Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
still working on my last hitting to afford items with actives but when I do they will be on 1-6 like a normal person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

6 is so loving far across the keyboard are you crazy. May as well use Backspace.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I've always used 1-6 for items which works fine, except it kind of screws up being able to use ctrl groups. I play Visage a ton, so I basically only need a key bind for non-hero units since it's rare you need to split the Familiars, but it comes up when I get an illusion rune on him.

I should re-bind my items but I feel like my muscle memory is too deep at this point.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Numbers go for units did any of you play RTS games.

Yup, this is why I know what I'm doing is wrong but I never bothered to fix.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
What no you use function keys like an adult

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

I was bad at them that's why i play dota

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Arteezy has some truly horrifying camera control. It’s impressive that he manages to look at 30% of the entire map every second but it’s sickening to watch.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

1 - select hero
2 - select courier
3 - buy next item on quickbuy
4 - deliver items to hero

gotta shop fast

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

press F1 to select your army, f2 to select idle workers

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

press f3 to select your late rear end patch wath the gently caress

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

F1 = hero
F2 = all
F3 = all but hero

sugar free jazz posted:

press f3 to select your late rear end patch wath the gently caress

:yeah:

From Software is gonna be so embarassed when their new game is DOA because everyone's playing the new patch instead!!!!!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/primalbeast

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.dota2.com/primalbeast

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

aw poo poo

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

When a hero respawns in the fountain, they are invulnerable as long as there's at least one enemy hero in the base until they issue a command

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oh my god they reintroduced damage types

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

AHHHHHHHH

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

quote:

Rushing savagely through enemies and allies alike, Primal Beast pounds into battle as one born to raise a ruckus.

You are hereby required to listen to this song while reading the update page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZEhS4bwEk

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Revenant's Brooch
Active: Your next 5 attacks have true strike and deal magical damage. Can attack Ethereal units. Expires after 15s. Mana cost: 250. Cooldown: 45s

we got a HARKONS YEAH

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's like icefraud heard my complaints about league adding boring people heroes.

Doesn't quite make up for adding A Girl as a hero but it's a start.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

thats cool, I guess I was expecting a lot of big changes but its just new neutrals? though I’m sure that and damage types will have a big effect overall

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
New Techies has literally only 1 mine, and it's his ult.

RIP Techies being different from other supports. No idea if they'll be good or bad now, but this annihilates the previous spirit of the hero.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm already so confused by Peircing, Reinforced, and Runty

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

AM can now use diffusal and it stacks, not sure how that's going to work out.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sab669 posted:

I'm already so confused by Peircing, Reinforced, and Runty

look at this loving scrub lmao jsut lmao

next they're gonna reintroduce actual orb effects and people will be like whoaaa whaaat and look at the screen like that meme with teh confused guy

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

RIP Techies being different from other supports. No idea if they'll be good or bad now, but this annihilates the previous spirit of the hero.
yes the previous spirit of the hero was "extremely disruptive to the other 9 people in the game" which is why they reworked it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bawfuls posted:

yes the previous spirit of the hero was "extremely disruptive to the other 9 people in the game" which is why they reworked it

Riot mentality

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Neutral Items now show through Fog of War for the team they belong to until they are picked up.

WHO LEFT THE MASK ON THE GROUND WHERE IS IT??

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Culling Blade
Killing an enemy hero grants a permanent +1/1.5/2 armor bonus to Axe

oh my god there's so much weird poo poo lmao

chen players are just absolutely jizzing their brains out

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 24, 2022

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bracer/nul talisman/wraith band double their bonuses after 25 minutes hrmmmmm not sure this will keep them from getting sold late anyway

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sleight of Fist
No longer deals reduced damage to creeps
Cooldown decreased from 18/14/10/6 to 15/12/9/6
Bonus hero damage rescaled from 40/80/120/160 to 60/90/120/150
Flame Guard
Now absorbs 70% of magical damage taken
Absorb amount reduced from 110/240/370/500 to 85/190/295/400. (Shield disables after receiving 121/271/421/571 damage)
Fire Remnant
Cast point increased from 0 to 0.1

i think ember is better.....? Is he just a big fuckoff farmer now that just maxes sleight?

rofl
Faceless Void
Base HP regen increased from 0.5 to 1

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The techies changes suck, techies ruining the game for his own team wasonly a thing when the techies player sucked.

Primal Beast not just being 'a dude' is a nice change though

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

REAPER'S SCYTHE
No longer increases enemies' death timers
Killing an enemy with Reaper's Scythe now grants Necrophos +3/6/9 HP/s and +1/2/3 mana regen permanently

nurf to the fun grief parts, buff to the steamroll i guess

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Dazzle changes could be cool but I wonder if it'll make scepter feel mandatory

edit: this Living Armor nurf is rough though, went from 5/8.3/11.7/15 HP per second to 3/4/5/6 HP per second

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 24, 2022

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's so many changes I love and hate

Tempest double nerf suuuucks.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Warp Grenade
New Ability granted by Shard. Throws a grenade towards a unit, dealing 50 damage, teleporting it 600 units away from tinker and reduces their cast and attack range by 40% for 3 seconds. Mana cost: 150. Cooldown: 15s. Cast Range: 700. Projectile speed: 1900

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Acerbatus posted:

The techies changes suck, techies ruining the game for his own team wasonly a thing when the techies player sucked.

Not remotely true even in competitive

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

bawfuls posted:

REAPER'S SCYTHE
No longer increases enemies' death timers
Killing an enemy with Reaper's Scythe now grants Necrophos +3/6/9 HP/s and +1/2/3 mana regen permanently

nurf to the fun grief parts, buff to the steamroll i guess

I've always liked that Dota was, for lack of a better term, "brave" about allowing abilities and playstyles that seemed OP / unusual / against expectations.

Really feels like they're sanding down a lot of that with this patch and also over the last couple years. I don't like it - I don't want League Of Legends, I want something with more character and a bit more wild.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Why the gently caress did ogre ignite not get a damage nerf.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lycan/chen/enchant are going to be absolute monsters and its gonna loving suck lamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
every patch valve just keeps on making enigma's midnight pulse an even more terrible joke

just return it to pure damage why do you keep making it worse :negative:

they even nerfed his worthless shard lmao