Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Before you buy youtube dude is reporting some texture/terrain pop-in that is a little jarring for console peasants.

Also reporting some occasional slowdowns on their high end PC, but nothing extreme

Kinda think my lower spec PC is gonna chug this game. DS3 ran great but its been a while since DS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
elden ring lategame area spoilers:

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

poe meater posted:

Make sure to update your graphic drivers :)

My drivers are Game Ready for Destiny 2!!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Willfrey posted:

Before you buy youtube dude is reporting some texture/terrain pop-in that is a little jarring for console peasants.

Also reporting some occasional slowdowns on their high end PC, but nothing extreme

Kinda think my lower spec PC is gonna chug this game. DS3 ran great but its been a while since DS3

Many reports of PC stutter being so bad that it kills you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what's a cheatcode to get the game to run once you have the preload file? like can you pull your ram out slightly and it'll bypass the check?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

KidDynamite posted:

lol i got banned

Goondolences on your nuked stream but you upset the Gods. Who is to say who’s right?

(It’s Fromsoft’s lawyers)

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
i wish i knew some people who weren't total babies and were getting this game. occasional co-op looks like it would be pretty fun and i've always loved dueling/invasions. all my PS5 friends flat out aren't getting it :colbert:

there a discord or anything here where people link up?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Many reports of PC stutter being so bad that it kills you.

well, i've lived a good life at least

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Do we know what arcane does yet, other than just item find.

Early on it was said to be relevant to some spells, but I don't know what they are or if this got verified. I am guessing arcane is tied to the lore somehow (hence not calling it luck) and that there are spells that fall outside faith/int staples. Also it helps you resist death.

Just me speculating tho.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

g-c posted:

i wish i knew some people who weren't total babies and were getting this game. occasional co-op looks like it would be pretty fun and i've always loved dueling/invasions. all my PS5 friends flat out aren't getting it :colbert:

Plenty of Souls freaks in the PS5 thread, and there's a link to the playstation goon discord in the OP. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941400

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

g-c posted:

Yes!

https://discord.gg/Ymgt8bYp

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Section Z posted:

For basic blocking life they have even added a post block "Guard counter" where you make a stronger retaliation strike after a successful block. Also I think there is some kind of weapon art for shields that is "What if you could block even harder?"

Flattening dogs loitering by staircases just got a hell of a lot easier, maybe, possibly.

Considering they are giving the Knight class "And also a halberd", hopefully that is a good sign.

"Do I want to start with a longbow and Katana? Or do I want a halberd and to laugh at dogs and rats bouncing off my shield (and poise?)" Has me currently flip flopping between Vagabond or Samurai.

:getin:

For our resident has-played-Elden-Ringers, is blocking with weapons still worthless? It'd be nice if you could get some decent block out of 2-handing something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In case you haven't grabbed a key yet

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1496641295913140224

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
[delete]

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Appoda posted:

For our resident has-played-Elden-Ringers, is blocking with weapons still worthless? It'd be nice if you could get some decent block out of 2-handing something.

i haven't played it, but I have been reading, and they buffed 2 hand blocking, and you can do an r2 guard counter(which does a good bit of stance damage, or whatever it's called) now after a successful block from what I understand.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Appoda posted:

It may be slightly better I think but TBH if I'm going to be blocking it'll be with a shield. Admittedly the bias of playing a 'oh my brittle old man bones' style though

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Mmm, backing off of Wretch, definitely going for Confessor or the monk with the spear and the neck brace. Miracles and poo poo just look too fun to wait before slamming them.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I want a balder side sword reskin. And I want my horse to look like Capra demon

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Mmm, backing off of Wretch, definitely going for Confessor or the monk with the spear and the neck brace. Miracles and poo poo just look too fun to wait before slamming them.

If it helps it will be an incredibly short time before you get miracles. The first tutor is suuuuper early on.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Elden ring has absolutely cratered down to 96 and 100th percentile on opencritic.com fuckin piece of poo poo game just delete it from the servers

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
It would suck if we all entered some weird time warp and ended up back in early 2020.

Not because it was the beginning of the pandemic, but because it was when Elden Ring was just sort of an idea. I think all we had was that first trailer. And radio silence from From for like over a year and half.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
OOOoooooooooooohhh!!! Uuuooooaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Elden Ring.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i haven't played it, but I have been reading, and they buffed 2 hand blocking, and you can do an r2 guard counter(which does a good bit of stance damage, or whatever it's called) now after a successful block from what I understand.

This appeals to me greatly.

Something between Sekiro's parrying and a regular souls' game blocking always seemed like a sweet spot to me for a more involved parry/blocking mechanic that wouldn't be too off-putting for those who weren't way into Sekiro. Like an alpha-counter, but for greatswords :black101:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Charliegrs posted:

It would suck if we all entered some weird time warp and ended up back in early 2020.

Not because it was the beginning of the pandemic, but because it was when Elden Ring was just sort of an idea. I think all we had was that first trailer. And radio silence from From for like over a year and half.

Over 2 years. Total silence from the E3 2019 announce trailer to the gameplay reveal trailer from July of last year. We've only had the slightest inkling of how Elden Ring plays for about 8 months. A year ago all we had was some fuzzy leak video that shocked us with a horse and a jump button.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

FishMcCool posted:

Now, let me tell you about Code Vein...

McElroy brothers from Monster Factory were making a vampire with lots of hats and wild hair then saw they needed to make a Kuato when they saw the snowman.

It has, literally, 100s of objects you can place and position anywhere. Like you want a dagger coming out of your head ? Do it

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 24, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I am really extremely enjoying reading how excited everyone itt is :-]

I am thinking about the days of 2020 and 2021 before any gameplay was released where it was common to see tweets that were just like "elden ring is not real"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I am really enjoying reading how excited everyone itt is :-]

I am thinking about the days of 2020 and 2021 where it was common to see tweets that were just like "elden ring is not real"

I mean it isn't. None of this is real. You're in a coma right now.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

This NPC that keeps saying "We love you please wake up" how do you progress their quest??

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Lol, the ones I remember were the doomposting in D&D and CSPAM, followed by "but the world can't end until I can play Elden Ring!!!!!!1!1111"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

acksplode posted:

This NPC that keeps saying "We love you please wake up" how do you progress their quest??

I shot myself and now a lvl 99 Mal is chasing me and Joseph Gordon Levitt around another poison swamp yelling something about a Train coming ?, he;lp

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

acksplode posted:

Plenty of Souls freaks in the PS5 thread, and there's a link to the playstation goon discord in the OP. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941400

thanks pals

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spoil me on this: is there a way to guarantee seeing summon signs from friends? If we know?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I think there's a password system like the previous soulses, dunno if there's anything beyond that though

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

This doesn't show footage of anything past the first 1-2 areas. It does show some footage of bosses and stuff from within those two zones but it's short clips and no discussion of lore or anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdstSHeoNGA&t=1s

I like the part in this video about combat and weapon variety. It seems as though From has put in an incredible amount of effort balancing everything to make sure that not only is every weapon type potentially viable, but they all have versatile move sets that go beyond spamming R1.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I think there's a password system like the previous soulses, dunno if there's anything beyond that though

All I need lol thanks

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It is a serious MOOD to read this thread and then a Ukraine thread. Wowzers.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
randomizer mods are gonna be wild for this game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

Spoil me on this: is there a way to guarantee seeing summon signs from friends? If we know?

spend the next 5 days playing elden ring then your friends will probably start sending you signs

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

how Lustrous is an acceptable amount of Luster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

There are two passwords now, one for group/community which is used for things like messages and I guess bloodstains, and then a party password which functions like in Bloodborne and previous Dark Souls games, for summoning/partying with specific people.

The group/community password we're using on SA and the PS Discord is LLJK.