Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Am I going crazy or is there now a cursor when you click anywhere with text, whether it is someone's post or name or in the top level forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

saintonan posted:

I voted against GHWB twice, and he was probably the least objectionable of all the Bushes, including Prescott.

GHWB was instrumental in all the fuckery during the Reagan years and would probably have been in jail if he hadn't pardoned everyone right as investigators were finishing up their case.

Jeb! on the other hand is just a doofus

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I remember Perot won the mock election in my middle school class because the popular kids all declared that he would cut school hours. The one extremely Armenian kid was very mad that GHWB lost.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was 4 months too young to vote for John Kerry.

Didn't stop me from rocking a Kerry Edwards sticker on my car, and having it getting torn off several times at my high school :v:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

How many of you all frequented the college football threads in the mid-2000s? I felt like most of us who did were all around college age at the time.

It's kind of blowing my mind some of you are 10 years older than me.

yeah I joined in time for the 2007 season, which was my senior year season. mid-30s millennial crew stand up (ow my knees).

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and i thought me graduating high school in 1999 made me among the oldest here

also perot in 92 was certainly an event

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

(ow my knees).

But enough about Dennis Dixon.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seiferguy posted:

I was 4 months too young to vote for John Kerry.

Didn't stop me from rocking a Kerry Edwards sticker on my car, and having it getting torn off several times at my high school :v:

It's amazing that the political machine somehow managed to turn Kerry, a purple heart recipient, into some simpering coward while Bush was a war hero doing coke and riding a desk in the air force reserves

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

It's amazing that the political machine somehow managed to turn Kerry, a purple heart recipient, into some simpering coward while Bush was a war hero doing coke and riding a desk in the air force reserves

This country has been poisoned to believe the GOP is exclusively virile cowboys instead of a bunch of simpering prep school white supremacist cowards.

Conservative marketing is incredible. They managed to rebrand the loving confederacy successfully for fucks sake.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They've somehow twisted it in their heads that the confederacy was good but also foisted the whole traitor aspect of it onto the democratic party

They love to mention that the confederacy and KKK were founded by dems, but then also support both

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1496687951216062465?t=EMNqgEUetV49Uj6sScPPmg&s=19

Joe needs naptime

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
George HW Bush was definitely in or near Dallas the day JFK was shot, but didn't remember where he was when he found out JFK had been shot. If you have any family that was over the age of 5 when JFK was shot, and you ask them "do you remember where you were when you found out JFK had been shot?" You will get a detailed story. GHWB, who was later head of the CIA, no recollection.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

They've somehow twisted it in their heads that the confederacy was good but also foisted the whole traitor aspect of it onto the democratic party

They love to mention that the confederacy and KKK were founded by dems, but then also support both

If we could harness American conservative cognitive dissonance we could end our dependence on fossil fuels.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
WATCH JOE START A loving WAR

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

maybe if the chuds hear putin wants to "de-nazify" they want support him so much

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

this is very bad

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Obvious source warning but...

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1496689463761817600?t=eVqeb18XkHIb9UXKJbNifw&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Bush Sr who has some actual claim to being a war hero and was pretty hawkish spent months backpedalling and fighting being called a wimp too.

The machine is weird and spits out random results at times.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

If I can find video of this I'll post it because poo poo is wild

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1496694875374374916?t=apiFqsBChyBe822HfO-JUg&s=19

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I just saw it, poo poo was indeed wild. Ukraine should just walk out of the UN for all the good it's done.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I distinctly remember walking up to my friend’s mom who was washing dishes when I was in elementary school and asking her who she voted for, and when she said Al Gore, I called her an imbecile lol. A 3rd grader calling you an imbecile is probably weird as gently caress and she just kinda stared blankly at me and went back to washing dishes. Later she sat me down and told me how incredibly rude that was.

The reason I thought she was an imbecile is because the big rumor going around school was that if Al Gore became president, he would ban recess :v:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Yeah this is probably gonna be bad

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1496697464585396226?t=xySqUD4auTpNmrBxgtTYeg&s=19

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

gently caress YOU

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1496695830715142148?s=20&t=v3VWJwkkpR52BYr40Yu7Sg

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Vacation update: I have played about 15 hours of Gundam Dynasty Warriors 3 and another 20ish of Civ 3. Thinking about getting Crusader Kings and living out my dumb history nerd fantasies.

Also my cats are being super cuddly right now with each other and it's adorable but imgur refuses to let me upload their cuteness.

In also deeply depressing vacay updates, I did show up to an important zoom meeting and then my big boss did a "what the gently caress is wrong with you???" and kicked me off. Right move but still just a little annoying.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1496693640651018246?t=qRywrvBEVR1uf2SGwDi3ew&s=1
Good to know thank u Mr trump

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

?????????

https://twitter.com/wsbmod/status/1496694982169837572?t=_uguu2-lRuB4FMCmEs_onw&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Other sources corroborate this information.

Also
https://twitter.com/civmilair/status/1496526316123959315?s=21

I just love the name "Doomsday Plane."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Thinking about getting Crusader Kings and living out my dumb history nerd fantasies.

If you've got the bandwidth to figure out a whole lot of rather annoying things you will absolutely love it if you're a history nerd.

Someone is eventually going to write a book if they haven't already on Tulsi and it will be fascinating and horrifying and...well there's a whole lot going on with that person.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Grittybeard posted:

If you've got the bandwidth to figure out a whole lot of rather annoying things you will absolutely love it if you're a history nerd.

Someone is eventually going to write a book if they haven't already on Tulsi and it will be fascinating and horrifying and...well there's a whole lot going on with that person.

If I can surreptiously recreate the Hapsburgs and play out insane ERE bullshit I'm good.

Also never forget that Tulsi grew up in a weird cult.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rubio's been pretty dead on this evening. Makes me wonder if he's tweeting a little more classified info than he should.

At the very least, he's a better American than Tulsi Gabbard. Hope he doesn't trip over that rotted twig of a low bar though.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
If I was China I’d be invading Taiwan ASAP.

The us will only use force against brown people. Idk if using force was even the right call on Ukraine, but doing nothing like the US/UN/NATO has so far doesn’t seem great. Ultimately a lot of Ukrainian civilians will be suffer because of this.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 24, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

we could have avoided conflict if we'd just accepted russia's insistence on denying ukraine its sovereignty is a hell of a take

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Other sources corroborate this information.

Also
https://twitter.com/civmilair/status/1496526316123959315?s=21

I just love the name "Doomsday Plane."

so.. uh....

what's a Doomsday plane, exactly?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Abugadu posted:

so.. uh....

Airborne command post in case of nuclear war

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Abugadu posted:

so.. uh....

that plane specifically is piloted by Jon Snow and is going to take down the dragons from the north with ease

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

we could have avoided conflict if we'd just accepted russia's insistence on denying ukraine its sovereignty is a hell of a take

"really what is 'Ukraine' anyway? have you ever heard of it before? i haven't!"

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

want to see vlad get the saddam treatment

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Abugadu posted:

Hell if I know. It's apparently intentionally low tech to withstand an EMP blast. It's supposed to in theory be a command center if everything goes to hell.

quote:

E-4B

One built (s/n 75-0125) and equipped with 52,500-lb CF6-50E2 engines. Has nuclear electromagnetic pulse protection, nuclear and thermal effects shielding, advanced electronics, and a wide variety of communications equipment

Nukes aren't going to rain down but if it was in Florida it probably does make sense to move it closer to DC.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Neil Armbong posted:

If I was China I’d be invading Taiwan ASAP.

The us will only use force against brown people. Idk if using force was even the right call on Ukraine, but doing nothing like the US/UN/NATO has so far doesn’t seem great. Ultimately a lot of Ukrainian civilians will be suffer because of this.

Every single US military action post WW2 tells me US military action won't make things better for Ukrainians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

Hell if I know. It's apparently intentionally low tech to withstand an EMP blast. It's supposed to in theory be a command center if everything goes to hell.

Nukes aren't going to rain down but if it was in Florida it probably does make sense to move it closer to DC.

They fly all the time. It’s an airborne strategic military command to provide redundancy in case of attack. Basically a way to avoid what Russia is doing rn to decapitate government and military control of Ukraine.

Skwirl posted:

Every single US military action post WW2 tells me US military action won't make things better for Ukrainians.

Agreed. Idk, sanctions seem p ineffective as a tool.