Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

Collapsing Farts posted:

How do you guys afford 5 soul grinders in your armies? I feel poor as poo poo

With Nurgle it took a while. Late game (turn 120+) it was possible. But you can also use plagues to speed it up by decreasing the turns for buildings to change.

I ran with one or two soul grinders per stack when I could first afford them.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Whoops double post

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I feel like Nurgle should either have buildings or techs to decrease upkeep to some of the units. If Nurglings or those slow one eyed dudes were almost free it would be more feasible to sprinkle nicer stuff in the armies. Right now it's rough, your units are pretty sturdy in defense, but once in a while some feathered rear end in a top hat appears with a stack of ranged bullshit and just melts whatever you try to stop him with, while your towers barely are able to pierce the shields.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'll take a "gently caress it, autoresolve" for 500, Alex.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Man, Nurgle is going to have a rough time in mortal realms whenever they have to go up against Vampirates or high/dark elves.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

NewMars posted:

They're called the Akshina now and are actually firmly against the orthodoxy as regards the schism, everything about them places them directly as an arm of the Tzarina and loyal to her alone.

Yeah, they're also named and referenced in some ancillaries and buildings. They're the secret police of the Kislevite Tzars, and Katarin is supposed to be using them extensively to cement her rule.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

jadebullet posted:

Man, Nurgle is going to have a rough time in mortal realms whenever they have to go up against Vampirates or high/dark elves.

Yeah but those races kind of have power creep going on though. Wouldn't surprise me if nurgle DLC units end up being insanely strong.

Also I tuned into legend for the first time since WH2 and he's spent the last 20 mins cycle charging an enemy lord for ~30 damage each time. lmao

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slider posted:

Yeah but those races kind of have power creep going on though. Wouldn't surprise me if nurgle DLC units end up being insanely strong.

Also I tuned into legend for the first time since WH2 and he's spent the last 20 mins cycle charging an enemy lord for ~30 damage each time. lmao

*high pitched mockery voice* But legends thats cheese!

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Some Nurgle units have decent speed, so they might end up working just as well as VC. I guess they could also get some spells or skills that would negate enemy ranged damage and accuracy.
e: as someone mentioned in the thread achievements on steam are bugged. I've got a cheevo for holding 3 Kislev cities as Kislev, while playing as Papa.

alex314 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 23, 2022

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

alex314 posted:

I feel like Nurgle should either have buildings or techs to decrease upkeep to some of the units. If Nurglings or those slow one eyed dudes were almost free it would be more feasible to sprinkle nicer stuff in the armies. Right now it's rough, your units are pretty sturdy in defense, but once in a while some feathered rear end in a top hat appears with a stack of ranged bullshit and just melts whatever you try to stop him with, while your towers barely are able to pierce the shields.

Once you got ample space and tech, your plagues last a long time and you can just put the money one plus spread chance all over the place.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

jadebullet posted:

Nurgle hit points are a mana pool for your side bar.

The more people damage my nurglings which are high hp and stupid cheap or my plague bearers, the more healing or group damage nurgle does.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

How am I supposed to reach 50 supporters before Kostaltyn as Katarin? He's rushing ahead, and I'm losing them because the first faction you have to fight are other Kislevites.

Build churches, as said, and also fire off the ursun bonus immediately before attacking your first settlement, then go absolutely apeshit trying to conquer as many settlements as possible while that's active, as it will give you +5 supporters for each one which will helpfully offset the negatives. Once it runs out (or once you have taken the eastern oblast) go beat up the baersonlings as I think you get supporters for doing that, you can defiinitely get devotion off them which you can use to buy another invokation (which is up to you, depends on what you're going to spend the most time doing at that point)

I managed the first one fairly well with that combination, and afterwards I just had passive income from churches.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I am enjoying playing kislev but they really need a little more variety in unit flags. There needs to be an easier way to see whether a unit is Armoured Kossars or just guys in tunics at a glance.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Just discovered a delightful new bug where you load in your campaign and suddenly you get a notification all your outposts are gone.

The reason? All your allies have declared war on you. And the problem persists across saves, lol

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

PerilPastry posted:

Just discovered a delightful new bug where you load in your campaign and suddenly you get a notification all your outposts are gone.

The reason? All your allies have declared war on you. And the problem persists across saves, lol

Look, do you want to play Total War or Some War?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Look, do you want to play Total War or Some War?

You have a point. I just started a new campaign as Khorne just to go "gently caress everybody, a skull is a skull"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So...what is the likelihood we get a The Old World/Time of the Three Emperors campaign down the road? CA has precedent for doing other eras as expansions for their games, and GW literally is working on developing one such era...

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

So...what is the likelihood we get a The Old World/Time of the Three Emperors campaign down the road? CA has precedent for doing other eras as expansions for their games, and GW literally is working on developing one such era...

Probably 0% aside from mods.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Yvonmukluk posted:

The Old World is very likely a few years out still. Plus the main difference is that you get three different Empire factions and that's it, really.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Azran posted:

The Old World is very likely a few years out still. Plus the main difference is that you get three different Empire factions and that's it, really.

Hey, that's not true.

We'd also have Mannfred with hair.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
There is roughly 0% chance that GW and CA will blow something so major as retooling the Old World in an old-new setting for something so minor as DLC. There will absolutely be a new title, with hopefully less cumbersome name than Total War: Warhammer: The Old World.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

There is roughly 0% chance that GW and CA will blow something so major as retooling the Old World in an old-new setting for something so minor as DLC. There will absolutely be a new title, with hopefully less cumbersome name than Total War: Warhammer: The Old World.

The Oldtal World: Hammer

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Toldtal worldhammer.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Total War: Warhammer 4: The Old World: Romance of the Three Empires: The Heldenhammer

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The idea of facing Sisters of Avelorn as Nurgle is honestly terrifying. Same goes with Slaanesh facing any ranged-heavy army, but at least the gimps are fast. Papa's stuff is suuuuuper slow, and fire damage negates so much of the regen. :ohdear:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

luv ta be Shockingly Obese

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The bugs are so interesting in this game

After fighting some cavalry for some time this unit of marauders decided to start running in a random direction while leaving one marauder behind every step of the way, creating a perfect line of confused marauders who just stood there:

:psyduck:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Jarvisi posted:

How should I be levelling up big daddy nurgle? Seems like a waste to level his spells at all since he gets a spellcaster right at the beginning.

Not sure the blue line is worth it. But lightning strike and upkeep is always good.

I entirely skipped Ku'gath's magic line and just rushed spells on the hero, rushed yellow line for pestilent decay > his best personal skills to buff nurglings and the faction and the 10% missile resist for his bulk against kislev and dwarves > red line to further buff nurglings and get more debuff skills > blue line.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Collapsing Farts posted:

After fighting some cavalry for some time this unit of marauders decided to start running in a random direction while leaving one marauder behind every step of the way, creating a perfect line of confused marauders who just stood there:

lol

when I was taking Terracotta Graveyard yesterday this almost happened to a blue horrors group. The AI was building a barricade at the same time they tried to retreat over it while I had dudes in melee with them. They formed this really weird and rigid super long line 4 guys wide and stood there for like 2 minutes and my guys were attacking maybe 8 guys at the very end of it and this was really bad because I was rushing TG within 5 turns so it's a very rough settlement battle to drag out with loving Tzeentch towers. I had to reorient a 4 squad archer block like twice to finally focus them down. At least they didn't shoot poo poo while they were stuck in the conga line.

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

Collapsing Farts posted:

I would get something similar occasionally in TW2 where my infantry were crowding into a gate and for some reason one unit would make a big conga line just like that.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Got as far as the first wave of portals in a Cathay run, lost the race in Slaanesh's realm and decided to bounce over to a Khorne run. Holy poo poo Skarbrand is insanely satisfying to play! Absolutely love that there is a "fight some dudes" button which I plan to be hitting pretty much on cooldown, and Bloodcrushers seem to actually be GOOD cavalry???

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jarvisi posted:

How should I be levelling up big daddy nurgle? Seems like a waste to level his spells at all since he gets a spellcaster right at the beginning.

Not sure the blue line is worth it. But lightning strike and upkeep is always good.

I think buffing his nurglings and his range damage are traps. They get good, but not good enough.

His magic can be cheap but all you need is heal on cast and maximized stream of corruption.

6 mana for a thin long 38 armor piercing cone. It is amazing and carries the game for you.

Yellow line, very important, get more defense than offense or range.

Blue... you can go for upkeep reduction but otherwise you don't need much from this.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think I got the strat down for nurgle's campaign, secure your starting province and rank up your plagues for the first 30 turns while leveling up some heralds following Ku'gath around, after turn 30 go to Slaanesh to take out a small loan of a million dollars on the lower circles and use that funding to go into the negatives with a second army and really go hard south from there.

I made tons of defensive alliances with northern demons so I only had to focus on the southern Kislev and Dwarves, once you reach the real prize of Kislev you're funding for the rest of the game should be secured with the 250% sacking bonus plague.

I also made it a point to befriend and ally with every Skaven clan I came across, I think weapon teams and Warp lightning cannons is just what the plague doctor ordered for Nurgle's roster.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
fun fact;

in something rotten in kislev, the coop "aaaaa chaos" campaign, you can peace out the chaos factions

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

What the hell is this settlement design. I can skip the entire settlement and start my army right next to the victory point.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
It's absolute horseshit and makes defending settlements extremely difficult. The towers aren't even in useful places on that side.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

God dammit Tzeentch's realm is frustrating as gently caress. I'm rolling with Skarbrand, I'm trying to plot out the loving path, and Miao Ying shows up, and I'm thinking I can gank her and secure the soul. Nope. She retreats, like the AI always does... JUST OUTSIDE OF MOVEMENT RANGE. She then hops into a teleporter, and when I follow she's already in another one, and I'm getting swarmed by the Tzeentch armies because of course they ignore her and only attack me. Then while I'm trying to still figure poo poo out oh hey look at that, Miao has magically figured everything out and grabs the soul exactly 5 turns after the loving rift opened, kicking me out.

Like, it's not BAD that the AI can grab the soul, it's bad that the AI has PERFECT loving KNOWLEDGE of everything: your movement range, your army strength, the portal order, EVERYTHING, and uses that to just straight up skullfuck you. IE cannot come soon enough, because there's so much that I like about this game but the structure of this campaign is nowhere on that list.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Disagree, map owns, especially to attack as Nurgle since you're the one faction that can blob harder than Ogre's and actually drive them out of that spot. On the defense if enemy forces are trying to push in there you should be punishing the hell out of them for blobing up against you and your towers should be bringing the pain. You really need to concentrate your forces to take the victory point and hold it there, I think its one of the more fun maps as a plodder. Reminder: wind spells bounce off walls, you can turn tight areas like those lanes into slaughter zones with wind spells (vortexes are VERY high risk/high reward because if they come back atcha, lawl).

Speaking of winds, anyone else noticing a lot of annoying hidden geometry that will veer your winds off at random rear end angles? It is EXTREMLY annoying when I'm trying to delete peasant archers on rice paddy maps with Kairos.

Note: gently caress I'm bad at nurgle. My 2nd time around is going...better? I'm trying to be more deliberate and tall-ish building, but its really hard to get your income going and getting your army recruitment up. Maybe once you last long enough you start moving through your building cycles fast enough that you can recover fairly rapidly, but a bad battle early game just FUCKS a nugle game, hard.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Leal posted:

What the hell is this settlement design. I can skip the entire settlement and start my army right next to the victory point.

That isn't the victory point.

That is just a morale boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
If there's a minor settlement I don't want to fight, I just slam the campaign difficulty down to easy, autoresolve it, and then crank it back up.