Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Russia’s ‘peacekeeping mission’ in Ukraine – Vladimir Putin has recognised the independence of two Russian-controlled territories in east Ukraine, the self-proclaimed republics in Luhansk and Donetsk, and ordered his troops into the area"

Telegraph:

Matt:

EU approves wide-ranging sanctions against Russia over Ukraine

Independent:

UK ministers plan tougher sanctions against Russia after PM criticised

Times:

Evening Standard:

Revealed: Thousands face decade-long criminal records for Covid rule breaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Yaotsble-backwards Dze

Special Kellies nomination: Worst use of Cyrillic characters

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
AGC??

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

I dunno, maybe you should ask the People's Freedom Militia For the Defense of Traditional American Families to see if they have any idea.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

When it was weaponized by your side.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

How can one gently caress up making fun of libertarians this bad?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Scott Morrison with defence minister Peter Dutton. NSW Liberals set to take federal minister to court in battle over who chooses election candidates (ABC). Morrison's representative Alex Hawke hasn't been attending meetings to elect their executives and the NSW Liberals are accusing him and Morrison of trying to run out the clock so the local branches have no time to vote meaning Morrison can step in and hand pick who he wants. Meanwhile the shadow election campaign has been running in key must-win NSW seats and the Liberals don't have candidates.

Rowe:

Lethbridge:

Shakespeare:

Warren Brown:

Knight:

Most News Corp papers tend to crop the cartoons but you get the gist.

Dyson:

Leak, Son of Leak:

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies nomination: Most easily reinterpreted

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Says someone all for the party of the PATRIOT Act, no-fly lists, free speech zones, "LOCK HER UP!"...

quote:

alwayshasbeen.jpg

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

PUTIN’S NO TEDDY BEAR

Joe Biden continues to fade. At his press conference yesterday he again came across as befuddled. His slurring and mumbling makes him even harder to understand. He actually asked for help from his handlers. Of course, Dementia Joe does not make any decisions. He’s a figurehead. (Or knucklehead if you prefer). They wheel him out to read a teleprompter and then he promptly stumbles away weakly without fielding questions.

Two years ago Biden tweeted, “Vladimir Putin doesn’t want me to be president. He doesn’t want me to be our nominee,” Mr Biden said on Twitter on 21 February, 2020. “If you’re wondering why – it’s because I’m the only person in this field who’s ever gone toe-to-toe with him.”

Joe is now too incapacitated to go toe-to-toe with anyone, especially Putin’s bear claw. Biden is not fit to make any decisions other than choosing his ice cream flavor in a nursing home. Putin along with everyone else knows Joe and his regime are weak. Just look at their disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal. Biden is the classic emperor with no clothes and no brain. It’s likely the Davos crowd is calling the shots, not Biden. The unelected Klaus Schwab probably has more sway than Joe.

That said, Joe did engage in criminal deals with Ukraine and his son Hunter raked in millions of dollars as a result. Did Biden pledge them his support if Russia invaded? If so, the Ukrainian leaders will not be happy. Perhaps they’ll officially spill the beans on the Biden family corruption.

We at GrrrGraphics believe we should stay out of the region. Ukraine is not a NATO country, nor is it a free country. The USA should not be the world’s policeman. Citizens are suffering in North Korea. Should we invade North Korea? Citizens in communist China are being sent to concentration camps based on their ethnicity and religion. The communists promised Hong Kong would retain their freedoms. The communists lied. Should we invade China? Of course not.

Joe and his programmers have left our southern border wide open. They’ve even aided the illegals by flying them around to locations within the country. It’s time to protect our own borders, not the borders of Ukraine.

— Ben Garrison

Putin's still shirtless, but at least he's not also in a tank this time.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
That's not Putin, that's Mads Mikkelson.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Literally no one is talking about the US invading Ukraine but sure go ahead and argue against it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cat Puke posted:

How can one gently caress up making fun of libertarians this bad?

He voted for Gary Johnson, he "makes fun" of Libertarians by noting how they're all rugged self-reliant pioneers who outsmart the government by living off the grid so wacky lol, also they have huge dicks and crush mad pussy lol so random see I mock all sides

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Murdstone posted:

Literally no one is talking about the US invading Ukraine but sure go ahead and argue against it.

Prefacing that with a couple paragraphs bitching that Biden is too weak to stand up to Putin and scare him off is also a strange choice, should we be getting involved or shouldn't we

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

That is a notably bad Putin caricature, what an easy one to whiff on.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's loving wild how badly Benny boy beats the drum for war, but then also calls everyone a warmonger and insists on American isolationism.

VitalSigns posted:

Prefacing that with a couple paragraphs bitching that Biden is too weak to stand up to Putin and scare him off is also a strange choice, should we be getting involved or shouldn't we

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
I don't typically mean to sass the mods or defend VitalSigns but I'm pretty sure this post was meant to mean that Ben Garrison had, in his rant, complained that Biden was too weak to stand up to Russia, before then also saying that Biden shouldn't get involved. I don't think Vitalsigns was claiming that Murdstone or anyone else in the thread was making that argument, just Garrison.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, I wouldn't even call that post ambiguous tbh

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

can someone post that not all that recent Garrison where Biden was a Bloodthirsty Warmonger just FIENDING for those sweet sweet profits from war?

also everyone who is trans might wanna tune out of this thread because I sense were are gonna get the absolutely most horrid takes on the Texas Greg Abbot Trans Hate Law

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Vital signs should be banned instead of probed so they can come back faster

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Hihohe posted:

also everyone who is trans might wanna tune out of this thread because I sense were are gonna get the absolutely most horrid takes on the Texas Greg Abbot Trans Hate Law

i think i can speak for all trans people when i say nobody ever clicks on this thread without expecting to see the most vile transphobia we've ever seen in our lives

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

If so, the Ukrainian leaders will not be happy. Perhaps they’ll officially spill the beans on the Biden family corruption.

lol this is just sad

Hihohe posted:

We just had a cartoon where a woman tells a little girl that a silver medal in the Olympics is now the worst thing a woman can win because of trans athletes, and Mike Wife Beater Lester made a cartoon about putting a dolphin in women's swimming because "They won't complain about anything." This thread has already had plenty of transphobia. But yeah I'm expecting some incredibly gross and lovely takes after seeing Twitter talk about how Abbot is going after health care services that support trans kids.

And hey we might have the Supreme Court legalize discrimination against gay people soon so that'll be "fun" too.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hihohe posted:

can someone post that not all that recent Garrison where Biden was a Bloodthirsty Warmonger just FIENDING for those sweet sweet profits from war?

it's kind of impressive because as schizoid as garrison is one consistent viewpoint he's maintained up until now, regardless of whether it was big daddy trump or hideous snake-swamp biden/obama/clinton, is a staunchly anti-war sentiment.

until right now i guess, because the united states of 'murica can't look weak on the global stage so gotta bomb a bunch of people

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

I saw the ♀ before "misogyny" and got worried for a moment, like Pett was warning there might be women on the internet.

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Shirtless Putin on Hank the Tank

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Still Leading from Behind Biden continues to lead from a position of weakness emboldening our enemies like Russia, China, and Iran.
Ah good, Biden remembered to pack the shorter teleprompter today.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

holy poo poo, now that's how you go about this distinctly without falling back on the ol' shirtless tank imagery.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Although there's far less of them than shirtless Putin in tanks cartoons, I'm even more pissed off by the assholes who were cheering for cops beating protesters last year calling Trudeau a fascist communist dictator/

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
drat has anybody just tried not having war?? This really opened my eyes.

I thought the whole problem was appeasement and working with our enemies, now the problem is we're not working with them?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow it's almost as if just yelling "war is not the answer" is also not the answer. Really makes you think.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

"lol" - Ares

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I suggest a new Kellies Kategory on the Putin cartoons, because we may see a lot of them this year. Not quite sure how to capture it.

...Bear in mind that the entire shirtless Putin thing comes directly from propaganda stories that Putin's people promoted through domestic media, one of many strongman messages that, unfortunately, cartoonists have lazily internalized as a shorthand.

:siren:Kellies update:siren:: Nominations have been collected and at this time, we are looking at 391 nominees, spread across 23 Kategories, plus 29 Special Ks (not counting bbits or other profile surprises). 79 of the nominations were by the_steve. For comparison, we had 192 nominees total last year.

However, we currently have very few nominees in the following kategories:

Worst "Two Things Happened" Cartoon
Best AGC Interpretation
Best Overall
Worst Obituary

To keep these categories viable, please nominate additional cartoons for them from the 2021 thread . They're all right on the border at present. You can nominate cartoons by PMing me, or by posting in the nominations thread. Please do not nominate them here, or they'll get confused with this year's entries.

Additionally, please be selective with joke nominations and nominating comics for multiple kategories. I like Special Ks and some comics are absolutely multi-kategory kontenders, but they're a lot of additional work to process.

I will finish the encoding and formatting process for the nominations in the coming week. Thank you all for your patience.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
It appears I was wrong about the any day now thing. Mea culpa. gently caress.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nice.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I like it how Garrison is so drat sure the Ukrainians will now release the Hunter Biden piss tapes or something after which Trump will become president again and take Hillary to prison :allears:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Even if I agreed with the cartoon's take, calling him the most irresponsible man in the world is a pretty bold claim.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Ambitious Spider posted:

Even if I agreed with the cartoon's take, calling him the most irresponsible man in the world is a pretty bold claim.

It’s a parody of the “most interesting man in the world” Dos Equis ads. Which haven’t been a thing in a while?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ambitious Spider posted:

If he freed literally every single prisoner in the entirety of the US it would still be less irresponsible than the average billionaire

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I actually haven't listened to Biden in ages, since I don't really watch my news, but I heard him speak the other day. The man sounds tired. I know it's a tough job and everyone ages violently during it, but this really making a good case to not have such an old president.

The cartoonists here like to say he's got dementia or whatever, which is just cruel and wrong, but he does sound exhausted just go with that.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I actually haven't listened to Biden in ages, since I don't really watch my news, but I heard him speak the other day. The man sounds tired. I know it's a tough job and everyone ages violently during it, but this really making a good case to not have such an old president.

The cartoonists here like to say he's got dementia or whatever, which is just cruel and wrong, but he does sound exhausted just go with that.

I don't remember which of the right-wing political mock threads I said it in (Maybe freep?) but a lot of the "Biden has dementia" takes are latching on to things he uses to manage his reletively aggressive studder. So they're not just lovely takes (I wasn't a fan of the Trumpmentia takes either, to be fair, even if that's a bit "it turns out you don't, in fact, have to give it to them"), they're ABLEIST lovely takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

I don't typically mean to sass the mods or defend VitalSigns
Aw :(

Vib Rib posted:

but I'm pretty sure this post was meant to mean that Ben Garrison had, in his rant, complained that Biden was too weak to stand up to Russia, before then also saying that Biden shouldn't get involved. I don't think Vitalsigns was claiming that Murdstone or anyone else in the thread was making that argument, just Garrison.
Correct

It's one of the issues with modding by reports I think, sometimes mods are just trying to clear the report queue and don't have time to read all the context around a dozen posts that got reported or whatever

If so it's weird that anyone would report a pretty anodyne post calling Ben Garrison a hypocrite because what, did Tina pay :10bux: for an account?