Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I remember when Sekiro came out everyone was crying about it as usual, while I watched a paraplegic guy play and beat it no problem lol

I've seen pro FG players who have no use of their arms press buttons by using their face/mouth and they placed high at majors. And those are supposed to be the "hardest games". The fact is you're pushing loving buttons on a controller, a goddamn monkey could beat these games given enough time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Control Volume posted:

[game journalist staring at a pdf menu of Joes Spicy Tacos, home of the worlds spiciest tacos™] The lack of accessibility options for people with ulcers is problematic, to say the least. And if the only response you ahve to this is "go to a different loving restaurant you malding little freak", maybe youre the-- wait a minute, all the tacos have TORTILLAS?! when CELIACS EXIST?!?

i work at a pizza place and so often people are like oh I have celiacs btw and I'm like ok so we have flour and a dough press and everything in the entire store has gluten on it. you can't eat here if you have celiacs, you'll have a seizure. and they're always immediately like oh no it's fine. lol.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
The bitch at wal mart wouldn’t sell me this game early. Even threw in a “we definitely have it in the back, you can come back on Friday to get it.” gently caress you.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Accessibility is good. What the game journalists call accessibility is not. Namaste.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
foreshadowing is ableist because it requires you to remember something

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the older I get the more deeply I respect art that asks some effort on your part. the payoff is always fuckin epic

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Accessibility is good. What the game journalists call accessibility is not. Namaste.

HolePisser1982 posted:

the older I get the more deeply I respect art that asks some effort on your part. the payoff is always fuckin epic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

This. Ever seen Lost?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

when i was like seven i watched a blind kid beat wolfenstein in the elementary school library by shovin his face next to the speakers and reacting to sound cues. anything is possible

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

emphatically this

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah stuff like built in colorblindness filters and that Xbox custom controller stuff is great and I'm glad devs are paying attention to it. Game should know no barriers except being a loving moron.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DSP has beaten every fromsoft game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My dyscalculia makes me extremely bad with finances so I am unable to afford to play Elden Ring, devs need to make several 'accessibility keys' available for those of us who are financially disabled.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wearing blinders today. focusing on work. dont wanna be spoiled on anything. i spoiled myself on a ton of DS3 stuff right before it came out and still regret it, i want every surprise in this game to knock me on my rear end. also planning to stream it a shitload lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/LePrixEstJuste/status/1496568474243670021

EmmyOk posted:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

wearing blinders today. focusing on work. dont wanna be spoiled on anything. i spoiled myself on a ton of DS3 stuff right before it came out and still regret it, i want every surprise in this game to knock me on my rear end. also planning to stream it a shitload lol

wearing diapers today. focusing on turds. dont wanna soil anything. i soiled myself in a ton of Wranglers right before i came out and still regret it, i want every crap to knock me on my rear end. also planning to pee a shitload lol

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I even get why people avoid media with weirdly specific things, everyone has their poo poo, it's saying that the media is a slight against the disabled that's beyond the pale to me.

Not to be too personal but last fall my dad got a foot amputated and he lives in a deeply rural part of Texas where even the disability & welfare offices and stuff often don't have wheelchair ramps, those handicap buttons to open doors, etc and it's insane to spend 3-4 months talking to him about this and all the various mundane ways he could and occasionally does eat poo poo, and then reflect on years of various Chief Editors of Accessibility and Criminal Erotica complaining about lack of quest markers, intentional static difficulty curves, digital spiders, and being asked if Spelunky 2 is good even though you're working from home during a freaking pandemic, like it's in any way on the same continuum.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

wearing diapers today. focusing on turds. dont wanna soil anything. i soiled myself in a ton of Wranglers right before i came out and still regret it, i want every crap to knock me on my rear end. also planning to pee a shitload lol

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Dutchy posted:

Not to be too personal but last fall my dad got a foot amputated and he lives in a deeply rural part of Texas where even the disability & welfare offices and stuff often don't have wheelchair ramps, those handicap buttons to open doors, etc and it's insane to spend 3-4 months talking to him about this and all the various mundane ways he could and occasionally does eat poo poo, and then reflect on years of various Chief Editors of Accessibility and Criminal Erotica complaining about lack of quest markers, intentional static difficulty curves, digital spiders, and being asked if Spelunky 2 is good even though you're working from home during a freaking pandemic, like it's in any way on the same continuum.

not to also get too personal, but my gradfather fell out of a guard tower

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dutchy posted:

Game journalists deserve to be in prison

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
TheTaoOfJake.

https://twitter.com/thetaoofjake/status/1496608076769955842

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

herculon posted:

Lmao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

[sideways chad head] "Yes."

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao
1. wearing diapers
2. turds
3. "soiled myself"
4. leg sticking out of turd flap

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Squashing Machine posted:

Elden Ring demands too much of us in an age where many of us are parents, on-call health professionals, and little Dutch boys who could be called away at any moment to stop up the town's dike with their finger. We need to do better

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Remember how Dawn Horizon literally saved humanity from the brink of extinction? Oh sorry, I forgot. Big Epic Sword Guy swings his sword for the win. :rolleyes: Rubbish.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Dutchy posted:

Not to be too personal but my father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I suggest you try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

goferchan posted:

Not to be too personal but my father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I suggest you try it.

lol