Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Endorph posted:

is this why you were in support of hornyposting

are you loving serious?

"2butt" is kind of a well-known joke at this point. why wouldn't someone apply it to the anime too? it's not about horny, it's "jokes about character's rear end are easy to make and funny", like jokes about forklifts and sailors in the Shenmue anime

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's well known and also horny. Not mutually exclusive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

are you loving serious?

"2butt" is kind of a well-known joke at this point. why wouldn't someone apply it to the anime too? it's not about horny

buddy.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Cool stuff

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

2 butt 2 post

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space Flower posted:

just for the record 2b's butt is in the key visual

Makes sense, it's more of a character than most of the humans are.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Elden Ring

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

To be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that I was horny at cartoon/video game rear end (which I'm not). I'm laughing at the idea of using that as a standard for judging animation quality of the anime, since that particular part of the character's anatomy was so painstakingly crafted in the game.

I am laughing AT the horny, not WITH the horny.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

littleorv posted:

Elden Ring

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

To be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that I was horny at cartoon/video game rear end. I'm laughing at the idea of using that as a standard for judging animation quality of the anime, since that particular part of the character's anatomy was so painstakingly crafted in the game.

I am laughing AT the horny, not WITH the horny.
bro.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

littleorv posted:

Elden Ring

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

oh my loving god :ughh:

gently caress this I'mma go work out

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Laughing for horny

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Laughing because hirny

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Laughing despite horny

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:chast2b:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

*in senchou marine voice* i'm horny!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not interested in the nier anime.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anime

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:eyepop:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I liked everything about Nier aside from the combat so an anime could be cool for me

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

I don't think the nier anime will be very good

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Stairmaster posted:

What a god

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

do we know if taro has any involvement? if so there'll probably be some cool drakengard lore or w.e lol

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I liked everything about Nier aside from the combat so an anime could be cool for me

OG or Automata? The anime is Automata and I felt that combat was actually decent.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Dongicus posted:

do we know if taro has any involvement? if so there'll probably be some cool drakengard lore or w.e lol

The amount of 2b fan service scales exponentially with taros involvement

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I’m glad there’s going to be a nier anime because that means there’s another nier ost lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i feel like most of the interesting and/or emotionally resonant parts of automata's writing are contingent on it being a video game in order to land

if this is a spin off story or significant rewrite then all bets are off but otherwise i'm going to assume it will be as ignorable as the twewy anime

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The stories in Nier Reincarnation are really good so I guess I hope it's something like that and not just retelling the game

Stairmaster posted:

See you in a month

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Anything Yoko Taro is involved with will be insanely creative, but not necessarily good.

The story telling for the Nier games is pretty big on the whole replaying the game to see the progression of "endings" which are actually just further continuations of the story.

Not sure how they plan to do that for the anime unless its going to being "Ending A" then the follow episode shifts to a different character focus for the next ending and so on.

Nier Automata was a shock massive success and ripe for IP expansion, but regarding the whole 2butt thing 2B isn't really the focus of the game, like 3/4ths of it are 9S and A2

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I hope they have one for just yanking the cpu

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
turning the nier automata joke endings into post-credits gags or ad break gags would actually be really good

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How would you even possibly adapt Automata’s final ending in anime form?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i doubt its a direct 1:1 adaptation. maybe ill have egg on my face but it doesnt seem like this franchise's style.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's gonna repeat most of the same episode Haruhi style

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just don't think anime based on games usually turn out great. But yeah actually it will probably have some cool music, so it will probably be ok.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

How would you even possibly adapt Automata’s final ending in anime form?

If they make you purchase it with a one time only use key for a digital download.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
did the nier replicant remake make the combat more enjoyable? i was thinking about getting it, but held off for the moment because i want to go through automata first

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Willo567 posted:

did the nier replicant remake make the combat more enjoyable? i was thinking about getting it, but held off for the moment because i want to go through automata first

It did, yeah. It still won't blow your socks off or anything but it's better (I thought the original combat was fine but that's me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

kirbysuperstar posted:

It did, yeah. It still won't blow your socks off or anything but it's better (I thought the original combat was fine but that's me)

I agree, with the caveat that if you really disliked it you probably still will