Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

BAH GAWD THAT'S SULIMAN'S MUSIC

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1496483032710234113

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

[Eurasia] In a final humiliation for the UN, the whole session had been chaired by Russia.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

mcclay posted:

where is my naval invasion of Odessa Putin. Where is my modern day urban D-Day you bald homophobic old gently caress

https://twitter.com/canto_general/status/1496698603322155008?s=20&t=uDN5Aa0wsP-eitbnG5JFzg

Who knows how reliable "Comrade from ukraine" is but lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just glad racism is over and we're back to fighting wars over what kind of white you are

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good soup! posted:

lol

Politics · Trending
#BidenIsAFailure
12.7K Tweets

Yeah that's the election for him too

What a Wednesday

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

yea this isn't 'insane' or whatever, this is extremely rational behavior for an imperialist strongman, as we can see in real time apparently this is a super easy win for him to show how tough and cool he is, that's not 'insane' that's just imperialism.

its automatically insane if you don't agree with western perspectives, OP

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jay-V posted:

2 years ago trump would have published like 232 tweets until 4am, but today biden's been asleep for 5 hours already. sad

biden doesn't sleep he gets plugged into his iron lung 22 hours out of the day

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

my bony fealty posted:

timed explosives?

like, they were planted there the whole time?

A lot of the western media on Spetznaz is widly off, but NATO assessments from the mid 70’s on suggest they would have done something like that throughout western Europe. Almost every major NATO installation and headquarters was expected to be under some sort of ground surveillance and possibly sabotage by their guys, who may have been there since the start of the diplomatic crisis.

I know the Canadian contingent expected to lose our primary airfield and arms dumps and we were waay behind the inter-German border in NATO reserve.

I kept saying that all of this poo poo was forgotten in the end zone dances after 1991.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There's no substantial armed anti-fascist faction in Ukraine right? To my knowledge, the militias are just Ukrainian-speaking Nazis and Russian-speaking Nazis

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Crunchy Black posted:

lol that the start to ww3 is so stupid

I mean, I assume Biden is gonna sleep through this but I've been wrong thus far so who the gently caress knows.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

this thread was a lot better before d&d came in. can't blame em since that forum is dead though.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jay-V posted:

2 years ago trump would have published like 232 tweets until 4am, but today biden's been asleep for 5 hours already. sad

yeah it sucks

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Good soup! posted:

lol

Politics · Trending
#BidenIsAFailure
12.7K Tweets

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

yea that's actually really fascinating if true, it speaks to a hopefully pretty light war if they had this level of internal support.

Tbh it would be darkly funny if the end of all this was just a poo poo ton of Ukrainians confirming the whole 'Ukraine is basically just Russia' by working with Russia.

The dark comedy would be if Ukraine just folded to Russia like the US Afghanistan's puppet folded to the Taliban.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Crunchy Black posted:

lol that the start to ww3 is so stupid

was there ever any doubt that it wouldnt be?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Radirot posted:

this country used to like oil what happened

planet's dyin' cloud

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Lmao. Lots of people dead because old Joe couldn't look weak for the election.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Snake Dance posted:

Russia please send a "stray" missile at Bellingcat

Tbh I'd like to fire an RPG at Brown Moses

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
CNN stressing that there are definitely no neonazis in Ukraine. No mention of Azov though

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

sounds mad

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

no no

Russia bad

US and NATO good

why are you such a tankie who wants to hug and kiss putin, the insane fascist man?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

PhilippAchtel posted:

Moron. This sabre-rattling horseshit is exactly what led to the current situation.

The US and their allies need to stop using economic warfare and proxies to enforce an already dead hegemony.

I thought what led to the current situation was Russia positioning soldiers in the border of a neighbor country after not getting what they want and giving them orders to advance, sorry.

You're right let's deescalate and do nothing, it worked in the past. I'm sure this expansion won't continue, this time it'll work.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Chamale posted:

There's no substantial armed anti-fascist faction in Ukraine right? To my knowledge, the militias are just Ukrainian-speaking Nazis and Russian-speaking Nazis

weird twist on the "slavic snakes" trope

Serf
May 5, 2011

i am just hoping that biden's afghanistan pullout remains the policy of the day and we don't send in troops

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

papersack posted:

this thread was a lot better before d&d came in. can't blame em since that forum is dead though.

Let the dogs gloat, they caught the car.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

noam "epstein" chomsky is right

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

CNN is saying that the Ukrainian gov is perfectly capable of mounting a defense on their own without American support.

:trumppop:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Chamale posted:

Um the Russian army

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

PhilippAchtel posted:

Moron. This sabre-rattling horseshit is exactly what led to the current situation.

The US and their allies need to stop using economic warfare and proxies to enforce an already dead hegemony.

moron, the oligarchs need to be neutered

take all of their wealth

actually take the rest of the billionaires wealth, too

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

orange sky posted:

I thought what led to the current situation was Russia positioning soldiers in the border of a neighbor country after not getting what they want and giving them orders to advance, sorry.

You're right let's deescalate and do nothing, it worked in the past. I'm sure this expansion won't continue, this time it'll work.

What do you think Russia wants?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ughhhh posted:

Lmao. Lots of people dead because old Joe couldn't look weak for the election.

which elections, including previous ones? :allears:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

poo poo happened so fast and Ukraine got caught somehow so loving off guard they probably didn't have time to pull off the hidden army thing everyone thought they would do if they got invaded.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

spacemang_spliff posted:

CNN stressing that there are definitely no neonazis in Ukraine. No mention of Azov though

The Azov Battalion getting annihilated at the moment of contact would be the one silver lining to all this.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I, for one, am glad we're done with weird sandy middle east warfare and we're getting back to good old fashioned European warfare.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

They never said a successful defense.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Danann posted:

The dark comedy would be if Ukraine just folded to Russia like the US Afghanistan's puppet folded to the Taliban.

I mean that's what's probably just gonna happen, they don't have the military to resist this and it sounds like this has been extremely surgical in crippling what they do have, even if Ukraine goes full militia urban warfare resistance this is gonna be over by this time tomorrow unless things get really buck wild.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

papersack posted:

thats because its like CNN over there, nothing but those most brainworm lib takes

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I don't know what I'm talking about but my read is that the azov battalion etc are groups that exist already and want to fight Russians and separatist rebels, so the government said ok go for it because it's easier to supply them rather than scold them or crack down on them.

Which is not a Good Thing but also doesn't mean that Ukraine's government is nazis. Am I off base here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Serf posted:

i am just hoping that biden's afghanistan pullout remains the policy of the day and we don't send in troops

MIC's gotta get their beaks wet at least a little bit. No way they pass up a little war unless this is as finished as it seems already