Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emdash posted:

Not remotely true even in competitive

True but who cares.

Is LC losing her scepter and not getting a new one a first?

Desperate Character posted:

every patch valve just keeps on making enigma's midnight pulse an even more terrible joke

just return it to pure damage why do you keep making it worse :negative:

they even nerfed his worthless shard lmao

some of the changes are weird, like jugg needed to be easier to kill with phys apparently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I managed to get the new hero my first game and oh my god he is so fun

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They hosed SOMETHING up with evade!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Why the gently caress did ogre ignite not get a damage nerf.
they increased the cooldown by 13% lol

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The flesh heap changes look extremely poo poo to me. He loses magic resistance and a significant amount of str and in return gets a temporary vanguard that also blocks magic damage? That seems like an extremely poo poo trade unless it scales off stacks of flesh heap and they just forgot to mention that part.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

The flesh heap changes look extremely poo poo to me. He loses magic resistance and a significant amount of str and in return gets a temporary vanguard that also blocks magic damage? That seems like an extremely poo poo trade unless it scales off stacks of flesh heap and they just forgot to mention that part.

Well, I mean, if anyone deserved nerfs it was Pudge

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Theres undocumented new items in this patch what the gently caress. If you build eaglesong and javelin get an item called voidwalker scythe

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

lol what? I can't even find that if I search for it or anything

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

they've apparently patched it already, but there was voidwalker scythe, which was eaglesong + javelin

and eagle eye, which was eaglesong and gem of true sight

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
well at least they didnt just make techies a generic toolbox hero with an aoe nuke, stun, movement, and ult. its close, but not exactly.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe posted:

give him a sticky bomb like bombadier. gently caress it

also yes ill take my winnings now. pay up bitches

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
first video i click for bombadier hon search querry and its notail very easy flawless victory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclUcVZGO2w&t=29s

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

oh my god, Boots of Bearing don't break like Tranquils do. And it refills the Drum Charges.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

new techies is awful

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh wow that EBlade rework.

RiP Shotgun Morph

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I got to play the new hero and it's pretty okay. My biggest problem was sticking to targets since his abilities rely on being in melee range.

It feels like Valve is intentionally avoiding making a new hard carry at this point.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Techies belongs in the dumpster so good. Rubick aghs is amazing poo poo (how to get aghs on rubick however).

What's the deal wjth the wex changes to speed is there a math magician who can tell me how much slower I am in the end? Seems really nice no boots level one tho

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

flashman posted:

Techies belongs in the dumpster so good. Rubick aghs is amazing poo poo (how to get aghs on rubick however).

What's the deal wjth the wex changes to speed is there a math magician who can tell me how much slower I am in the end? Seems really nice no boots level one tho

hey gently caress u buddyu

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Do the brewlings do pierce damage again or are they too cowardly to fully restore it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They dont have the weird passive so no.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know it needs bkb to be good but primals ult cd is 100% getting nerfed lmao

Probably a trample distance nerf too

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Surprised they decided Tinker needed to be even more of a slippery little rear end in a top hat.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

tinker can refresh teh 25 aoe dps totem and the dps stacks

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beast's VA sounds so limp lol

sugar free jazz posted:

tinker can refresh teh 25 aoe dps totem and the dps stacks

This is true lmao, just farm every camp

I'm not sure how much more practical it is than just going shard for march, but you can do some incredibly dumb old techies style ambushes with 10 of them

e: Wait I guess march is totally gone now

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 24, 2022

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Okay well maybe my opinion is just stupid because Primal Beast currently has like a 37% winrate which is very low even for a new hero. Seems like the only items that have decent winrates on him are auras. If carrying auras is the main thing he's good for then there are probably better picks.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

day 1 winrates pretty much always bias to either "way too good" or "trash" with basically nothing in between. Either they're SO busted anything works, or no one knows how to build them and they lose 60% of their games

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Beast's VA sounds so limp lol

This is true lmao, just farm every camp

I'm not sure how much more practical it is than just going shard for march, but you can do some incredibly dumb old techies style ambushes with 10 of them

e: Wait I guess march is totally gone now

well considering the totems can move and scout and chase theyre uh very good

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do people not not realize you can combo PB's Q and W or something

sugar free jazz posted:

well considering the totems can move and scout and chase theyre uh very good

I havent checked but I assumed they had like a 50g bounty?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Gettin shards five minutes earlier is pretty cool

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Do people not not realize you can combo PB's Q and W or something

I havent checked but I assumed they had like a 50g bounty?

I believe it’s 20g lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beast's ult having a special animation for rosh where he punches him in the face instead of slamming him is a nice touch

sugar free jazz posted:

I believe it’s 20g lol

he cant keep getting away with this!!!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

sugar free jazz posted:

new techies is awful
Best patch ever

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pb was banned in the other 2 games I played last night but he felt strong to me. Can just initiate from so far away and then trample everybody.

Definitely had no clue how to build him though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
270 high MMR games with Primal have him at a 34% winrate http://dota2protracker.com/hero/Primal%20Beast

still early going, but looks underpowered for now

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

Okay apparently when Flesh Heap says it grants damage block against all damage types, that includes Magic. I read it as meaning just Reinforced / Piercing / Punty physical damage. So I guess you just don't hurt yourself via Rot at all now?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Witxhblade upgrade and new eth bLde seems like a good itemization path against agi carries now on the ol voker.. Not sure how to feel about orchid as the bloodthorn was pretty solid with the attack speed before. Maybe a smarter person can spoon feed me

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

love this little guy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Meepo at 58% pub winrate :pwn:, just ahead of Lone druid, huskar, undying

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

huskar that high despite the armlet nurf is interesting, I guess the magic resist on the passive is pretty good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bawfuls posted:

huskar that high despite the armlet nurf is interesting, I guess the magic resist on the passive is pretty good?

How do you consistently spell nerf wrong, it dishonours the most powerful brand of foam based weaponry.

Also an extra 5 HP drain per second isn't that big a deal to huskar.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Meepo at 58% pub winrate :pwn:, just ahead of Lone druid, huskar, undying

I miss the good ol days when people were so bad at dealing with meepo even a barely passable one like me could get wins.