Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fajita Nachos

Steak, chicken, shrimp, and onions on chips with CHEESE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

angel hair with red sauce and meatballs

then i dipped frozen frosted animal crackers in frozen cool whip for dessert

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Tomato and chicken base veggie soup with scratchmade pepper/egg bread, it was awesome.
10/10 will make more when I have money.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Chana masala, saag paneer, and rice from the instant pot.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
BRAISED TOFU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Chicken alfredo with vegetables and two slices of bread with butter and garlic powder. :)

:ssh: It was frozen, but decent.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I haven't posted in here in a while. I've been mostly posting my cooking pics in the 5000 page thread. They seem to be talking about videogames now so I'll just post it here.

Shepherd's pie with a side of roast potatoes and some tenderstem broccoli. Gravy in the background I haven't poured over it yet.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Looks good tho I question the side of potatoes with shepherd's pie

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
quote isnt edit damnit

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

nexous posted:

Looks good tho I question the side of potatoes with shepherd's pie

I'm Irish.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
That is a spud heavy plate. Not that either of the spuds look bad, just that there's a whole lot of them. Nice broccoli, hadn't heard of the variety before. Have to keep my eyes open for it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Looks great! I love shepard's pie.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I want to make shepherd’s pie pie. That is, a shepherd’s pie with an actual pie crust.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

gleebster posted:

That is a spud heavy plate. Not that either of the spuds look bad, just that there's a whole lot of them. Nice broccoli, hadn't heard of the variety before. Have to keep my eyes open for it.

Yeah, that broccoli is good stuff. I thought it would be great for stir frys and stuff but it isn't really. 'Tender stem' is a bit of a misnomer. It's not tender unless it's steamed.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Looks great! I love shepard's pie.

Ah, man. Not you too! I don't dislike shepherds pie, I just find it boring. And it's the one thing that everyone asks for if I offer to cook.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I want to make shepherd’s pie pie. That is, a shepherd’s pie with an actual pie crust.

Try cornish pasties. Mince meat and vegetables (including potatoes) in a pastry pocket.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

gleebster posted:

It looks like what is known as broccolini here in the US. It’s delicious!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Valko posted:

Try cornish pasties. Mince meat and vegetables (including potatoes) in a pastry pocket.

Montana has authentic Cornish pasties supposedly and is only like 1000 miles away, but I’d still rather visit Cornwall than Montana cause I’m like 50% welsh 45% Cornish and 5% Austrian war criminal. I think pasties are in my blood at least a bit.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They make pasties in either Minnesota or the UP of Michigan. I can't remember. But they aren't Irish. I can't remember the demographics there. Scandinavian of some sort I think.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Rice and beans with the fried plantains and pico. :discourse:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Chicken fajita soup

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I made some leftover salmon but it turned out pretty so here you go:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Pork tagine and tabbouleh.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
At work today I was randomly like, "drat a hashbrown casserole would be good as gently caress," so I went to the grocery and got all the ingredients and made a hashbrown casserole. In the oven right now and it smells amazing. Piled high with bacon, onion, orange pepper, jalapeno and cheese.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chief McHeath posted:

At work today I was randomly like, "drat a hashbrown casserole would be good as gently caress," so I went to the grocery and got all the ingredients and made a hashbrown casserole. In the oven right now and it smells amazing. Piled high with bacon, onion, orange pepper, jalapeno and cheese.

I've always wanted to make that. I've heard that's a regular "hot dish" from the Minnesota region. I'm too lazy to google it so I'm not sure.

I'm probably going to have a frozen Tombstone pizza tonight. I'll add a ton of cheese to it... as is tradition. I've getting drunk as gently caress and am going to eat half of it at the very least.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I made food

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

I made food

Bold choice.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Making food is more impressive than buying food. And that's commendable.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tofu terriyaki over steamed rice. Ran out of the good soy sauce yesterday so I had to use some cheap kikoman. It did turn out baller af but I'm excited to try it with the fancy soy sauce.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

They make pasties in either Minnesota or the UP of Michigan. I can't remember. But they aren't Irish. I can't remember the demographics there. Scandinavian of some sort I think.

That would be the UP. Minnesotans have an ancestral distrust of hot food not served in a pyrex dish.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

I've always wanted to make that. I've heard that's a regular "hot dish" from the Minnesota region. I'm too lazy to google it so I'm not sure.

I'm probably going to have a frozen Tombstone pizza tonight. I'll add a ton of cheese to it... as is tradition. I've getting drunk as gently caress and am going to eat half of it at the very least.

I don't know where it comes from either, but my great-grandma and grandma lived in Skokie, IL, so an upper-midwest hot dish seems like it fits. My mom always prepped one of these for Christmas Eve breakfast. I need to ask my sister that has all the old recipe books if she has the exact formula. Also the meatloaf, and the crab/seafood/chicken a-la-king.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just mindlessly ate a pound of pistachios right before bed that was probably a good idea.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bird with big dick posted:

I just mindlessly ate a pound of pistachios right before bed that was probably a good idea.

You gunna have a belly ache

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i was drunk and ordered Mexican food.

Spinach enchiladas (uneaten, in fridge)
Tacos Al Carbon (uneaten, in fridge)

2 shredded beef soft tacos add pico de Gallo - these were delicious but bizarre in that they put the 2 tacos in a normal styrofoam takeout and absolutely FILLED IT with pico, an entire layer of pico over and surrounded the tacos. Ate it all yum yum

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tonight I am going to call upon the ghost of Chen Kenichi and create elegant dumplings from homemade skins. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Literally A Person posted:

Tonight I am going to call upon the ghost of Chen Kenichi and create elegant dumplings from homemade skins. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

Chen Kenichi is still alive

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Chen Kenichi is still alive

Not for long...

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

gonna make jambalaya tonight cause mardi gras

deano
Sep 6, 2000

tacos

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

Slow cooked bolognese sauce. Beef mince, celery, onion, tinned tomato, a splash of Cabernet Sauvignon. Left overnight and turned off this morning.

Going to refrigerate it until tomorrow to let the flavours meld, and stuff some tomato and capsicum and whack them in the air fryer for dinner tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I ordered 4 bowls of outback wallaby chili or whatever it’s called, 30 ounces of sirloin steak I chopped into bite size pieces with scissors, a can of hatch chillies and a bottle of el Yucateco red. It is now simmering on my stove. I should put some marmite in it so my stew made of almost 100% beef will taste even beefier.