Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

As a leftists where do I start if I want to get into guns

Depending on your area, I'd suggest considering joining the SRA. Nationals is a dumpster fire, but local chapters can be alright.
It's like... $20 for a year ??? Worth a shot to meet non-shitheads (*hopefully) that can help teach you some things

what an awful snype.

https://imgur.com/tjwYalp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

👆this👆 we need to have trust in democratic leadership to come with a completely novel losing strategy

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

If we stopped Putin from invading Ukraine….would that end racism? Would that end sexism?

"Black people ain't having none of stopping Putin from invading Ukraine!" -a middle-aged white Khiver

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Instead of cowering defensively, Democrats should try to engage these arguments and win them, Greg Sargent writes:
https://twitter.com/PostOpinions/status/1496526069125431298?s=20&t=NFbTcAUrt0-eXPncmM2uFQ

Democrats desperate to find ANYTHING to run on in 22 other than having improved anyone's material conditions.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

SHe's completely unlikable, so she'll probably crash and burn on MSNBC and then leave cable news to go back to the re-election campaign or Harris campaign or whatever in another year.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnimeIsTrash posted:

got his rear end

chk chk gottem

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

What in god's name is this abomination

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
B Wyatt Mann

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the democrats arent going to engage on republicans banning books because taking a position on an issue might scare away moderates and donors

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

loquacius posted:

I gotta say, you spend a concerning amount of time trying to figure out what I jerk off to
I mean, if you don't like all the chit-chat over it you could set the record straight right here and now.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

give us some advance notice tho so we can set up a betting pool first

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/PostOpinions/status/1496557341948493825?s=20&t=hUZXqTN6oU-rGPXsYOjlRQ

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

uhhh

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Instead of cowering defensively, Democrats should try to engage these arguments and win them, Greg Sargent writes:
https://twitter.com/PostOpinions/status/1496526069125431298?s=20&t=NFbTcAUrt0-eXPncmM2uFQ

Everything is the lefts fault :reddit:
https://twitter.com/MojoJosho/status/1496580777894682638?s=20&t=NFbTcAUrt0-eXPncmM2uFQ

lmao, DCCC's own leaked slide deck tell dems to run away from the left.

The data showed that Democrats could mostly regain the ground lost to Republicans if they offered a strong rebuttal to the political hits. When faced with a “defund the police” attack, for instance, the presenters encouraged Democrats to reiterate their support for police. And on immigration, they said Democrats should deny support for “open borders or amnesty,” and talk about their efforts to keep the border safe.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Willa Rogers posted:

The data showed that Democrats could mostly regain the ground lost to Republicans if they offered a strong rebuttal to the political hits. When faced with a “defund the police” attack, for instance, the presenters encouraged Democrats to reiterate their support for police. And on immigration, they said Democrats should deny support for “open borders or amnesty,” and talk about their efforts to keep the border safe.

This is so loving dumb.. You can never be more pro-police or anti-immigration than the republican you are running against.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

Perpetual losers

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

"Nuh uh, I'm poo poo! I'm REALLY poo poo! Stop saying I'm not poo poo!!!"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

literally "we gotta get more racist" with that immigration stuff.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

this ghoul just snacking on the starvlings

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

getting some mixed messages here Az

Az is just making the point that you should only call *people* retards. The soyface twitter man is not a person, so the post was offensive and inappropriate. I don't think it's too much to expect people to remember such a small thing.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Willa Rogers posted:

Didn’t every single D who tried this lose re-election

surprised they even have to advise pols, it’s a known losing tactic so they should be already 100% committed

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you're a retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

AmiYumi posted:

surprised they even have to advise pols, it’s a known losing tactic so they should be already 100% committed

losing and getting donations and being able to yap about the good things they'll do once they get power is probably preferable to winning and doing what they're doing now

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

AmiYumi posted:

When the people in charge want horrible things, the only options are to run on horrible things you'll do or run on good things you won't do.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

poo poo, I wish I was getting paid to hate this person as much as I do

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

an ouroboros of poo poo

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

tactlessbastard posted:

poo poo, I wish I was getting paid to hate this person as much as I do

when you find a job you love you'll never work a day in your life

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Seems bad. Maybe biden should say something in opposition to this but alas :shrug:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1496474347350933506?s=20&t=mT5JRbRzcmBu-qR9x6WQkQ

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I mean, if you don't like all the chit-chat over it you could set the record straight right here and now.

I jerk off... to you *romantic music plays*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

they are literally deciding to move right

the overton window is being actively and purposely shifted right

we all knew this of course it's just a real "oh my god he admit it" moment

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Substandard posted:

This is so loving dumb.. You can never be more pro-police or anti-immigration than the republican you are running against.
a strategy where you try to keep up with the GOP with a more moderate vision of their egregious social conservatism, but without going ham on it all the time like they do, and then make up for it with real appeals to material circumstances and offering real solutions there, isn't without merit. it's basically "social conservatism / fiscal liberalism" in American political terms, which is a massive bloc of voters that pretty much get ignored by everyone right now and have been for decades, and as a result are not really politically engaged.

of course the democrats aren't doing that. instead half the party is doing (not quite as) socially conservative / (not quite as) fiscally conservative while the other half does socially liberal / (not quite as) fiscally conservative

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

loquacius posted:

I jerk off... to you *romantic music plays*
inconceivable!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

remember when "I'm a social conservative, fiscal liberal" was a punchline on 30 Rock

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IaYm3NjJnM

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Seems bad. Maybe biden should say something in opposition to this but alas :shrug:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1496474347350933506?s=20&t=mT5JRbRzcmBu-qR9x6WQkQ
Biden is a deeply empathetic man so he will uh... Post something maybe

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

genius, nothing says strong rebuttal like echoing your opponent's position

nuance? never heard of it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I seriously have no idea what the intended effect is supposed to be

because the people who want the Republican position are always gonna trust the Republican candidate more to actually carry it out, and the people who don't want the Republican position are gonna have super depressed turnout because they have no reason to vote. Y'know, like what always happens when they try this poo poo. There ARE some people who say they want the Republican position but want to vote for a Democrat, but they are little paypigs who will want whatever you tell them to want so who the gently caress cares

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

sitewide banner https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ukraine%27s_Cultural_Diplomacy_Month

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 03:11 on Feb 24, 2022

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

they are literally deciding to move right

the overton window is being actively and purposely shifted right

we all knew this of course it's just a real "oh my god he admit it" moment

post this in d&d surely now they’ll finally accept the dems are acting in bad faith :nsa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I just want psaki to sniff my hair and tasteful foot pics, ok?!