships will be brutal, to say nothing of those in said agencies that will actively work to find excuses to bring weight down on trans kids/families. poo poo, even just the denial of resources to folks who will now “hide” from social workers will be awful. It’s one of those orders where they won’t be kicking in doors, but finding lots of soft, less blatant ways to make people suffer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I mentioned in another thread, that the real threat here is that Texas's CPS is abysmal for even the US, with a 10 year ongoing lawsuit they refuse to do anything about over seuxal abuse, losing kids and well... everything else you'd expect from Texas.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

gently caress Greg Abbott and anyone who loves him. I too wish they got fed into a woodchipper feet first and anyone who probates for saying this LOVES Greg Abbott

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I wish republicans could come up with new ways to improve lives instead of always trying to gently caress someone over.

Crab mentality taken to the most illogical extreme possible, basically.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man. Those poor kids. Vile's a good description of it. Abbott you suck

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's all culture war poo poo for them, because the masses don't stand to benefit from any of their policies. Remember how when Trump was elected, they promised to repeal Obamacare, but couldn't come up with anything to replace it, hence why it survived? It's like we collectively forgot about Paul Ryan's extreme incompetence lol

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The list of governors and legislators I’d happily pour polonium tea for far exceeds the number of them I’d text TEA TIME CANCELLED

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As much as we rightly despise the individuals, stuff like this from Abbott exist due to structural problems. Politicians aren't incentivized to solve problems or help people and even those that attempt find our sclerotic society incapable of taking meaningful action without an impossibly huge amount of pressure. Feed red meat to the base is what gets people re-elected, and until the deeply exhausted American people do something drastic and awful as a disincentive, politics will go on this way.

Astonishing to think 3,000 American deaths changed the trajectory of all our lives 20 years ago when 3,000 American deaths a day has led to only marginal systemic change. I mean, except in the realm of telework.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

No Butt Stuff posted:

What?

I feel pretty confident in saying gently caress these guys, I hope they get fed to a woodchipper. Feet first.

Some snowbird republican got mad that a goon in the FL LAN thread said that he hoped that any goon that votes republican genuinely dies in a fire. The op was probated for two weeks for wishing death on fellow goons.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Some snowbird republican got mad that a goon in the FL LAN thread said that he hoped that any goon that votes republican genuinely dies in a fire. The op was probated for two weeks for wishing death on fellow goons.

A lot of goons deserve to die though

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Samadhi posted:

"All goons deserve to die... but not all goons ever truly live"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Amy Pole Her posted:

"All goons deserve to die... but not all goons ever truly live"

It's too bad goons won't live ... but then again, who does?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope that geriatric snitch dies in a fire

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Samadhi posted:

Be careful, Icarus. Your wings are made of wax!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Be careful, Icarus. Your wings are made of wax!

Is this a threat

MODS?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Is CK3 worth buying full price or should I wait until it goes on sale for sub-$30

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samadhi posted:

Is CK3 worth buying full price or should I wait until it goes on sale for sub-$30

If it's like every other paradox game, it's probably gonna get several expansions that drastically change game play.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Samadhi posted:

I don't buy any single player game at launch tbh. Most of the time they get some patches and expansions and hit the sales lists before holidays.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Skwirl posted:

If it's like every other paradox game, it's probably gonna get several expansions that drastically change game play.

Well one expansion was just released a couple weeks ago. I'm playing a ton of it right now after getting the game about a month back, but I got it for $30. Not sure what full price is, but I know they're still working out some bugs from the expansion. If you don't care much, I'd wait a little and see if it goes on sale, and by then they will have probably patched the big stuff.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
One bug I’m currently enjoying is my uncles are creating and disbanding a faction to overthrow me. This faction is created and immediately disbanded about 100 times a month.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CK3's been out for quite a while, I think. But yeah, paradox games are on the DLC treadmill. I don't find it's usually worth buying much or any of it unless I've played the game so much that I've run out of things to discover and do in it... which for paradox games, is basically never.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’ve beaten the main story of Hades so I may have to reinstall CK2 and give it a hard run when I get my new laptop.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you wish ill will on republicans and people who support poo poo like this you'll get probated for two weeks.

I'm still loving angry about that poo poo.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dyson Sphere is out there, just sayin

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I deserve death for a lot of things, but I feel like my voting record is probably outside the top 5.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I voted Perot in 1992 so I probably deserve to lose a day off my lifespan or so

Although I could vote for Scooby Doo where I live and it wouldn’t affect poo poo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The nice thing about the DLC train is that essential updates are always given out as free patch updates to the base game, at least that was the case with Stellaris.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

General Dog posted:

I deserve death for a lot of things, but I feel like my voting record is probably outside the top 5.

Assuming you've mostly voted in Texas, you're probably correct. You couldn't have changed poo poo if you were a Marxist just through voting..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Friend of mine opened up my PS4 and verified that the power supply is dying. He was at least able to get it powered on long enough for me to retrieve my Halloween Blu-ray from it. Says he'll replace the PSU for the cost of the part and a six-pack of beer, which I figure is a fairly even trade. There are worse ways to spend my money (I did get one last paycheck from the contract job that just ended, after all).