Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Mr. Apollo posted:

La Presse is citing sources that say if Charest enters the leadership race, Harper will make sure that a "Real Conservative" wins.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...te-du-parti.php

So Harper has confirmed he's going to run again if Charest does?

Wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I thought that was an old article from the last cpc leadership race

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Conveniently, they can just publish the same article every time there's another CPC leadership race until Harper returns

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Oh.

https://twitter.com/CdnPressPoli/status/1496587407310864390

Trudeau up at 4 p.m. ET (so like 7 minutes) to speak.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Wow, what do you know?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

Wow, what do you know?

no i was told by fox news this was forever and ever and we'd never be free again, this has to be lies.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

bunnyofdoom posted:

I thought that was an old article from the last cpc leadership race
The article I linked was published at 5:00 AM this morning.

Conveniently, they can just publish the same article every time there's another CPC leadership race until Harper returns
Pretty much

HackensackBackpack posted:

Oh.

https://twitter.com/CdnPressPoli/status/1496587407310864390

Trudeau up at 4 p.m. ET (so like 7 minutes) to speak.
Now people on Twitter are mad that Trudeau didn't put revoking the act to a vote and they claim he's acting unilaterally.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 23, 2022

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Arivia posted:

no i was told by fox news this was forever and ever and we'd never be free again, this has to be lies.

Thank god Fox News was able to shame the Tyrant Trudeau into not turning Canada into a police state, which we definitely weren’t already.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Thank god Fox News was able to shame the Tyrant Trudeau into not turning Canada into a police state, which we definitely weren’t already.

I have to report to the hospital for my three rocket burst still, sadly

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I have it on good authority that Trudeau is a coward and a tyrant because of the Emergencies Act and he is a coward and tyrant because he has rescinded the Emergencies Act. Both these things are absolutely true and if you doubt it in any way you clearly hate freedom. Now excuse me as I visit my hate shrine of Trudeau.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wondering if Trudeau only followed through to make conservatives show their whole rear end and also to piss off the NDP voters.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Powershift posted:

Wondering if Trudeau only followed through to make conservatives show their whole rear end and also to piss off the NDP voters.
The CBC main article is about a Conservative senator complaining that "friendly and patriotic" Canadians are being "demonized" for participating in The Convoy.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Powershift posted:

Why would NDP voters be pissed? I voted NDP and I'm fine with this.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Like clockwork.

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1496596235851124742

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Who was it that said they're like children who throw a fit all day wanting to go home and at 3pm think that they've won?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Maybe he got word the senate was going to do something and dropped it ahead of time.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Haven't all the protests been cleared? The Emergency invocation literally did the one thing it was supposed to. I hardly think we need to look for reasons he's giving up, as much as I dislike the guy Trudeau is no Julius Caesar.

Mr. Apollo posted:

Now people on Twitter are mad that Trudeau didn't put revoking the act to a vote and they claim he's acting unilaterally.

Their mistake was being on Twitter

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 23, 2022

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.
I'm just hoping this doesn't embolden the assholes to resume their assholery.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I've received 2 text messages this afternoon from the "PC Ontario Fund" asking if the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario can count on my support in this year's election.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Well, can they?

Were you one of the folks that joined the party during the last leadership convention* to try to keep Doug Ford out or whatever?

*This was a thing in the Toronto LAN thread, for some reason.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

Haven't all the protests been cleared? The Emergency invocation literally did the one thing it was supposed to. I hardly think we need to look for reasons he's giving up, as much as I dislike the guy Trudeau is no Julius Caesar.

Their mistake was being on Twitter

It’s fun to speculate. That’s all.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Well, can they?

Were you one of the folks that joined the party during the last leadership convention* to try to keep Doug Ford out or whatever?

*This was a thing in the Toronto LAN thread, for some reason.
No and no although I do remember something about people joining to vote against Ford.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why would NDP voters be pissed? I voted NDP and I'm fine with this.

So was I, and so am I.

Many see it as blindly capitulating to Trudeau.

Will the OPS's inaction be within the scope of federal inquiries triggered by the use of the act?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I can't imagine how it could not be, since it directly led to the use of the act. IIRC Ottawa is also planning to call an inquiry.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

I can't imagine how it could not be, since it directly led to the use of the act. IIRC Ottawa is also planning to call an inquiry.

CPC probably making GBS threads themselves due to this mandatory inquiry.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Mr. Apollo posted:

I've received 2 text messages this afternoon from the "PC Ontario Fund" asking if the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario can count on my support in this year's election.

Conservative database management system seems to be shite or the locals don't know how to manage database or all of the above. Like Microsoft Security I don't mind loving with them and wasting their time.

brucio posted:

CPC probably making GBS threads themselves due to this mandatory inquiry.

Only if they think being linked to neoNazis is a bad thing.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Hexigrammus posted:

Conservative database management system seems to be shite or the locals don't know how to manage database or all of the above. Like Microsoft Security I don't mind loving with them and wasting their time.
I’ve received text messages from the conservatives for the last couple of federal and provincial elections so they’re obviously sharing information. I’ve never received texts from any of the other parties; either provincial or federal. I’ve never knowingly given my number for anything related to the conservatives so I’m not sure how they got it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Cops are reviewing Randy Hillier's tweets, according to the Star.

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1496625015382589440

That dude's twitter timeline is a black hole of far right insanity but I guess maybe doxing cops and telling people to disrupt phone lines does get you into some hot water.

Doesn't say he's been charged, just that they're "aware" of his tweets and are "reviewing" them.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Powershift posted:

So was I, and so am I.

Many see it as blindly capitulating to Trudeau.

Will the OPS's inaction be within the scope of federal inquiries triggered by the use of the act?

That is what all the reporting was saying. Honestly it's one of the best things to come out of the emergency declaration, other than actually freeing the streets of Ottawa from the occupiers. Invoking the Act ensures that there will be a full inquiry. I believe this is also true of the provincial and municipal invocations.

Edit:

HackensackBackpack posted:

Doesn't say he's been charged, just that they're "aware" of his tweets and are "reviewing" them.

How many Canadian politicians have been convicted of crimes while still in office? Is this something they're trying to tiptoe around?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

That is what all the reporting was saying. Honestly it's one of the best things to come out of the emergency declaration, other than actually freeing the streets of Ottawa from the occupiers. Invoking the Act ensures that there will be a full inquiry. I believe this is also true of the provincial and municipal invocations.

Good. Something has to happen on that front because jfc what a shitshow that became

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

How many Canadian politicians have been convicted of crimes while still in office? Is this something they're trying to tiptoe around?

Dean Del Mastro was still in office when he was, *ahem* led out in cuffs for violating the Elections Act, was he not?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

He's been charged before, not sure what came of it https://www.toronto.com/news-story/10276571-lanark-frontenac-kingston-mpp-randy-hillier-charged-following-anti-covid-19-lockdown-rally/

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Edit:

Fingers crossed Doug McCallum gets his, that’s for sure.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
https://www.trucknews.com/transportation/mto-grounds-trucking-businesses-involved-in-freedom-convoy-protests/1003157332/

:sickos:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Welp. There it is.

If any of them actually relied on trucking for their livelihood, they've good and hosed themselves.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
A ton of the Ottawa trucks were from this Jonker company and this story made me mad in like 6 ways:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/harold-jonker-ottawa-protest-integrity-commissioner-investigation-1.6361417

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

By the sounds of it there's a good chance Jonker is no longer legally able to operate, so there's that.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Who's ready for a European land war

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

quote:

But it failed to find support during a committee meeting Tuesday evening, with five council members, including Jonker, voting against it.

Uh, I feel like it's kind of a bad idea to let a council member vote on their own integrity investigation? It seems like there might be a bit of a conflict of interest there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaranthius
Nov 27, 2002

Grimey Drawer

KingKalamari posted:

Uh, I feel like it's kind of a bad idea to let a council member vote on their own integrity investigation? It seems like there might be a bit of a conflict of interest there...

Sounds like they should have a vote to have an integrity investigation into a councillor who didn't recuse themselves from voting due to a conflict of interest. Of course they will vote on that one too because municipal government is apparently a joke.